Darkness and rain all the time

3 hours ago, KK78 said:

I've just done a career event in USA and 3 of the 6 stages were at night, 2 with rain, 1 dry, then 1 at dusk and 2 in the day (1 with rain) This is completely unrealistic from a time of day perspective.

Have you got a screenshot of that? In a 6 stage rally you should have a 50% chance of 2 night stages and a 50% chance of 1. There shouldn't be a way to have 3 night stages (unless you're counting dusk too, in which case perfectly possible)?

it's too often dark or night in career
But The problem is car headlights that do not have enough power

BTW, when you play, do you ensure to have dimmed light in your room? It's obvious that lit room makes dark in-game environment unplayable. If you playing night stage, ensure you are sitting in a dark room. It should be rule of thumb.

If you don't believe, think about turning on a cabin light during driving at night. Who tried it already knows it impacts visibility significantly (and cabin light is way weaker than room light)

Posted (edited)

"GIVE A KID A BOX OF MATCHES".

An old cliche, but true nonetheless.

'Look how great our rain effects are, especially with the night lighting effects.'

.......Of course, 90 percent of the tracks will be run at night, and in the rain.

Edited by xGabe62x

On 3/4/2019 at 10:05 AM, Jake Cushing said:

Solution: Slider for percentage rain and percentage night stages (with some random variability on top).

But they should definitely be reduced from the current percentage, no matter what. Sorry, 50% rain and dark is just ridiculous.

And I agree that for a serious rally game, stages beginning in the morning and proceeding through the hours of the day should be the default approach.

Great idea. Even Euro Truck simulator has a slider for " percentage chance of rain ".

Not rocket science, is it ?

• Like 1

I am absolutely sick of the rain, night and **** lighting even in daylight conditions. It's not even fun anymore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:33 PM, xGabe62x said:

Not rocket science, is it ?

Given that both of those things involve programming software that would look like walls of code to me, that wouldn't seem like an appropriate metaphor...

• Agree 1

Following on from: 

with some comments I added on Reddit:

**1st:** I really hope they find a way to increase the number of times of day available. The issue is that there are 3x as many sunset, dusk and night stages as daytime. To resolve this, we need something similar to Dirt4, with early- and late-morning, noon and early- and late-afternoon times available. Ideally there would be a percentage chance of each timeslot appearing per day.

**2nd:** There HAS to be more weather variants for each time of day. Or a chance of no stage at that time of day.

**3rd:** When a rally is 'created', there needs to be a percentage chance of choosing a weather variant which depends on the 'previous' stage. So, Spain, for example, should have a 60% chance of starting with a morning stage in sunshine, 10% showers in morning, 5% cloudy and wet in morning, 10% chance of starting at 'dusk' with a clear sky, 2% starting at night in dry and 3% starting at dusk in the wet. Or similar - ignore the numbers, you get the idea. Those numbers could change with difficulty levels if needed too. And the following stage should be based on the previous one. So if you started with early morning in sun, the next one should be a 90% chance of late morning being sunny; 5% showers, 5% rain. But if the first one is in rain, then the chance of rain (or wet surface) in the second stage is hugely increased.

And there can be the same logic as to whether we use each time of day. Do we need a 'sunset', 'dusk' and 'night' stage for each day. Or should there be a 80% chance of 'sunset', a 50% chance of 'dusk' and a 20% chance of 'night' for example? 

---

Now it's easy for me to say that, but I'm not looking at the codebase of the game. I understand why the game is like it is, and the career may well have been coded before all weather options were created and before all stages were made so it may not have been possible to do anything beforehand. But Codemasters have promised improvements and support for 6+ months and DR1 evolved tremendously in that time, so I have faith.

But come on Codemasters, do your part and talk to us about it. Please.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Great post Rodger. Sounds like common sense to me. This is the timetable for the upcoming Tour de Corse.

Friday 29th March
SS1 Bavella 1 08:29 AM
SS2 Valinco 1 09:24 AM
SS3 Alta-Rocca 1 10:32 AM
SS4 Bavella 2 02:05 PM
SS5 Valinco 2 03:00 PM
SS6 Alta-Rocca 2 04:08 PM
Saturday 30th March
SS7 Cap Corse 1 07:38 AM
SS8 Désert des Agriates 1 09:08 AM
SS9 Castagniccia 1 10:14 AM
SS10 Cap Corse 2 02:38 PM
SS11 Désert des Agriates 2 04:08 PM
SS12 Castagniccia 2 05:14 PM
Sunday 31rd March
SS13 Eaux de Zilia  09:45 AM
SS14 Calvi (Power Stage) 12:18 PM
Podium Ceremony (Calvi) 03:00 PM

I get that they want to show of the work they have done on different times of day but rallying takes place predominantly during daylight hours. So lets just have the game being more realistic. Same with the weather, yes it's good to show off the work they have done on weather but when it doesn't match reality it's immersion breaking. The game has become a complete chore. At night in heavy rain with those six inch nails constantly hammering down from the sky I get no enjoyment from playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don't think they should want to show off what they have done a PS4 Pro , Darkness and Rain looks horrible 😞  sorry codies but its true .

Love the game but when running on PS4 Pro in rain at night it looks like the rain is "as you  say  Slim"  6 inch nails , on ps4 they are like 12 inch nails and a lot wider than nails are  😛 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just came from a 12 stage rally in USA on Masters. I think 9 out of 12 stages was either rain/wet, dark/night or both. Gawd dammit 😞

• Like 1

I appreciate the fact that every location has rain now, but afternoon stages with rain are straight up missing in some locations it seems. Can't even do time trials in the wet without it being either dusk or dawn, so I hope this is something they consider patching in later at least.

1 hour ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Just came from a 12 stage rally in USA on Masters. I think 9 out of 12 stages was either rain/wet, dark/night or both. Gawd dammit 😞

Yea, its...no fun 😞 

1 hour ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Holy **** MongoJon actually exists on these forums. I thought you were just some AI I had to be chasing for all of those months back on the DR1 leaderboards =P

You aren't making me any more excited to start this next Masters championship tho...

• Haha 1

I can't race during the day anymore as my eyes are adjusted to the evening 🙂…... I am now Nocturnal and do not want to wake up in the mornings to go to work ! 

You codemasters have a lot to answer for 😛  

• Haha 1

Codemasters want to make a realistice game. And apparently they are happy that have succeeded in that.

Unfortunately the number of night stages prove that they have not made a realistic game.

It must be possible to adjust this without a huge amount of work.

I am looking forward to that.

Happy to find I'm not the only one to complain about that.

I'm sick of the rain !! Today I race 7 rallycross events in carreer mod, evey round was under the rain !!

Codemaster have to rename the game "RAIN RALLY 2.0" or fix this !

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Check some of the other threads.

The rainy+darkness fix is coming very soon...

Edited by Jake Cushing

Posted (edited)

If this is fixed i would of hated playing before the patch. 6 races completed so far tonight and 3 have been rain and dark and another 1 rain and day. Its like the rain never lets up.  And this Lancia Fulvia struggles to get round hairpins at 15mph in the rain. Not fun.

Edited by FLAW3D

Posted (edited)

Onto Argentina first race...Rain.

Thats 5 out of 7 races that have been raining.

Edit: 8th bone dry and sunny, 9th pouring down 

7/9 wet races. Pre patch must of been close to 100% rain.

Edited by FLAW3D

Posted (edited)

Yes in my brief play last night I had a majority dark, and a majority wet. With that terrific 'cloud of nails' rain in Poland that made me give up and shelve the game.

Seriously hope this gets another fix.

Edited by Jake Cushing

I have also definitely not noticed much any difference in frequency of rain/night stages.  Started up a new career championship, first stage of the first event, rain / night, followed by a fair deal more rain and/or night.  First stage of the second event was heavy rain at night.  I figured the game was trolling me so I quit out of that lol.

5 hours ago, lilfurbal said:

I have also definitely not noticed much any difference in frequency of rain/night stages.  Started up a new career championship, first stage of the first event, rain / night, followed by a fair deal more rain and/or night.  First stage of the second event was heavy rain at night.  I figured the game was trolling me so I quit out of that lol.

Does quitting out and restarting work? Its supposed to be random so i guess thats worth a shot. Im really just trying to get on with the game now and trying my best to enjoy it but racing in the dark half the time and pouring down rain the vast majority of the time really isnt making it easy 😞

It's meant to be a server-side fix, so it would seem career events are dished out by their servers, not the local software on your rig.

Its definitely fixed for me,  just did Spain, and no wet stages, i think 2 night.    Starting New England, 2 wet and 3 night.

You may need to start a new championship to see the results? (although it should be per event)