Darkness and rain all the time

I noticed that there's hardly any night stages available for Time Trial, which is nice.

9 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Does quitting out and restarting work? Its supposed to be random so i guess thats worth a shot. Im really just trying to get on with the game now and trying my best to enjoy it but racing in the dark half the time and pouring down rain the vast majority of the time really isnt making it easy 😞

I haven't tried quitting and restarting it, I just quit and went to freeplay.  Beyond the challenges I pretty much stopped with the career rally / rallycross as it got tedious, and I also like the more fine tuned 1-100 difficulty scale you get to use in freeplay.  After the patch was my first time starting up a new career championship within about 2 weeks, but it wasn't really feeling much different, and was still really tedious.  

9 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

I haven't tried quitting and restarting it, I just quit and went to freeplay.  Beyond the challenges I pretty much stopped with the career rally / rallycross as it got tedious, and I also like the more fine tuned 1-100 difficulty scale you get to use in freeplay.  After the patch was my first time starting up a new career championship within about 2 weeks, but it wasn't really feeling much different, and was still really tedious.  

Yeah i might just ditch Career, I feel as if i have been in this Lancia Fulvia forever and it was boring me to tears last night mix in the rain and it was a tedious few hours. 

Still too many night stages in my oppinion - its just not enjoyable to drive. 

It was the same with Dirt4s fog system. A really cool feature on paper, but when you sit there with sore eyes after a stage..

• Agree 4

Night stages wouldn’t be so bad if they would fix the damn headlight issue. There isn’t nearly enough illumination to drive with any degree of confidence or aggression. That is the problem with this game at large - it just seems like it can’t  get out of its own way. While some things excel, others are woefully under developed, not properly thought out - or poorly implemented. I’ve said it in other posts and will say here again: whoever was signing off on this kind of stuff during development, or more importantly testing - just got it wrong. How this is the case is a mystery given Codies pedigree, but baffling to be sure. 

#simplethingsgonewrong

• Agree 5

Just drove DiRT Rally 1 rally championship with pro-level.
There was 2/48 night stages and those two was dry.
Maby they tweaked wrong game because I don´t see any difference with DR2 night and rain, night+rain is something awful, not funny at all.

Also those pitch dark shadows, there wasn´t any at DR1, just like in real life.

Suggestion to DiRT 2 team is play some DiRT 1 races (with FFB wheel) and compare it to your game, seems they haven´t done that.

• Agree 2

Just finished 12 stages, Masters, New Zealand, here is the conditions I was driving in:

1. Heavy Rain

2. Night

3. Wet

4. Dry

5. Heavy Rain - dark

6. Night - wet

7. Rain

8. Dry

9. Heavy Rain

10. Rain - Night

11. Rain

12. Dry

It was about exactly the same in the previous rally , Spain. The weather is worse than ever, *** ???? It's so gawd damn frustrating !!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

For me it definately got better.

Had 2 day/dry stages in new zealand in a row.

i saw the light 😄

perhaps it‘s still too much but it‘s better i‘m sure...

• Haha 1

Dirt Rally 2 is not as dynamic as I was hoping with the weather, time of day and track degradation. Instead we are given a bunch of presets and not particularly good ones. What WRC8 is promising sounds very good, but we'll have to wait and see.

DR2 needs more times of day available and separate this from weather when selecting. In lieu of fully dynamic weather and time of day, at least give us the options:

TIME OF DAY: Dawn, Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Sunset, Dusk, Night

WEATHER: Clear, Cloudy, Rain (Showers, Light, Heavy), Fog? Haze/Dust?

SURFACE: Dry, Damp, Wet, Very Wet

8 hours ago, Bongomaster said:

Dirt Rally 2 is not as dynamic as I was hoping with the weather, time of day and track degradation. Instead we are given a bunch of presets and not particularly good ones. What WRC8 is promising sounds very good, but we'll have to wait and see.

DR2 needs more times of day available and separate this from weather when selecting. In lieu of fully dynamic weather and time of day, at least give us the options:

TIME OF DAY: Dawn, Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Sunset, Dusk, Night

WEATHER: Clear, Cloudy, Rain (Showers, Light, Heavy), Fog? Haze/Dust?

SURFACE: Dry, Damp, Wet, Very Wet

totally agreed. with more times of day (especially during the daytime) there would be fewer dark stages.

currently there are only 4 options: day, sunset, dusk and night. this is not enough.

say what you will about Dirt 4, but they nailed this aspect. they even had stuff like pre-dawn, and the difference between 8.00am and 10.00am (as well as 8pm and 10pm etc) was really noticeable.

• Agree 1

Fully agree that we do need more time options. Early/late morning, noon, early/late afternoon before the sunset, dusk and night trio. And additional weather options for the times of day which currently only have one option. 

• Agree 2