Jump to content

*** PS4 Pro locked at 1080p no 1440p or 1800p option. Not buying.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Digital Foundry just compared XBoxOneX and PS4 Pro and base models.  Pro owners are S.O.L.  Not even at 1440p option.  Stuck at 1080p same as base PS4 model.

Not buying this just to prove the point, if Codemasters is too lazy to offer some love to Pro users.  

 

Repeating: The PS4 base model is already running at 1080p at 60 FPS.   The Pro model can handle much more.

Edited by PeeWee11
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro just isn't capable clearly. Not Codemasters fault if Sony can't match Microsoft for power is it?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PS4 pro is not even a mid range PC at this point.  I understand people like the convenience of consoles, but they are basically the same components at this point.  You don't get a $2000 PC for $349 just because it's a console.  They can only fit so much power in a box that is probably selling at cost at that price.  Not a difficult concept to understand. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a cop out with no basis for debate.

PS4 base model is 1080p at 60 FPS.

PS4 Pro model is 1080p at 60 FPS.

 

To suggest that Codemasters can’t bump it to 1440p for the Pro model because. “It doesn’t have the power” is pure rubbish.  The PS4 base is already running 1080p at 60fps.

 

Codemasters laziness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, magpieracer48 said:

The pro just isn't capable clearly. Not Codemasters fault if Sony can't match Microsoft for power is it?

Not capable of higher than 1080p for a game that has 1 car on very narrow corridor tracks? BEHAVE YOURSELF 

 

The game looks worse than Dirt Rally on the OG PS4 than Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PS4 Pro - How is that possible?!?!

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Not capable of higher than 1080p for a game that has 1 car on very narrow corridor tracks? BEHAVE YOURSELF 

 

The game looks worse than Dirt Rally on the OG PS4 than Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PS4 Pro - How is that possible?!?!

So let me get this straight. You think that codemasters are deliberately hurting the PS4 Pro version of the game for no reason? Get real, seriously. 

 

💁‍♂️

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

So let me get this straight. You think that codemasters are deliberately hurting the PS4 Pro version of the game for no reason? Get real, seriously. 

 

💁‍♂️

They clearly didnt "deliberately hurt" the PS4 Pro version as you put it but its clear they have severly over stretched themselves on the release date and released a product that could of done with another 6 to 12 months in development as we have so many issues.

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1080p allows the Ps4 Pro to run at a locked 60fps with perfect frame pacing though. I doubt it could do that with 1440p. Pretty sure the Pro is running better graphical effects/options too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, andmcq said:

1080p allows the Ps4 Pro to run at a locked 60fps with perfect frame pacing though. I doubt it could do that with 1440p. Pretty sure the Pro is running better graphical effects/options too.

The og PS4 version is locked to 60fps. Also Digital Foundy saying the graphics and textures were the same across the PS4 and Pro what differences are you seeing that they missed?

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

its clear they have severly over stretched themselves on the release date and released a product that could of done with another 6 to 12 months in development as we have so many issues.

They have a service plan in place for at least the next 6 months. That means, new content, features and bug fixes for the next six months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, framerates can drop by around 30-40% in various sections of Argentina in the rain at 1080P(albeit highest settings of course), makes things complicated when trying to accommodate consoles like the PS4 Pro at anything above 1080P, perhaps Codemasters will be able to optimize it to allow the option in time but if you care about high resolutions then a console isn't so suitable anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nbates66 said:

Eh, framerates can drop by around 30-40% in various sections of Argentina in the rain at 1080P(albeit highest settings of course), makes things complicated when trying to accommodate consoles like the PS4 Pro at anything above 1080P, perhaps Codemasters will be able to optimize it to allow the option in time but if you care about high resolutions then a console isn't so suitable anyway.

X is hitting 4k most of the time. Most devs can get their Pro versions very close to the X version. 

 

Still Dirt Rally was 1080p the same as this title and it looks way better and not blurry in the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Most devs can get their Pro versions very close to the X version. 

The PS4 Pro's hardware is laughable compared to the X, often relying on a bunch of tricks and algorithms to render at "near" high res then upscale.

Edited by nbates66
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbates66 said:

The PS4 Pro's hardware is laughable compared to the X, often relying on a bunch of tricks and algorithms to render at "near" high res then upscale.

You mean checkboard rendering? It works extremely well and should of been the route Codies took not this 1080 with zero AF making the game look identical to thd PS4 version.

1800p Checkerboard would of vastly improved the way it looks.... odd that you say its laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

X is hitting 4k most of the time. Most devs can get their Pro versions very close to the X version. 

 

Still Dirt Rally was 1080p the same as this title and it looks way better and not blurry in the slightest.

Mmm, not really. The gap between the X and Pro is considerable is titles that actually have effort put into them. And it should be, the X is considerably more powerful the Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Not capable of higher than 1080p for a game that has 1 car on very narrow corridor tracks? BEHAVE YOURSELF 

 

The game looks worse than Dirt Rally on the OG PS4 than Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PS4 Pro - How is that possible?!?!

Currently settled on forcing the PS4 Pro to 1080p in display settings to prevent 4k TV upscaling. The slight degradation and grain imho actually makes the visuals better for gameplay in eliminating some of the washed out look and gives some textures an edge. For me the issue is the lack of depth in the draw distance on the textures of the road ahead, they are quite crisp close to the car but a total blur where you need to be looking when moving at pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Simple_B_69 said:

Currently settled on forcing the PS4 Pro to 1080p in display settings to prevent 4k TV upscaling. The slight degradation and grain imho actually makes the visuals better for gameplay in eliminating some of the washed out look and gives some textures an edge. For me the issue is the lack of depth in the draw distance on the textures of the road ahead, they are quite crisp close to the car but a total blur where you need to be looking when moving at pace.

Yep thats because they have not applied any anisotropic filtering on the Pro version at all so all the roads in the game are basically a smudge/blur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)



Can someone explain how Codemasters got F2018 with 20 cars on track running at 4k on the PS4 Pro with AF applied so no blurry roads while Dirt Rally 2.0 with 1 car on track on very narrow tracks that are completely blurry making it very hard to see where you are going, Is the F1 team the talented Codemasters devs? Or are they the same team? Is Dirt using a poorer version of the Ego engine?? Dirt Rally 2 looks a generation behind F1 2018 on the PS4 Pro

Anyone have the answers?... 

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a shame that this topic changes into a console fanboy thing. 

I Wanted this game to run as good or even better than Dirt Rally 1.0. It doesn’t. I don’t want to Go technical and sure, the Xbox one X is a more powerfull system. But I am sure the PS4 Pro is capable. It is too blurry in its current state and there are much more demanding games on the market (open World games even) that look better. I am not a graphics-nut but I have a visual handicap. Most of the games look Sharp enough but Dirt Rally 2.0 is almost unplayable. Too blurry, too dark. I love the handling but the visual flaws makes is a gamebreaker for me. 1080p looks even a little bit sharper in this case.

please don’t make it a console war like in so many cases. It is childish and we should all deserve a good product.🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, FLAW3D said:



Can someone explain how Codemasters got F2018 with 20 cars on track running at 4k on the PS4 Pro with AF applied so no blurry roads while Dirt Rally 2.0 with 1 car on track on very narrow tracks that are completely blurry making it very hard to see where you are going, Is the F1 team the talented Codemasters devs? Or are they the same team? Is Dirt using a poorer version of the Ego engine?? Dirt Rally 2 looks a generation behind F1 2018 on the PS4 Pro

Anyone have the answers?... 

Yeah, it's pretty simple. One is a convoluted circle, inside a closed off arena, using the same graphical assets through however many laps you want to drive (1 lap uses the same assets as 50, the spectator seating is the same at any track). The other is a 10 mile unique road full of 1 time use graphic assets.

Both F1 and DiRT may use the Ego engine, but both are using completely different versions of it and have been for years. They may have started off with the same engine, but both teams have tweaked their versions so much that they are now incompatible (They tried to use the F1 engine for Rallycross in D:R and it didn't work as planned because of the differences in their respective versions of the Ego engines).

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Yeah, it's pretty simple. One is a convoluted circle, inside a closed off arena, using the same graphical assets through however many laps you want to drive (1 lap uses the same assets as 50, the spectator seating is the same at any track). The other is a 10 mile unique road full of 1 time use graphic assets.

Both F1 and DiRT may use the Ego engine, but both are using completely different versions of it and have been for years. They may have started off with the same engine, but both teams have tweaked their versions so much that they are now incompatible (They tried to use the F1 engine for Rallycross in D:R and it didn't work as planned because of the differences in their respective versions of the Ego engines).

A 10 mile road? Barely any of the tracks in DR 2.0 are 10 mile, Also the roads are very narror almost corridor shooter like and corridor shooter games are able to crank the graphics right up compared to other titles. I also dont believe they are not reusing assets throughout each location / every track... not a chance it's a 1 time graphic use. 

Codies need to get some of the guys on the F1 team helping out the Dirt guys. 

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No, they need to get you in the team instead so we can run the game at 8k 144fps on a PS3 because apparently you know exactly what to do. F1 is way below your level, don't understimate yourself.

Edited by Riggs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

No, they need to get you in the team instead so we can run the game at 8k 144fps on a PS3 because apparently you know exactly what to do. F1 is way below your level.

Top bantz bro you can go on to be the next Lee Evans but no matter what **** you come up with you cannot defend the PS4 Pro's graphics. DR 1 never looked this bad and that was running on a console with less than half the power of a Pro. Look how close in the first screen that girl is on the left and look how blurry she is. When Digital Foundry calls you out you know you messed up. 

 
2137985953_DiRTRally2_0_20190320112720.thumb.png.9b12f84d0ed070f67b392ffc46d4235b.png594086417_DiRTRally2_0_20190307204759.thumb.png.8fbc139c985cd13f66840a322ec4b1bf.png99201737_DiRTRally2_0_20190322010035.thumb.png.3dba4010981ac7cfc57828cf8929cdcf.png  1906614729_DiRTRally2_0_20190321234400.thumb.png.42c0ad6e75eb722cd8b1c28c88745c58.png1722519273_DiRTRally2_0_20190321234208.thumb.png.fc31afa662ec4188ff15572defe0c9ac.png850530443_DiRTRally2_0_20190321232623.thumb.png.db1f268de7344f323f68a40c7ba9a99a.png

943314488_DiRTRally2_0_20190321232558.thumb.png.3b0319d393f40ebb67abe1976ea43b97.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190322002431_1.png

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×