MOD friendly policy as in Dirt 4

Posted (edited)

Please Codemasters, at least bring back your mod-friendly policy as we've seen in case of Dirt 4!

I mean under car folders Dirt 4 was able to read new customs liveries...
For example if someone made a new custom livery for Subaru 555 then we just have to make a sub-folder called 555 and only needed to put modified .pssg files there and Dirt 4 used them instead of the content of 555.nefs Now it is not working, we have to build custom .nefs files which i
s not comatible with your multiplayer policy...
They Already Did.

Wanna be a Legend?

Give us (modders) a formula, to add customs liveries with the proper resolution, file format of the preview images and file structures.
Then your code should read the content of sub-folders under cars folder and integrate new liveries into your game database and let people to collect them and they should be able to select from in-game menu!

Even you should name them by a different logic liveryC_01, liveryC_02 etc. instead of livery_01,livery_02 to avoid conflicts and you should be able to NOT let them use online, easily.

Please Codemasters give us the chance to use thousands of pretty nice custom liveries by an easier way.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.02.25 - 00.06.17.86.png

Edited by mesa
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

872008898_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.13-21_29_56_53.thumb.png.469133e39f53943ea602557e91c678fb.pngI

Edited by mesa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry i forget to note that Paul was talked about  Dirt 4 modding, but as i know Cm working on the same solution for Dirt Rally 2.0 ...