F1 2019 and VR...lets speculate

If you had take your best guesstimate, what would you say the chances are of F1 2019 having VR support, especially after the uproar from the community of Dirt Rally 2 not *initially* having it? Do you suspect Codies will FINALLY listen and put VR in their F1 game(either for PC or PSVR)?

Yah I highly doubt it because firstly Xbox doesn’t have VR capabilities so I doubt they’d put forward as much resources that are required to implement VR on the PC/PS4 games...second if you look at GT Sport’s VR support it’s only Hotlaps and a heads up race against one (very slow) ai opponent so due to the PS4s lower capacity they’d probably have to create a special mode for VR that wouldn’t be all that fun really once the novelty wears off and they’ve got so many more important things to waste resources on I.e. Beta testing!!!! 

• Agree 1

No.

Maybe 2020 or beyond if the next gen consoles/stream boxes can handle it, If its just for PC not sure if its worth it to them yet.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:35 AM, isamu99 said:

If you had take your best guesstimate, what would you say the chances are of F1 2019 having VR support, especially after the uproar from the community of Dirt Rally 2 not *initially* having it? Do you suspect Codies will FINALLY listen and put VR in their F1 game(either for PC or PSVR)?

It wont happen unfortunely they can't even get the game working properly as well as patches that fix one thing yet break another. Personally I'd wait for dirt 2.0 VR in the summer that might give an insight into what VR might be like in future F1 games

• Agree 1

I'm new here. Name is Dan ppl call me Soda. HI. 

As far as HE coming to F1 2019?????? I really don't think so. As much as I wish it would because racing games and VR go together perfectly. I was so looking forward to VR to come to dirt rally 2.0 but I do t think it's coming there either. I personally am wanting to ditch the PlayStation and get a PC but the cost is above what I can afford so lime you all I am at the mercy of the makers of my favorite racing games. If I'm wrong I will gladly eat my words but I don't think we are going to get it when we are still buying the games without it. (2 much work to give it to us???) Or the ps4 can t handle the load for racing yet maybe ps5? I don't know the reason so Its just speculation here but I know us sim racers have been left out in the cold because GTS is not a sim. Dirt 4 was cool but again not what I was looking for. And don't get me started in drive club. WE WANT PSVR ON GOOD REAL FEELING RACING GAMES IF YOU ARE READING THIS!!!! 

• Agree 1

Hopefully not, as long as there are no VR sets capable of handling me using reading glasses.

Posted (edited)

If they think they can not deliver the entire game to VR, they can at least do some VR mode. After so many years, we deserve it at least.

Edited by IvanoZ023

We need VR or triple screen really badly this year but iam afraid because they are still need to focus on that boring consoles :classic_sad:

Definitely for the PS5. There should be enough grunt there to at least have a full grid! As for PS4, maybe for TT but not worth the effort just for that (they may be thinking).

Hopefully they do add VR to at least one of these games.  Even though I returned the Oculus I had, I'd probably be tempted to buy another to give it a go in probably my favorite racing series game.  Would love to actually sit in the f1 car for a full real season.  I probably would have kept the Oculus if this was something I was able to already properly experience.  

It doesn't ultimately influence whether or not I'll buy the game though, but if it came as an additional add on feature to pay extra for I may be willing to do that after becoming motivated to buy another vr headset as that'd be pretty exciting.

Posted (edited)

I say yes because,

they have been working on f1 2019 features for almost 2 years, can't possibly be only on multiplayer code and bugs.

they will have plenty of new features and for sure VR support for pc and ps4.

Edited by Cap10
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I really really hope that F1 2019 will support VR, in todays market, a racing game coming out on PC with VR support is such a must, racing games and VR are a perfect match. 
I have not bought a F1 game since 2016 since moving into the PC sim world + VR, been patiently waiting for it to come to the F1 series, after hearing that they have been working on F1 2019 for the last 2 years, I really hope they have thought about implementing it, as I'm such a Formula 1 fan, yet can't join in. 😞

Edited by Echo370

Well it’s coming out in June and I’m sure I saw VR coming to Dirt 2.0 early summer so maybe just maybe it is due to the work they are doing on F1 now 

I hope so... but I have been waiting a racing game for PSVR forever. So I think it will never happen.

I have a feeling that with the disappointment that Gts and VR gave us has put a bruise on the concept. Yes GTS was a huge failure to the sim community but please don't let their short comings be the reason for you not to try to improve upon and perfect the experience for us loyal fans. Do you want us to beg? I will. Trust me and I have a feeling there will be a few others as well. Where would the world be if a failure meant the end of an idea? we wouldn't have light bulbs, cars, ect ect. So,

I BEGGING YOU FOR PSVR AND F1 IN EITHER A PATCH FOR 2018, F1 2019, OR FOR PSVR IN Dirt 2.0!!!!!!

Thank you

I have a feeling that they will wait for the next generation of console before implementing vr, however due to the uproar caused on the release of DR2, anything can happen.

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a couple of posts as there were forum rules broken. Please stay civil. Thanks,

Posted (edited)

I canceled my order.. No VR is no deal for me. Especially with simulation games. I've played GRID hundreds of hours in VR and suddenly code masters turned their back to VR. No clue why. 

Edited by ClassicGamerNL

2 hours ago, ClassicGamerNL said:

I canceled my order.. No VR is no deal for me. Especially with simulation games. I've played GRID hundreds of hours in VR and suddenly code masters turned their back to VR. No clue why. 

F1 2019 is not a simulator, its a simcade duh

On 4/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sodacandan said:

I have a feeling that with the disappointment that Gts and VR gave us has put a bruise on the concept. Yes GTS was a huge failure to the sim community but please don't let their short comings be the reason for you not to try to improve upon and perfect the experience for us loyal fans. Do you want us to beg? I will. Trust me and I have a feeling there will be a few others as well. Where would the world be if a failure meant the end of an idea? we wouldn't have light bulbs, cars, ect ect. So,

I BEGGING YOU FOR PSVR AND F1 IN EITHER A PATCH FOR 2018, F1 2019, OR FOR PSVR IN Dirt 2.0!!!!!!

Thank you

PSVR cant  handle a grid of cars on track with you. Thats the consoles fault not the short comings of the game makers making games for it.