DR 2.0 should have been delayed until June release

7 hours ago, Pfei said:

Could I bother you about how you got that streamlined forum look? I am looking for a way to speed up loading times. These new forums are so painfully slow... 

Of course, I'm using the Alt theme. If you click on your name at the top right, there is an option for an Alt Theme. Is this what you meant?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Of course, I'm using the Alt theme. If you click on your name at the top right, there is an option for an Alt Theme. Is this what you meant?

My bad. It's the same as mine. I was confused by your shot being desktop. Thanks anyways!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

it’s way too dark in situations that should not be so dark (under tree cover in New Zealand, Poland, or Rallycross in the day w/overcast and rainy conditions = pitch black and to boot these cars don’t have headlights to assist with the issue),

In DR2 is more light, than in real life rally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, virgism said:

In DR2 is more light, than in real life rally.

Well, that is just insane and doesn’t seem normal. I searched night driving in Rally on YouTube, and this is one of the first things that popped up - a lot of illumination here!

https://youtu.be/2mDDq97tmzk

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

Well, that is just insane and doesn’t seem normal. I searched night driving in Rally on YouTube, and this is one of the first things that popped up - a lot of illumination here!

https://youtu.be/2mDDq97tmzk

It's a snow stage, snow reflects light, when black color - absorb.

• Agree 2

I think the pitch black thingy is a great realistic feature, there are romours about Ogier driving blindfolded is some short stages guided by Ingrasia and the Dirt Rally like force feedback. Only in this game you can enjoy things like that, I really appreciate those little things. 

my question is this? when will a sim come out to be like Richard Burns Rally? all the real pilots, codriver, (italian) friends that I know run and have fun only on RBR world. in 2019 those who love the simulation "are forced" to drive on a 2004 game. until they only think about collecting money and making profits, a new Rally sim will never be born. 

it's hard to be content, maybe in 20 years the simulator that I dream will be born.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

my question is this? when will a sim come out to be like Richard Burns Rally? all the real pilots, codriver, (italian) friends that I know run and have fun only on RBR world. in 2019 those who love the simulation "are forced" to drive on a 2004 game. until they only think about collecting money and making profits, a new Rally sim will never be born. 

it's hard to be content, maybe in 20 years the simulator that I dream will be born.

I agree 100%. Its an easy task if they really wanted to do it. I would love Dirt Rally 1 with mod support, and new countries and tracks as DLC. I would even pay a monthly subscription for that. That would be supporting us and making us love the game and company. 

I honestly don't know why there are not more open source racing games. I know it's a hell of a lot of work, but so it's Blender, and if you just mention it people laughs at you like... Sure why do you not want to go to the moon too. 

And just rally, please, no WRX. 

Edited by CodingRacer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

I would love Dirt Rally 1 with mod support, and new countries and tracks as DLC. I would even pay a monthly subscription for that. That would be supporting us and making us love the game and company. 

+1

DR1 with add ons would have been totally fine by me. The expansion packs could make use of next Gen graphics etc, but the core mechanics and game play would remain in tact. I don’t mind WRX, but living without it would be fine if it made room for more Rally stages and locales.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buckwilder said:

+1

DR1 with add ons would have been totally fine by me. The expansion packs could make use of next Gen graphics etc, but the core mechanics and game play would remain in tact. I don’t mind WRX, but living without it would be fine if it made room for more Rally stages and locales.

I think most people want endless content with the same base game. Physics can improve slowly, same with graphics. It's anying with that with every iteration of the game we are almost at the same point. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ale81udine said:

You'd be better off asking that question over on the WRC forums as they are the ones who own the rights to all the real pilots, co drivers, cars, and stages used in the WRC, not Codemasters.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Faresti meglio a fare quella domanda sui forum del WRC perché sono loro che detengono i diritti di tutti i veri piloti, co-piloti, auto e palchi usati nel WRC, non Codemasters.

to create a rally simulator you do not need wrc licenses, above all if you talk about physics and rallies first of all. there are European championships, national ect to be taken into consideration. 

Ah right I see. You mean a proper championship series, based on a real world championship series.

When will all these problems be solved? Between July and August or maybe even before, because I, as many, I see both the car and the track blurred, I hope it's as you say:classic_wink:

• Agree 1

I've kind of got used to Rainy Hovercraft Racing 2019 now but it would be nice to have some idea as to when the patch might be coming. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I don't understand why CM give us this? They used many testers so how is it for exampke possible FFB doesn't work? They had racenet issues in dr1 from scratch so why not solve that before launch?

If the game gets bad reviews a lot of them are based on things CM should have prevented anyway.

But what I've seen over the years, this seems typical codemasters, and just when a lot of problems are solved cm stops with bugfixing and updates and leaves a game that had so much potention. Hope it goes different this time (but I won't put money on it). There is a great game hidden somewhere in 2.0...

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

I don't understand why CM give us this? They used many testers so how is it for exampke possible FFB doesn't work? They had racenet issues in dr1 from scratch so why not solve that before launch?

If the game gets bad reviews a lot of them are based on things CM should have prevented anyway.

But what I've seen over the years, this seems typical codemasters, and just when a lot of problems are solved cm stops with bugfixing and updates and leaves a game that had so much potention. Hope it goes different this time (but I won't put money on it). There is a great game hidden somewhere in 2.0...

I've stopped playing it and tbh gutted that i bought it day one when i most likely could of picked it up for half the price in a few months, Hopefully they can get fixes sooner rather than later but with how quiet they are we dont even know if they are working on any fixes. They could well of moved onto the next Codemasters game. 

• Agree 1

i hope they solve everything before the dlc, that is, i hope it will also be difficult:classic_wacko:

Posted (edited)
1 ora fa, Janneman60 disse:

Non capisco perché CM ci dia questo? Hanno usato molti tester quindi come è possibile che FFB non funzioni? Avevano problemi di racenet in dr1 da zero quindi perchè non risolverlo prima del lancio?

Se il gioco diventa recensioni negativo, molte di esse si basano su cose che CM deve dovuto comunque prevenire.

Ma quello che ho visto nel corso degli anni, sembra tipico codemaster, e proprio quando sono risolti un sacco di problemi, cm si ferma con bugfixing e aggiornamenti. Spero che diventi diverso questa volta (ma non ci metto soldi). C'è un grande gioco nascosto da qualche parte nel 2.0 ...

non puro capisco. 90 euro (versione deluxe) per un simcade uscito acerbo, problemi di FFB, problemi di racenet, pacenotes italiane orribili, la pioggia è inguardabile e altri problemi. sembra più una versione beta, mi chiedo come sia stato prima prima del rilascio, ad ogni modo spero risolvino presto  😕

Edited by ale81udine

On 3/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, magpieracer48 said:

This post is all the truth. I'm right with you in enjoying the game massively. I almost feel sorry for the people who feel compelled to make this bull**** threads to make themselves feel big and mighty. Almost.

Console and gamepad by any chance??.

6 minutes ago, DelDredd said:

It's got to be PC and gamepad surely? Have you seen the consoles versions 🤬

9 hours ago, DelDredd said:

Console and wheel. Not that it would make any difference to my enjoyment of the game or change the attitude of other people. I may as well be playing it with a keyboard on a CRT TV for all the difference it makes. 

On 3/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, Jake Cushing said:

I'd add that us console players desperately need a FOV slider, as the FOV is locked to the same as Dirt 4 - a lot higher than the original Dirt Rally.

I do think the issues above will be rectified. As it's a season-based game release with major content coming out over the next few months. Remember that Dirt Rally was an early access release... so think of this as the same, just not called that 😉

This....how the hell is there not a FOV slider in this game on console?