DR 2.0 should have been delayed until June release

Posted (edited)

Will Codies fix blurry graphics, XB1? i hope they address this aswell as other issues. By the looks of it going of Reddit DR 2.0 is really that bad. Getting worse by the looks of things. 

This game should have been delayed for at least until June?

Edited by watzcoc
  • Disagree 1

The full game will be released in July/August. Codemasters still to confirm it though. 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Was starting to think I must be wrong to be enjoying the game from the number of threads telling me the opposite, until I realise they’re all started by the same poster.

I’m hoping the game will be better by June with the updates that it will get in that time (especially more options around weather effects and more realistic weather patterns in career mode as well as the hardcore damage option) but I’m happy to be able to play it now and hopefully Codies are getting more data they can use to prioritise items for future patches too.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 4

I tend to think that when Reddit reviews are bad, a game will be really really good.

The digital cesspit that place seems to become is almost inevitable with new game releases. Am I the only one finding Dirt Rally 2.0 massively enjoyable? I must be, because some people on Reddit say so.

Like @RodgerDavies says, the weather model needs to be made less 'computer gamey' and more akin to real life, and a couple of other tiny things need ironing out, but I see no four horsemen of the apocalypse riding in. The game's great. Just needs a bit of an iron.

• Agree 7

3 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

The full game will be released in July/August. Codemasters still to confirm it though. 

Do we have to pay more for that, or is it included with our Deluxe pre-order @CodingRacer

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Do we have to pay more for that, or is it included with our Deluxe pre-order @CodingRacer

Unfortunately the Deluxe version is not the complete game. You will have to wait for news on VR price. After that the game will be released as a finished game but they might brand it as "Game of the year edition" or something like that. 

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Can you tell us the future DLC plans please @CodingRacer? Cheers.

Season 3 will be the 2019 WRC season. Right @CodingRacer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I tend to think that when Reddit reviews are bad, a game will be really really good.

The digital cesspit that place seems to become is almost inevitable with new game releases. Am I the only one finding Dirt Rally 2.0 massively enjoyable? I must be, because some people on Reddit say so.

Like @RodgerDavies says, the weather model needs to be made less 'computer gamey' and more akin to real life, and a couple of other tiny things need ironing out, but I see no four horsemen of the apocalypse riding in. The game's great. Just needs a bit of an iron.

This post is all the truth. I'm right with you in enjoying the game massively. I almost feel sorry for the people who feel compelled to make this bull**** threads to make themselves feel big and mighty. Almost.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

Can you tell us the future DLC plans please @CodingRacer? Cheers.

Of course, you know I'm always open to answer any question about the future of virtual rally. Plans are: release the Preview edition in February, then DLC Season 1, then DLC Season 2 and then release the Full edition by August (this is Preview + DLC + VR). The Deluxe version includes Preview and DLC. 

After that Brum Brum (tm) and getting ready for Dirt 5 and Rally 3.0. In the meanwhile WRC8 finally released, which I hope it's great with all the extra testing during 2018 and 2019.

You are going to enjoy Dirt 5 guys, with improved tarmac physics and finally 90% of the WRX tracks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

This post is all the truth. I'm right with you in enjoying the game massively. I almost feel sorry for the people who feel compelled to make this bull**** threads to make themselves feel big and mighty. Almost.

Big and mighty, not at all just miffed off as the game came out so buggy, gettin tired of devs in general releasing games unfinished state. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Of course, you know I'm always open to answer any question about the future of virtual rally. Plans are: release the Preview edition in February, then DLC Season 1, then DLC Season 2 and then release the Full edition by August (this is Preview + DLC + VR). The Deluxe version includes Preview and DLC. 

After that Brum Brum (tm) and getting ready for Dirt 5 and Rally 3.0. In the meanwhile WRC8 finally released, which I hope it's great with all the extra testing during 2018 and 2019.

You are going to enjoy Dirt 5 guys, with improved tarmac physics and finally 90% of the WRX tracks. 

I want a special edition of DiRT 5 which includes some of what you're smoking. 

• Haha 3

I don´t get the rage against Dirt Rally 2.0.

Graphics are crisp, clear and smooth on my modest system (i7 3770K 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX960 OC 4GB).

All stages are beautifully done, though snow and ice stages are missing.

Physics are way better than any Dirt title or Dirt Rally 1 (Paper cars with no weight). Only tarmac is a tad less realistic, compared to RF2, Assetto Corsa, PC2 etc, if we can compare Rally cars with sports / GT cars.

Sounds are way better.

With my setup, FFB (Thrustmaster T50) is adequet, though not giving the right amount of feedback to compensate for the "feel in the pants", but probably ok if they try to simulate real feedback trough the wheel.

• Like 3

1. Buys game on asthmatic console

2. Plays game on TV which are designed for movies and not games

= complains graphics are blurry. Ah, yeah, no **** they'll be blurry on that setup.

• Disagree 1

I tried to enjoy the game today and got the black screen of death twice in both my daily and weekly so those events were a waste of time and money. Will need more than a million if this happens every single event. Game breaking bug that if not fixed by Friday I may get a refund.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Will Codies fix blurry graphics, XB1? i hope they address this aswell as other issues. By the looks of it going of Reddit DR 2.0 is really that bad. Getting worse by the looks of things. 

This game should have been delayed for at least until June?

If you think its blurry on the X you should see what us Pro users are having to put up with. You guys have it crystal clear compared to us looks like one of the devs came round to my gaf and smeared a full tub of vaseline all over my screen. 

Im getting headaches playing as im constantly squinting my eyes trying to focus to see where to go. 

Edited by FLAW3D

4 hours ago, andmcq said:

1. Buys game on asthmatic console

2. Plays game on TV which are designed for movies and not games

= complains graphics are blurry. Ah, yeah, no **** they'll be blurry on that setup.

No wonder PC gamers get such a bad rep. My LG Oled will blow your little monitor out of the water for picture quality.

Also you do realise there are tens of thousands of games on consoles that are not blurry? Dirt Rally 1 being one of them ffs. Something has gone drastically wrong in the making of DR2

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Dude, get a grip.

Capture.JPG

Could I bother you about how you got that streamlined forum look? I am looking for a way to speed up loading times. These new forums are so painfully slow... 

Posted (edited)

To those who think the game is great as is and needs no major tweaks, awesome. I am sincerely happy for you. No sarcasm. That said - for the 99% that comprise the ‘rest of us’ - the game is not finished and the issues are REAL. The HDR implementation is not very good, the weather system is whacked, it’s way too dark in situations that should not be so dark (under tree cover in New Zealand, Poland, or Rallycross in the day w/overcast and rainy conditions = pitch black and to boot these cars don’t have headlights to assist with the issue), the FFB is totally wrong, the tarmac physics are *****, the sensation of speed is weird in some cars/views/environments, there is no dash camera, night driving is ******** as you can’t see but 20 virtual feet ahead (especially difficult with all the elevation change in this game), etc. etc.

All that said, the game has a good skeleton on which to build. Assuming they fix the above, it can be great. Suffice to say a lot of us anxiously await a patch to adress some of these issues to get us (re)inspired...

As it stands I am back to DR1 - becuase the current state of affairs with DR2 (for console users especially), is downright unbearable. 

Final note, as FLAW3D noted above, the monitor is not the issue, lots of us have amazing set ups and equipment and have no issues with any other driving games on consoles. So to that end - does DR2 dispell this reality or the other way around? (Rhetorical question).

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

To those who think the game is great as is and needs no major tweaks, awesome. I am sincerely happy for you. No sarcasm. That said - for the 99% that comprise the ‘rest of us’ - the game is not finished and the issues are REAL. The HDR implementation is not very good, the weather system is whacked, it’s way too dark in situations that should not be so dark (under tree cover in New Zealand, Poland, or Rallycross in the day w/overcast and rainy conditions = pitch black and to boot these cars don’t have headlights to assist with the issue), the FFB is totally wrong, the tarmac physics are *****, the sensation of speed is weird in some cars/views/environments, there is no dash camera, night driving is ******** as you can’t see but 20 virtual feet ahead (especially difficult with all the elevation change in this game), etc. etc.

All that said, the game has a good skeleton on which to build. Assuming they fix the above, it can be great. Suffice to say a lot of us anxiously await a patch to adress some of these issues to get us (re)inspired...

As it stands I am back to DR1 - becuase the current state of affairs with DR2 (for console users especially), is downright unbearable. 

Final note, as FLAW3D noted above, the monitor is not the issue, lots of us have amazing set ups and equipment and have no issues with any other driving games on consoles. So to that end - does DR2 dispell this reality or the other way around? (Rhetorical question).

Don't worry, Codemasters will fix all or many of these problems. The fix will be called Dirt Rally 3.0. Just be careful of a game called Dirt 5.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Buckwilder said:

To those who think the game is great as is and needs no major tweaks, awesome. I am sincerely happy for you. No sarcasm. That said - for the 99% that comprise the ‘rest of us’ - the game is not finished and the issues are REAL. The HDR implementation is not very good, the weather system is whacked, it’s way too dark in situations that should not be so dark (under tree cover in New Zealand, Poland, or Rallycross in the day w/overcast and rainy conditions = pitch black and to boot these cars don’t have headlights to assist with the issue), the FFB is totally wrong, the tarmac physics are *****, the sensation of speed is weird in some cars/views/environments, there is no dash camera, night driving is ******** as you can’t see but 20 virtual feet ahead (especially difficult with all the elevation change in this game), etc.

I'd add that us console players desperately need a FOV slider, as the FOV is locked to the same as Dirt 4 - a lot higher than the original Dirt Rally.

I do think the issues above will be rectified. As it's a season-based game release with major content coming out over the next few months. Remember that Dirt Rally was an early access release... so think of this as the same, just not called that 😉

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1