Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can we PLEASE have this back? Was my ‘go-to’ cam for DR1. FOV was much improved over standard cockpit view. Every other camera view has returned, this one is curiously absent...I’m sure many would agree it was one of the best.

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  Some cars have very good cockpit setting options (Fulvia, Cadette) but it’s woefully inadequate in others. The Alpine either needs a dash cam or let us scoot up closer to the dash.  

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play on a console, XB1X. No modding...need to rely on Codies to release a patch with the dash cam available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pigloaf said:

I assume it requires modification of .nefs @mmdd?

Yep. It's pretty straight forward. Right now it invalidates leaderboard times but I expect that to change. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mmdd said:

I just released EECMT v1.0.1 with Compatibility for Dirt Rally 2.0!

Change/move all your cameras, allow seat positioning for dashcam and more!

https://github.com/zissakos/EECMT/releases

Quick Tutorial how it works:

 

Very nice!

 

Is there a way to stop the cycling of the cameras when you watch a replay with the 'car' preset? There are some very nice cams there that I would love to watch the whole stage from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I'm on ps4, I can't change FOV, which in DR1 I could live with, because the dashcam had a narrower FOV and a way better camera position than the one we have now in DR2.0. I tried to deal with it, but I just can't judge the width of the car at all, chicanes are the most obvious example of how bad the FOV is(even when slowing down to a near stop I'm still hitting the haybales sometimes). I won't go into detail about how bad the FOV is for judging distances (especially in the dark), I'll just say that it varies from annoying to horrendous. I'd still prefer an option that only allows us to narrow the default FOV. I love DR2.0 even with bugged FFB(not using default settings), but the FOV to me is close to unbareable whenever I need to judge the width of the car/distance. Please fix this, I'll be more than happy if we just get the DR1 dashcam back.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@doeternitoeV10 There's a thread on us asking for a FOV slider for the console versions:

 

As you can see in there, Mike Robson has said he will look into it. So hopefully we may get this in an update. I can't play the game at the moment due to the high default FOV which makes the road artificially narrow and no longer makes me feel 'in the car', the way the original game did.

The thing to stress is that most of us just want to be able to *lower* the FOV, which should not cause any frame-rate issue for the consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

@doeternitoeV10 There's a thread on us asking for a FOV slider for the console versions:

 

As you can see in there, Mike Robson has said he will look into it. So hopefully we may get this in an update. I can't play the game at the moment due to the high default FOV which makes the road artificially narrow and no longer makes me feel 'in the car', the way the original game did.

The thing to stress is that most of us just want to be able to *lower* the FOV, which should not cause any frame-rate issue for the consoles.

I'm pretty certain the FoV value is the exact same as in previous games, it's just that the dash cam is moved back to see the instruments this time(bad choice imo as I loved the old dashcam).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bogani said:

I'm pretty certain the FoV value is the exact same as in previous games, it's just that the dash cam is moved back to see the instruments this time(bad choice imo as I loved the old dashcam).

Mike Robson confirmed the FOV is the same as Dirt 4. On the consoles, Dirt 4's FOV is plainly higher than Dirt Rally 1. Yes the dashcam is moved back, but the FOV is also an issue - that could be (hopefully) easily solved for us console players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Mike Robson confirmed the FOV is the same as Dirt 4. On the consoles, Dirt 4's FOV is plainly higher than Dirt Rally 1. Yes the dashcam is moved back, but the FOV is also an issue - that could be (hopefully) easily solved for us console players.

I'm fairly certain I asked specifically if the default FoV was the same in DR and D4 and the answer was "Yes", so if he says the default FoV is the same as in D4 it should be the same as DR? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@bogani

Can you point to where this was said? And mind we're talking about the console FOV which may differ to the default PC FOV (though I doubt that). I have simply no doubt the console versions' FOV is higher in Dirt 4 (and DR2.0) compared to DR.

Edited by Jake Cushing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

@bogani

Can you point to where this was said? And mind we're talking about the console FOV which may differ to the default PC FOV (though I doubt that). I have simply no doubt the console versions' FOV is higher in Dirt 4 (and DR2.0) compared to DR.

That was after the D4 release so it'll be a hassle to try to find that particular post, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 For the DR1 style dashcam please, the DR2 version is too far back for my setup.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

I do not understand why it has been removed.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I sincerely hope they bring it back. Was playing DR1 last night using the dash cam as I always do...and I’m not sure if it’s psychosomatic at this point - but I am able to drive so much better using this cam. It is a huge benefit as far as FOV is concerned as it relates to the road area immediately in front of the car. It may remove some realism, because IRL depending on the car you sit quite low, but regardless - for gaming purposes I absolutely love it. Oddly, I can’t stand the hood or ‘bonnet’ cam, as that feels completely unrealistic to me and adversely affects my reaction to rotating the car on corners and poweslides etc.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×