Achievement "Fire Up That Car... Again"

Question

So, the german translation says basically "drive a daily community event in a Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 and reach the highest tier".

So I did that and the achievement didn't popped.

Now I saw the english description and that could mean, it must be a specific Audi Sport quattro S1 E2-Event to count.

But there were only class based dailys and weeklys so far!?

Is it intended to wait a few days/weeks to get more specific with the challenges or is it a mistake?

• Like 1

Not sure of your age @TheApexBadger but if your an old school gamer like myself, do you remember the days when patches used to fix problems and not create others? Or further back when games were actually released finished and polished, and no patches were necessary, the consumer these days just gets screwed, the business practices of some development companies out there are outright criminal offences, I just hope Codemasters turn this around, they’ve already lost £70 on Dirt Rally 3, il be waiting a few months to make sure what I buy is finished from now on lol

4 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

Not sure of your age @TheApexBadger but if your an old school gamer like myself, do you remember the days when patches used to fix problems and not create others? Or further back when games were actually released finished and polished, and no patches were necessary, the consumer these days just gets screwed, the business practices of some development companies out there are outright criminal offences, I just hope Codemasters turn this around, they’ve already lost £70 on Dirt Rally 3, il be waiting a few months to make sure what I buy is finished from now on lol

I'm definitely an old-school gamer and I agree (and have expressed your sentiment numerous times, including the criminal or negligent behavior companies can have towards their products).

I remember when patches and updates were more tested and thorough, however, that's for sure. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of changes/improvements/additions/content in these patches (I'd actually say a lot of devs are releasing HUGE patches/updates with tons of content more than ever). The main thing is the testing of these updates; in many cases the games themselves seem to never have been beta-tested at all xD

I really enjoy Dirt Rally 2, so I'm hoping these issues will be hashed out and they will embrace all members of the community (including trophy/achievement hunters) by retroactively unlocking the Audi Quattro trophy or specifying if this is an event that has yet to happen. I also hope the strange physics with some of the cars (looking at you RWD) is addressed, as well as the issue with the inability to reset the careers back to Open and the problems with the persistent online connection, to name a few more.

Hopefully, Codemasters is working on the fixes. I've sent several e-mails to custservice@codemasters.com, but I can't seem to get any replies. I'm hoping it's due to them already working on those problems, although a response would be appreciated ;D

• Agree 1

Either this is still a bug or the event in question is more rare than a unicorn 🙂

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Next update should fix this :classic_happy:

Is the trophy going to be awarded and pop for those who have gotten top tier or will we all have to fire that car up again.... again? 😉

It would be very simple for those who've gotten into top tier to have this checked off, so to speak, in the next patch. However, this was not the case with the UPGRADED achievement/trophy, soooo I'm guessing we'll have to white knuckle it through yet another Groub B 4WD Event.

Sorry if I'm coming across bitter/sarcastic... I love DiRT and I love rallying in this game. I just have been having pains in my hands from all the injuries/combat sports over the years and my video game reflexes are not what they once were which means I literally have to try much harder to get into Tier 1 and may have some pain afterwards because of how tense my hands get (this is my problem, I realize this heh).

I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to unlocking trophies (like most completionists/trophy hunters) and especially so when it comes to online achievements like this one. Basically, I want it out of the way so I can make rally videos from the replays and play for fun without having that nagging itch that's yet to be scratched, if one catches my drift 😄

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, TheApexBadger said:

Is the trophy going to be awarded and pop for those who have gotten top tier or will we all have to fire that car up again.... again? 😉

It would be very simple for those who've gotten into top tier to have this checked off, so to speak, in the next patch. However, this was not the case with the UPGRADED achievement/trophy, soooo I'm guessing we'll have to white knuckle it through yet another Groub B 4WD Event.

Sorry if I'm coming across bitter/sarcastic... I love DiRT and I love rallying in this game. I just have been having pains in my hands from all the injuries/combat sports over the years and my video game reflexes are not what they once were which means I literally have to try much harder to get into Tier 1 and may have some pain afterwards because of how tense my hands get (this is my problem, I realize this heh).

I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to unlocking trophies (like most completionists/trophy hunters) and especially so when it comes to online achievements like this one. Basically, I want it out of the way so I can make rally videos from the replays and play for fun without having that nagging itch that's yet to be scratched, if one catches my drift 😄

I did ask the devs to have it pop retroactively, I can relate completely, though it’s less of a chore for me to reach top tier, it would still be good for it to pop for everyone who has struggled to get top but managed it at some point, we can only wait and see, new DLC trophies added too so let’s hope they all work and are fun to achieve, DR2 plat was a bit too easy imo, then again, kind of thankful there’s no win at Masters seeing as the AI is broken from Elite onward  

Does version 1.06 fix this trophy on PS4? I click on the update history and as usual it directs me to the forums and as usual the patch notes are nowhere to be found so nice job on communicating what the patch actually does by the way

4 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Does version 1.06 fix this trophy on PS4? I click on the update history and as usual it directs me to the forums and as usual the patch notes are nowhere to be found so nice job on communicating what the patch actually does by the way

Yes my platinum has popped... finally lol

8 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Posted 10 hours ago.

10 hours ago, jennyannem said:

Hi!

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.3 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST!

Here's what patch 1.3 contains:

-          Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved

-          New achievements/trophies added for Season One: ‘On Thin Ice’ (Complete a clean stage in Monte Carlo), ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (Drive 66km at Monte Carlo in the DS 21), ‘To all those who doubted...’ (Get a podium in the Citroën C4 Rally), ‘Kickin’ 80s Vibe’ (Complete your first Event in the BMW M1 Procar Rally)

-          The achievement/trophy “Fire Up That Car... Again” has had its unlock criteria modified

-          Prevention for audio cut-out improved

-          Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery

-          New engine audio for BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5

-          Fixed non-English translations of in-game text

-          Retiring no longer counts as completing the stage or event, and will no longer cause trophies to pop

-          Returning to the service area in Rallycross Community Events or AI Challenges will take players to service area and not leave the event

-          Spectating in bumper cam will now show other drivers in custom online events

-          Improvements to co-driver calls in specific call outs, across multiple locations

-          Leaderboards are now available after non-Time Trial races

-          Improvements to visual quality on some cars

-          Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented

-          Stability improvements throughout title

Noticed anything slip through the cracks? Let us know right here. 

Thanks!

Jenny

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36317-dirt-rally-20-v13-found-a-bug-post-it-here/

On 4/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, Warlord99956 said:

Yes, fixed on PS4.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:31 PM, TheApexBadger said:

You will have to top tier in a daily event with the Quattro after downloading the patch.

Finally it unlocked, can confirm it works on Xbox too. I had done the Group B challenge on monday and wiated to cash in my reward until the patch was installed - chievo unlocked.

Thanks alot Codies. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, CMMcBabe said:

Yes, fixed on PS4.

You will have to top tier in a daily event with the Quattro after downloading the patch.

I forgot to edit this post: Codemasters stepped up and fixed all of the issues and provided us with an easy Community Delta for the Audi Quattro Tier 1 one win, as well as numerous Groub B 4WD events (in general). I crashed on a lot of these, but still I impatiently posted about Codemasters' ignoring of a segment of the community when they did not.

It is much appreciated, apologies for the frustration, Rallying is serious business. Thank you guys for your hard work and all the additional updates/content!

Edited by TheApexBadger
Negative post turned positive