Dirt Rally 2.0 - complete start over

I want to start over from scratch, but no matter what I do it loads my credits, garage, and stats.

I've went to profile and reset all

I've deleted 690790 folder from steam>userdata

I've ensured cloud sync is turned off

It seems like this info is stored on racenet, but I can't figure out how to delete that info.

Is there any way to completely start over?

It's Racenet protecting Racenet from cheaters. It's an AI technology developed by Codemasters to keep the users happy with fair leader boards. Imagine what people could do if they were allowed to restart their progress! They could look like they have always been that good! That way you can also track your progress. 

You can create a new steam account and put it in the family profile. Just be aware DLC doesnt get counted in family profiles on steam from memory? So if you bought the DLC maybe continue to push codies for a solution.

I wish they didnt make that stuff reliant on racenet. Dirt Rally had the right execution of it imho.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LittleApple said:

You can create a new steam account and put it in the family profile.

Is this for real? I guess we could buy a few copies of the game just in case. That's the future of gaming. 

#NewProfileNewKeyYesBuy

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, CodingRacer said:

Is this for real? I guess we could buy a few copies of the game just in case. That's the future of gaming.  

Yea, you can get 10 free resets to your career mode with this. + allot more if your patient

Could also use it to stack up multiple retries to daily events.

Edited by LittleApple
Added slight clarification.

Doesn't make sense to me how to protects against cheaters. I can restart the career but the garage has new cars with upgrades, and credits to do any repair needed. It's like starting Far Cry again from the beginning but you're forced to start with all the guns.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SS454 said:

Doesn't make sense to me how to protects against cheaters. I can restart the career but the garage has new cars with upgrades, and credits to do any repair needed. It's like starting Far Cry again from the beginning but you're forced to start with all the guns.

It seems like the technology is too advance, only Codemasters have the clue to understand it so far. But I trust them, the said its awesome. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

@SS454

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question - it’s a perfectly reasonable one and hopefully a dev can chime in with how to do it if it’s possible.

Ignore CodingRacer, he’s just a troll.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

It seems like the technology is too advance, only Codemasters have the clue to understand it so far. But I trust them, the said its awesome. 

It seems your intellect is far too high for us plebs. You are wasting your time sir.

12 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ignore CodingRacer, he’s just a troll.

He/she either knows a lot, or knows nothing. 

I think it's actually Ross (Gowling) in disguise and using the forum to troll us. 

• Haha 3

you say start a new steam account. I don't have a steam account that i know of and i am having the same issue. I want to completely restart the game. I paid $90 for the game and content and where it is in the game i can not even play it. Its like i just threw my money away and who do you talk to about this? Does anyone know? I have never had a problem with any codemaster game i think they are all great until this. Its my game i bought it and they control what i can and cant do with it. Not good. I cant even play. Codemasters please fix this I don't care about online anyway. i just want to play my career the way i want to. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 3

I'd love to have just a bog-standard, simple off-line career mode with a few AI difficulty levels. It could go alongside the Racenet career mode, but it wouldn't count for anything on-line, and any races from it wouldn't be able to be compared online. It would be just on your device alone. You know, like we had for every freaking racing game ever before. 🤨

• Agree 2

Seems like many developers have forgetten that people do care about casual experiences without feeling the need to be both forced into competitive play.

But i guess they see the success of games like league of legends and think must be do e-sports and force a competitive experience... Ignoring ofcourse that theres allot of games that have died instantly by focusing entirely on PVP for an e-sports market.

Cant wait for Dirt Rally 3.0 Battle Royale legends edition.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If you don't want competitive play, you're playing the wrong DiRT. You want the numbered DiRT's. Codies implemented e-sports because forum members asked for them to be part of DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

If you don't want competitive play, you're playing the wrong DiRT. You want the numbered DiRT's. Codies implemented e-sports because forum members asked for them to be part of DiRT Rally 2.0.

But that’s not a reason for the offline career against the AI to be forced to be connected to Racenet. The offline career times we set don’t even go on the leaderboards.

from what i understand they forced the connection to racenet for career to stop people pirating the game.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

I wasn't talking about offline career. I was replying to the guy above me who was talking about e-sports and competitive play.

Posted (edited)

I also would request career restart

I've messed up my rallycross career by using only the 1600 throughout my entire career right up to masters when it only lets you use a supercar, which means my RX2 can't be upgraded ?

When you complete the masters does the game reset itself or stays at masters ?

Any advice, especially from staff would be much appreciated 

( i did read on this forum that this career delete / restart issue is a known bug, so I'll keep my fingers crossed )

Edited by b0yc1e

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, b0yc1e said:

I've messed up my rallycross career by using only the 1600 throughout my entire career right up to masters when it only lets you use a supercar, which means my RX2 can't be upgraded ?

When you complete the masters does the game reset itself or stays at masters ?

Any advice, especially from staff would be much appreciated 

It stays at Masters.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, b0yc1e said:

ha, that's a weird situation. I'll keep that in mind.

seems like you're stuck with doing Daily events if you want to upgrade it that badly. o.O

how many tiers are there?

• Thanks 1

4 tiers i think

I've been steering clear of dirt daily events because i haven't got an upgraded RX2 !

But i see where your coming from, gives me an option anyways 

23 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

But that’s not a reason for the offline career against the AI to be forced to be connected to Racenet. The offline career times we set don’t even go on the leaderboards.

from what i understand they forced the connection to racenet for career to stop people pirating the game.

I think the issue was one of cheating the credits system, if the career was offline this was much easier to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b0yc1e said:

4 tiers i think

I've been steering clear of dirt daily events because i haven't got an upgraded RX2 !

But i see where your coming from, gives me an option anyways 

who cares? the difference in rewards is minimal, especially in RX

don't think there is a huge difference in performance either, but to be fair i haven't actually checked...

• Agree 1

so there´s no way for me to get down to beginner again?I´m on elite and i just don´t have a chance...

6 minutes ago, nobrakes76 said:

so there´s no way for me to get down to beginner again?I´m on elite and i just don´t have a chance...

keep losing, apparently. retiring seems to work eventually. cannot confirm though

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ianism said:

keep losing, apparently. retiring seems to work eventually. cannot confirm though

Can confirm. Took me 1 hour to go from masters to open, but it works 😅

• Haha 1