DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Into Darkness

This might be the start of a little YT-Series I might do. Quick runs through very dark conditions. I'm not quite sure though if it really is as terrifying to watch as it feels to drive at such a pace. If this video proves successful, Into Darkness will become a Series, covering all long stages and many different cars. If it comes that way, I will put them all collected into this Thread, as a little Darkness Blog.

Would love to hear some Feedback, especially on the picture quality when filming in a dark room, with only the screen as light source.

(If it will be failure, i will put in a delete request for the Thread.)

Cheers, Sykrex

Edited by SkyRex

Well, I guess the thread can be closed.

No likes, no replies, no feedback, seems like it was a fruitless idea.

Every third stage AI gives me is 3AM start I feel. To cook it up, it mixes up with heavy rain on 15km stage in Argentina. It feels like I'm driving blind. 😝
At same time AI drives at PRO champinship like it's on Autobahn. It doesn't give single ****.

Edited by Wellwh0
  • Agree 1

I agree , we hope a patch that improves the night vision which is ridiculous, the headlights do not illuminate anything. headlights need a much higher power

• Agree 1

In this video the luminance is overall correct. But in some stages and specially on daytime/sunset times, whenever you go through a dark area and turn on the headlights, there's no light coming out whatsoever.

• Agree 3

Because in real life headlights are barely visible during a day. Simply they are weaker even than diffused light present in shaded areas.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

Yes but if you go through a dark area the lights illuminate your position properly.

• Agree 1

On 3/11/2019 at 12:41 PM, Riggs said:

In this video the luminance is overall correct. But in some stages and specially on daytime/sunset times, whenever you go through a dark area and turn on the headlights, there's no light coming out whatsoever.

I think it is a bug as The Simpit put out a Dirt Rally 2.0 video and when he got to a very dark shaded bit the lights came on for a second and then went off again. 

29.04-29.06

• Agree 1