Sign in to follow this  

Grid starts back to square one

Am I the only person who is finding myself back in my usual place of 12th by the time I reach the first corner? It's back to hitting the quit button rather than waste time driving around in last place.

• Like 2

it's so utterly tiresome playing a game of chance and luck, when it should be a game of skill. It's randomly decided before a race starts whether you will be given a good start or a poor start and no amount of skilful driving or strategy will help you win. When you start in P7 on the grid and your opponent is P6 and you see him take P3 by the first corner while you find yourself in P12, it is so completely demoralising.

• Like 2

Baku and Monte Carlo are unraceable in a grid start mode. You will be crashed and slammed every time by A1 cars. What i found is i use both tracks to up my SR rating lol. You are going to lose those duels anyway so just start race and then quit. My rating always jumps to 3.5 -4.7 depending 😂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I've given up on grid starts until the update, more work and frustration than fun:

1. The AI are all faster, aggressive and have cartoonish physics.
  2. Winnable if you get out front and block, but the AI get really aggressive, initiate contact (ram from behind and side) and dive bomb corners 4 wheel off at high velocity executing +10g turns.
  3. If you try to play from mid pack, cars behind initiate contact by ramming from behind or sideswiping, just ran a race with 8 AI initiated contacts.
  4. If you go to the back of the pack and give space, all AI finish 4+ seconds ahead, even when setting new record laps after parts upgrades.

I sense similar behavoir in Sprint races that have an AI opponent but at least the AI opponent starts more slowly and others are spread enough to have a chance.  If you let him pass the race is over.

So at this point, 1/3+ of the races are a throw away plus Monaco which is also a cartoon crash fest other than Qualifying.

Spending more time in single races playing with different setups and learning the tracks better.  

I doubt many would be upset if Grid Duels were turned off until the new version is available.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Like 1

If there is no improvement to grid starts in the next update this is my suggestion. After a grid start is announced please stop the race and simply place a announcement stating "YOU HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED 30 TROPHIES" it will stop us wasting our time.

Thank you.

• Like 1