We Want Money in Free Mode!

I finished a custom Championship in the Free Mode and I got nothing.... Please make a Update, that we can also get Money in the Free Mode, this Mode makes no sense without Credits Rewards after finish a custom Championship.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Free Mode

I mean, this entire mode was meant to play without the constraints of constantly having to fund your repairs or garage... Go play My Team?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

I mean, this entire mode was meant to play without the constraints of constantly having to fund your repairs or garage... Go play My Team?

Yes I know you get there Money, but why not on Custom Championships? In Dirt Rally 1 you get Credtis on Custom Championships too, but why not in Dirt Rally 2? It is so cool, make his custom Championship to get Money....

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

why not in Dirt Rally 2

Do you want to only use the cars you buy in My Team? Because unless you restrict Custom Championships to that, and make people pay for their repairs, you should not be able to earn money. It would be "free" money, unlike My Team where there is a risk & cost to every single race you do. Custom Championships have no cost, no risk.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Yes I know you get there Money, but why not on Custom Championships? In Dirt Rally 1 you get Credtis on Custom Championships too, but why not in Dirt Rally 2? It is so cool, make his custom Championship to get Money....

I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of reward in Free Mode but money? What for? It would be “money for nothin’ (and your chicks for free)” as there’s no paid damage to repair and no upgrades to purchase!

Posted (edited)

Yes indeed earn Money in custom Championships would be mandatory. So Players can skip all that Night and Rain **** in the Career Mode. I mean i like Night and Rain too but not that often.

Edited by VaeliusNoctu

I disagree. My Team is where the money happens. Not in custom.

What hext, you want get money in Time Trail as well?

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I disagree. My Team is where the money happens. Not in custom.

What hext, you want get money in Time Trail as well?

A very good Suggestion. Yes that would be cool, depending on the Result Cash. I would love this.

Money in free mode? No, I don't think it's a good idea. If you want to make money you have to accept the challenges that you have to run on stages not choosen by you and paying the repairs.

Why on Earth would anyone play Career Mode anymore if you could choose your favourite stage (where you memorized every single pebble stone on the road), dry weather, sunny skies and earn a buttload of money by doing it over and over again?

Another pain in the butt would be paying for repairs in Time Trial.

Leave Free Mode as it is, because it's perfect for it's purpose: you can test whatever car on whatever track, perfecting your setups without risk. And because there is no risk, you don't deserve any reward. Free Mode is for preparing you for the challanges of My Team. Makes no sense to blend them together.

Posted (edited)

I can understand. But most players are tired of spending 80% + their time in rain and night levels.
Developers can add a custom Mode to the Career mode, which worked well in Dirt Rally 1 as well.
In addition, most Players have in the game Latest two weeks so much money that they do not need it anymore.
As long as it's optional, it does not hurt anyone, but enriches the game.

Edited by VaeliusNoctu
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:47 AM, VaeliusNoctu said:

I can understand. But most players are tired of spending 80% + their time in rain and night levels.

This... so much this. I'm sick of every damn stage being at night in the rain. Yes, real rallies run in whatever, but they don't do half the stages at night and there isn't anywhere that it rains as much as in DR2's career mode, not even in the UK. And until they adjust their AI so that I don't go from finishing 1st in every stage at Pro to dead last in every stage at Elite, so there really is no challenge in the game... win by a mile or lose by a mile and nothing in between... career mode is ****ing pointless.

Edited by gravityd9
  • Agree 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, VaeliusNoctu said:

most Players have in the game Latest two weeks so much money that they do not need it anymore.

Haha, yeah... no. Not even close to the case. There might be one or two players out there who have hit that point, but 99% of players are tens of millions of credits off from being at a point where they don't need money anymore.

custom Mode to the Career mode, which worked well in Dirt Rally 1 as well.

This though, could work. Let us pick a class, # of events using # of stages and generate us a random championship from it. Keep it within My Team and it'd be perfect.

Developers can add a custom Mode to the Career mode, which worked well in Dirt Rally 1 as well.
In addition, most Players have in the game Latest two weeks so much money that they do not need it anymore.
As long as it's optional, it does not hurt anyone, but enriches the game.

Yes and some of us are tired of the arcade damage in MyTeam.   (yes I sound like a broken record, broken by the lack of damage)

I find such statements always amusing. Arcade damage. From people who have never ridden a rally car in their lives, except perhaps under "safe" conditions in rally schools.

No game is "real", so there is no real or fake damage. More difficult or easier, but it has nothing to do with reality.

Nobody here in the forum drives Professionel in rally championships and therefore no one has any idea. I like to accept that it is too easy for some and too extreme for others.

But please do not discuss what Real is, if you have no idea of reality.

• Like 1

I would think of something like 'Short Championship' in Career mode - 6 events with just 4 stages per event. As you progress to higher difficulties,  It's getting really tedious to pass about six hours with one car mostly in night and rain. Of course, rewards should be reduced accordingly and possibly win/loose should not affect carrier progress. Some of us do have to live lives you know?

The Custom Championship in DR was fine with credits and it also gave the opportunity to run shorter rallys and with lower difficulty and two parallel championships with different cars. The Elite championship is just pain in the a.. with absurd times by the fake competition and boring 10 stages per Rally. Actually i stopped playing DR2 because of this stupid game-design. There should be three modes like in DR and not only two. Certainly when you earn credits, there should be costs involved as well. Why not just make it an option?