Sign in to follow this  

PC Optimization

Posted (edited)

I know I don't have a powerful PC, I have a Lenovo laptop with Nvidia 860m, but I could play original Dirt Rally in high settings at 1080 and 60fps. I could play Dirt 4 in medium at 1080 60FPS. Now, I can't even play Dirt Rally 2.0 in low at 720p. It's a joke, I am watching a lot of people having to use some medium settings with top tier PCs. What have happened? In consoles, even the original Xbone and PS4 run the game fine with great graffics and 60fps. Must I lose any hope for performance improvements? Is this the reason for cheaper PC price?

Edited by Underkex

1 hour ago, Underkex said:

I know I don't have a powerful PC, I have a Lenovo laptop with Nvidia 860m, but I could play original Dirt Rally in high settings at 1080 and 60fps. I could play Dirt 4 in medium at 1080 60FPS. Now, I can't even play Dirt Rally 2.0 in low at 720p. It's a joke, I am watching a lot of people having to use some medium settings with top tier PCs. What have happened? In consoles, even the original Xbone and PS4 run the game fine with great graffics and 60fps. Must I lose any hope for performance improvements? Is this the reason for cheaper PC price?

On PS4 (pro) on 4K screen looks horrendous..... To me it was somewhat like going back to first gen PS3 imagary on an old CRT tv.

Posted (edited)

Are you sure the game doesn't run on the integrated Intel graphics instead of you NVIDIA 860M? There are threads on this forum that the game may run only on the integrated graphics. I'm sure there will be a bug fix for this.

Edited by Lollerke

20 hours ago, Lollerke said:

Are you sure the game doesn't run on the integrated Intel graphics instead of you NVIDIA 860M? There are threads on this forum that the game may run only on the integrated graphics. I'm sure there will be a bug fix for this.

No, I don't think so. I wish that would be the problem but I am afraid is just bad optimization.

There might be something seriously wrong going on with this game regarding optimization, especially for Laptops - I have 1050Ti in my Laptop, and on 1080p Low settings I get barely 40 FPS... Just for comparison, F1 2017-F1 2018 runs on High Preset 1080p on  pretty much stable 60 FPS. And yes, I checked, it runs on the external GPU (Nvidia).

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, Underkex said:

I can assure you we dont have great graphics on the consoles. The X is decent everything else dreadful and a step back graphically from the first title.

Edited by FLAW3D