PS4 PRO 4k Samsung TV Blurry

Hey!

Anybody facing the same issue with PS4 PRO and 4K Samsung TV? Everything is looking very blurry and not crispy, it seems that focus completely missed.

I noticed that in PC gameplay video, graphics are looking perfect on PS4 it's looking like the game from the 2000s.

Will it be fixed during the next patch?

Thanks!

Domas

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, DomasLR said:

Hey!

Anybody facing the same issue with PS4 PRO and 4K Samsung TV? Everything is looking very blurry and not crispy, it seems that focus completely missed.

I noticed that in PC gameplay video, graphics are looking perfect on PS4 it's looking like the game from the 2000s.

Will it be fixed during the next patch?

Thanks!

Domas

I have a 4k 49 inch curved Samsung TV and a PS4 pro and agree it is a shocking blurry mess to the point of being almost unplayable and a spoiled experience especially in the wet/dark. I've come to the conclusion from others comments it has nothing to do with your equipment, it is just how it is. For me it was so unenjoyable that I dug out my PC after a colleague donated me their old GTX960 card, and bought the PC version. Even at 1080p i get 60fps with a mix of med, high and ultra settings and the game is beautiful and enjoyable and looks like a completely different game from the console version, and it will be a masterpiece if they could just sort out the FFB feel....

For those without the option, force the PS4 pro to 1080p in console settings menu, the extra grain actually helps define the image imo and prevents the enhanced blurring of the 4k upscaling of the 1080p image, until and if Codies do something about it later down the line.

I notice at the start line, on the box with lights that count down:  the red lights look like they were colored by "special" kids with the fat crayons.  Other than that it seems like DR1 with better lighting but much worse rain and water effects.  The puddles are more slippy but water splashes don't affect my view.  

The graphics don't bother me but I do wish i could see better in the shadows.  The HDR slider shows a blurry washed out image without contrast for an adjustment reference.  Previous dirt games have light and dark images on a black and white background.  Isn't the point of HDR so I can see a more realistic brights and shadows simultaneously on the tv? No matter how I set it there is no detail in the shadowy areas.

I had to stop playing its that blurry on the Pro as my eyes were automatically squinting all the time trying to see where im supposed to be going and i was getting sore heads. Only game this has ever happened. Infact it's the only game i have ever seen that is this blurry.

31 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

Don't expect super-sharp 4K image, because Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS4 Pro runs at FullHD resolution as you can see here: Dirt Rally 2.0: PS4/Pro vs Xbox One/X - Every Console Tested!

1080p games still look very clear though, Something has gone wrong in the development of the game for it to be this blurry. Dirt Rally was 1080 and was fine you could easily make out where you were going, As with most 1080p games pre PS4 Pro and Xbox X

Edited by FLAW3D

47 minutes ago, Simple_B_69 said:

I have a 4k 49 inch curved Samsung TV and a PS4 pro and agree it is a shocking blurry mess to the point of being almost unplayable and a spoiled experience especially in the wet/dark. I've come to the conclusion from others comments it has nothing to do with your equipment, it is just how it is. For me it was so unenjoyable that I dug out my PC after a colleague donated me their old GTX960 card, and bought the PC version. Even at 1080p i get 60fps with a mix of med, high and ultra settings and the game is beautiful and enjoyable and looks like a completely different game from the console version, and it will be a masterpiece if they could just sort out the FFB feel....

For those without the option, force the PS4 pro to 1080p in console settings menu, the extra grain actually helps define the image imo and prevents the enhanced blurring of the 4k upscaling of the 1080p image, until and if Codies do something about it later down the line.

If the PS4 Pro does not upscale the image to 4k your TV will. 

Increasing sharpness on your tv and turning off any smoothing and noise reduction effects definitely helps. But yeah the art direction in this one does remind me of Colin mc Rea dirt on the PS3 a bit. 

I've seen that this issue was reported quite a while back in other forums but looks that developers still making a new patch or simply ignoring that issue. Yes, it's the first game once I am seeing that kind of issue too.

The game is extremely blurry on Ps4 Pro, it's ridiculous. I don't remember when was the last time I've seen as blurry game as Rally 2.0 on PS4. 

5 minutes ago, HeRtZDoNuT said:

The game is extremely blurry on Ps4 Pro, it's ridiculous. I don't remember when was the last time I've seen as blurry game as Rally 2.0 on PS4. 

Not on the PS4, but I remember F1 2011 being a blurry mess on the PS3. The xbox360 version looked great though.

I'm on a Samsung 4K HDR 65 inch TV with the PS4Pro and while I agree that the image does get blurry sometimes, I mustn't being seeing it as bad as you guys.  

To me, when it's blurry it fixes itself after a little bit.  Sort of like what you see on dynamic resolution games.  

Not sure who said it above but the water in this game is a complete and utter joke.  I'm talking about the water splashes.  Worst graphics ever.

I just stopped playing, even while I loved the handling model. I play Dirt Rally 1.0 again but it is frustrating that this issue is ruining this game on PS4 (pro)

sounds like some sort of FXAA or TAA thats blurring everything up, it can be like this on PC with TAA on. hopefully codies will fix it for ya'll.

MM

Could it be down to too much motion blur? I haven’t picked up the game yet but seeing as most of the issues seem to be affecting PS4 users and FFB on wheels such as the G29 (both of which I use), pretty much sums up why I’ve held off on picking up the game. 

Shame because F1 2018 looks great on PS4 with the exception of some noticeable aliasing artifacts. Some of the complaints about the DR2.0s lighting reminds me of the issues with F1 2017 where there was definitely problems with the game having a very overly saturated colour palette as well as conditions in the game that made it difficult to see due to things either being too light or too dark.

Hopefully Codies can address some of these issues in future patches if the game gets plenty of support in the future 🙂

Yeah the graphics are really out of focus and not crispy,  so much hope for the graphics in gameplay and we get this..... Shame

Dont worry we can buy DLC very soon but the way things are going those "remastered" stages are actually going to look alot worse for alot of us than they did in Dirt Rally 1! Mental.  

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Haha 1

It’s strange that it looks as bad as it does , surely something has gone wrong patch wise ? I’m hoping things can be rectified in a later patch .

fingers crossed 

• Agree 1

The worrying thing is it had a day one patch right? What kind of state was the game in before the day one patch? 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

The worrying thing is it had a day one patch right? What kind of state was the game in before the day one patch? 

Curiosity got the better of me so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it without the day one patch and tbh where lighting quality and overall visual sharpness is concerned, on X1X there seems to be very change between the two versions. I do know the patch replaces a huge amount of the original data (the 15gb update only increases overall game size by 1.5gb) so I can only guess that the update is just a graphics overhaul with some general fixes thrown in.

Few updates already passed, but still, the same situation, have anybody found a solution?

Thanks! 

I'm guessing it's a combination of the resolution and implementation of TAA. On PC, even at 1440p on smaller screens, TAA turns the game into a blurry mess. 

Not sure of the frame rate cost, but it would be nice for Ps4 Pro players if Codies could implement a 1440p mode without TAA. The image is A LOT less stable without TAA, but so much sharper.