Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inconsistent A.I

I’ve begun the elite rx series in the career mode. I’m noticing that especially during wet track conditions, I’m able to pretty easily beat the a.i. I’m Racing against in the qualifiers. (By 5 seconds or so) but the a.i. I’m not racing against is about 5-8 seconds faster, regardless of which cars I’m racing and are not. Anyone else experiencing this? Any feedback is appreciated 

2 minutes ago, Johnliwing said:

Same here, ai time generated on wet tracks seems too fast.

At least it’s not just me. Almost seems like they are running times like the track is dry. Makes it impossible 

AI is messed up, but maybe I’m wrong!? I have experience in Dirt 4 and Dirt rally, but at 2.0 AI is too difficult.

At Clubman rally championship, every rally I was first and I led at some rallies by a 1 minute or more!! Now on Pro I’m 20th - 25th!? I think there is too big difference between clubman and pro championship

15 minutes ago, Welwh0 said:

AI is messed up, but maybe I’m wrong!? I have experience in Dirt 4 and Dirt rally, but at 2.0 AI is too difficult.

At Clubman rally championship, every rally I was first and I led at some rallies by a 1 minute or more!! Now on Pro I’m 20th - 25th!? I think there is too big difference between clubman and pro championship

And you’ll soon find that the difference between Pro and Elite is even bigger. 

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, i’m surprised it’s taking this long. 

I remember all the deluxe owners raising this issue when they were playing it 4 days before release and i was thinking “great, this will be sorted by the time i get the game”. How naive of me.

49 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

And you’ll soon find that the difference between Pro and Elite is even bigger. 

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, i’m surprised it’s taking this long. 

I remember all the deluxe owners raising this issue when they were playing it 4 days before release and i was thinking “great, this will be sorted by the time i get the game”. How naive of me.

Yeah kind of regret buying it early. Maybe Codemaster should have delay it. Because now it’s bad experience.

The inconsistencies are definetely there. Not only in rx but also in regular rally championships. For example AI times seem completely unaffected by very low visibility conditions, like night plus heavy rain.

11 minutes ago, Pistro said:

The inconsistencies are definetely there. Not only in rx but also in regular rally championships. For example AI times seem completely unaffected by very low visibility conditions, like night plus heavy rain.

True. Weather conditions feel unaffected at all... 

There is something I don't understand:

In the "Open" rally championship (the very first one) I could win every stage even if I didn't try, by 30-60 seconds, sometimes even more. It was ridiculously easy. I was looking forward to the next level.

Now, in the "Clubman" championship (the second level) the AI is impossible to beat for me. I drive more or less the same, but I get 30-60 seconds / stage! And that's not including any mistakes because I'm not always flawless.

What gives? Is there no middle ground? You either beat the AI even by driving in reverse, the next level it's impossible? I don't really understand. And if we have a difficulty slider in Free Play why can't we utilize it in Career? For reference, I have no problem beating the "AI challenge" events with any car, and my leaderboard times are usually in the top 1000, sometimes in the top 300 (cross-platform). I don't think I'm that bad but the very second difficulty level makes me look like that. Either my game is bugged and the AI times became ridiculous or is this a design choice?

2 hours ago, dreampage said:

There is something I don't understand:

In the "Open" rally championship (the very first one) I could win every stage even if I didn't try, by 30-60 seconds, sometimes even more. It was ridiculously easy. I was looking forward to the next level.

Now, in the "Clubman" championship (the second level) the AI is impossible to beat for me. I drive more or less the same, but I get 30-60 seconds / stage! And that's not including any mistakes because I'm not always flawless.

What gives? Is there no middle ground? You either beat the AI even by driving in reverse, the next level it's impossible? I don't really understand. And if we have a difficulty slider in Free Play why can't we utilize it in Career? For reference, I have no problem beating the "AI challenge" events with any car, and my leaderboard times are usually in the top 1000, sometimes in the top 300 (cross-platform). I don't think I'm that bad but the very second difficulty level makes me look like that. Either my game is bugged and the AI times became ridiculous or is this a design choice?

Open and Clubman for me were easy with MINI and Fluvia. But now PRO is unbeatable. I can't even make it to top ten, on some rallies top twenties. After I entered Pro, Daily AI challenge became more difficult too.
I'm driving now R2 Fiesta (because I was tired of slow MINI) in Pro which isn't that different from a MINI, maybe little faster. Now difference between Clubaman and Pro is unimaginable, I don't know how somebody beats AI. Almost every stage I do clean (no crashes), maybe I miss some entering lines here and there. But AI is beating me more than minute, sometimes almost two.

Seems like there is no middle ground. I decided to give it a brake until they patch it up, if they ever will. Maybe they intended it to be like that.

8 hours ago, dreampage said:

Now, in the "Clubman" championship (the second level) the AI is impossible to beat for me

I think the big issue people are running into with these kinds of things is their car selection. Right now any FWD times for H2 or R2 seem to be way harder than they should be. If you aren't in those classes people seem to be doing alright up until Pro/Elite. I don't remember Open -> Clubman being that dramatic of time difference, probably ~5 seconds/sector faster in Clubman but that's about it.

OK, Career difficulty is completely glitched I think. It's one thing that the game doesn't let me win any stage by ramping up the difficulty in Clubman. But the AI times seem completely random, too.

I just finished a few stages in Spain.

First stage: I did a VERY GOOD time, the game told me at the end that I was second by only 0:0.180 seconds. But then, at the stage result list I suddenly had more than 2 seconds gap.

Second stage: I won the stage (finished with green) by 0:0.368 seconds. Almost four tenths. Then, at the stage result screen I had a 14 second gap behind the "class leader".

I mean *** is going on? I do my best, drive as fast as I possibly can and the game just throws around these random times to push me back in the standings? And all this on the second difficulty level? Why is there no middle ground between Open and Clubman? I can't even imagine what other difficulties would look like. Meanwhile my stage times are comfortably in the top 1000 on the leaderboards. This is completely unenjoyable at this point, I see no point of playing the "Career". I would accept this result on higher difficulty settings but there's simply no option between winning every stage by a minute to losing every single one of them by a mile. Why can't the AI get faster only by a reasonable amount? It's either ridiculously slow or unbeatable?

For reference, I did "Open" with H1 FWD and trying "Clubman" with Group A (AWD). But my view is that no matter what class you choose, difficulty should ramp up gradually, not like this. Something's clearly not right here.

2 hours ago, dreampage said:

OK, Career difficulty is completely glitched I think. It's one thing that the game doesn't let me win any stage by ramping up the difficulty in Clubman. But the AI times seem completely random, too.

What I think is happening is, you are not the last car to run in your class, so when you finished you were the fastest *of the cars that had already submitted a time*. Then some other ones came after you that were quicker.

I'm a sim racer with 20 years of sim experience, and I've given up on the career rally for the same reason. It's the one mode I really wanted to play through, but until they do something about the AI, I'm not doing any more career rallies. I torched the open and clubman championships. Pro championship was a good challenge for the podium, but I was pretty much on the podium every rally, including winning 3 rallies, but the times were close for the podium. It was an enjoyable challenge, and I was excited for a slight step up in the challenge. Got moved up to elite and was instantly finishing dead last every stage. I've managed to move forward a bit, finishing more like 20th (except Spain where somehow I manage to finish near the top, the AI is apparently not good on tarmac), but I have to push ridiculously hard, harder than you'd ever push in a rally. I usually have to restart every stage 10, 15, even 20 times, until I know every little bump on the stage, just because I have to push so intensely hard on every stage just to finish in a competitive position... sometimes 25th, sometimes top 10, depending on the stage. I review the sector times and see I was among the best times for like 3 of 4 sectors in a 4 sector stage, and then lost like 10 seconds in one sector... and sorry, but there is just no damn way anyone could have gone 10 seconds faster in that sector when I've done the sector completely clean. When I got pushed up another difficulty level, I expected I might be pushed down to maybe the lower end of the top 10 or something, not going from finishing on the podium every stage to finishing dead last every stage... that is just dumb and it really isn't fun at all. It's just frustrating, and a good game shouldn't frustrate you until you quit.. It has me so frustrated that I've quit career mode rallies after only a couple weeks. Really is a damn shame to be so excited for the game, spend the money to get the deluxe, really enjoy it to start, and then get so frustrated at stupid AI coding that you just quit after two weeks. At least give me a way to select my difficulty in career mode, so I can find the spot that's the right challenge level for me to enjoy. And whoever said above that the AI seems to ignore rain and night is dead right. They should go a bit slower... I know for damn sure I have to corner slower on the wet surface, and have to slow down when I can't see anything in the pouring rain at night, but the AI seems to go just as damn fast as if it was dry and sunny. Did anyone play test the AI?? Speaking of night and rain stages... I get that rally stages happen at night, but there are too god damned many rain stages, it doesn't rain that much over the course of the season in rally events. And somehow it always rains at night? Too damned many night and rain stages, which makes it even more frustrating when the AI doesn't seem to be the least bit affected by it.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:49 PM, CatBadders said:

I think the big issue people are running into with these kinds of things is their car selection. Right now any FWD times for H2 or R2 seem to be way harder than they should be. If you aren't in those classes people seem to be doing alright up until Pro/Elite. I don't remember Open -> Clubman being that dramatic of time difference, probably ~5 seconds/sector faster in Clubman but that's about it.

I actually didn't have much trouble with the FWD cars. I'm getting my back side handed to me in the NA4/R4 4WD class after going from Pro to Elite difficulty.

H1 FWD is beatable at PRO but R2 is unbeatable in my humble opinion at least in my experience. Haven't yet drove RWD at PRO.