Sign in to follow this  

Restarts, Repairs, Credits

I'm making way too much money in career mode. Even by coming dead last in the bugged H2 FWD class, each event gives me about 100,000cr! ***?

Using restarts should reduce prize money (I think it did in previous games).

Repairs should rightly be expensive, I say.

Let me first start og with, Om not the best rallydriver out there, but I love to race.

And I totally agree, the 5 restart max is great.

I really dont just want to hit the restart button until I win, I wanna earn it, AND I also wanna loose if I drive poorly.

Like the first wrx season, I had a really bad start, and ended on 4th, but became better and bette. And at the end of the season I had the most intense fight for first place, and at the end I managed to win.

Now that is more fun, than hitting the restart button, every time the car spins or crash.

Thats also why I love the community event, you only get one try

I really don't understand why would anyone use a restart unless the game crashed, or some other game bug appeared, or something IRL happened. The restart (or the god-awful 'rewind') is the horrible immersion-killer. It's rally -- adapt and overcome!

2 hours ago, BloodCat said:

I really don't understand why would anyone use a restart unless the game crashed, or some other game bug appeared, or something IRL happened. The restart (or the god-awful 'rewind') is the horrible immersion-killer. It's rally -- adapt and overcome!

I 50% agree. I loved the flexible system in Dirt 4 (which is essentially what people are asking for here), and I think the unforgiving nature of this game with regards to no restarts is great. as someone pointed out in this thread, it makes you better and also be ok with not winning everything. Dirt 4 didn't have this, because when you finished the championship there would be a little medallion indicating your position (1st/2nd/3rd/4th or worse) in each event, and I was compelled to make every one gold. DR 2 doesn't give that feedback and me feel less incomplete in consequence. it's great haha

however, I am also not very good (I play on KB, it's easier for me than controller) so I've totalled the car on a stage, then been sent to the next service area and been forced to miss the next couple of stages and been given the maximum possible time for all three that I didn't finish. it absolutely ruins the whole championship because it puts you like an hour off the podium. when there's no hope for like the last 2 whole events, each with 7+ stages it's really not much fun. this has happened more than once