Investment around DR2.0 down the drain ...

Well, i feel a bit let down with DR2.0 ... i love the game but the negatives are getting under my skin after a week playing it.

So i have made a big investment recently just to get the best experience possible, it´s not happening:

- T300RS - force feedback is weekly implemented;

- TSS Mod+ - handbrake is not progressive, it´s only on/off, just a lot money wasted;

- OLED+PS4PRO - 1080p graphics, blurred images, terrible to watch;

Come on Codemasters, you can do better than that. Dont´say PS4PRO doesn´t have the power! How many AAA titles are out there that show the true potential of this console??

What´s your saying about this?

Thanks

Your money spent on equipment is not a wasted  investment as you can use them to there full potential in other racing titles....the only potentially wasted money in your case was on the game.

Solution, play DR1 till a patch for DR2 arrives.

Don't spend tons of cash on equipment before you actually play the game....purchase game than add on equipment after 😉

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, JoaoPedro418 said:

Well, i feel a bit let down with DR2.0 ... i love the game but the negatives are getting under my skin after a week playing it.

So i have made a big investment recently just to get the best experience possible, it´s not happening:

- T300RS - force feedback is weekly implemented;

- TSS Mod+ - handbrake is not progressive, it´s only on/off, just a lot money wasted;

- OLED+PS4PRO - 1080p graphics, blurred images, terrible to watch;

Come on Codemasters, you can do better than that. Dont´say PS4PRO doesn´t have the power! How many AAA titles are out there that show the true potential of this console??

What´s your saying about this?

Thanks

We are all in the same boat here bud. I am on XB1X, 4K is good, but lighting is not properly done. HDR is not well implemented either. Let’s not even get started on the FFB issues. As KuruptCDN noted, other games will come along or already exist that you can use your equipment with. Also, WRC 8 in September. I know it’s frustrating, I feel your pain as I am a huge fan of DR1, and have gone back to playing that until DR2 is patched...let’s just hope they address the issues and correct them completely. I feel especially bad for PS4 players, 1080p, blurry, ***. They should have done better before release but hopefully they take care of it ASAP.

• Agree 1

Whats the chances of WRC 8 being any good? The 7 before it have not been as good as DR1

9 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Whats the chances of WRC 8 being any good? The 7 before it have not been as good as DR1

Ask @CodingRacer he gets all the scoops on WRC8

• Haha 3

But why show videos misleading the customers? The PS4 Pro version is the worst racing graphics i´ve seen in more than 10 years - it´s really that bad.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoaoPedro418 said:

But why show videos misleading the customers? The PS4 Pro version is the worst racing graphics i´ve seen in more than 10 years - it´s really that bad.

Methinks someone's being a bit melodramatic there.

Understand some negativity, but within limits. I agree Codemasters could have been a lot clearer about some things, but a LOT of the preview footage of DR2 was on the PS4.

Edited by RodgerDavies

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Understand some negativity, but within limits. I agree Codemasters could have been a lot clearer about some things, but a LOT of the preview footage of DR2 was on the PS4.

It's by far the worst looking title i have played on the PS4 Pro and i have played ALOT over the past 3 years being not just a sim racer but a gamer. Infact i cannot think of any games this gen that are as blurry as 2.0 so it could even be the worst looking title i have played on PS4 full stop. 

Also you posted a reply of Dirt Rally 2.0 which are 30fps with higher graphics fidelity while gameplay of the WRC game, Thats not the best way to point your point across. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Melodramatic?!

Sorry ... but no.

Play DR2.0 on a PS4 PRO and oled and you´ll see what i mean - looks terrible! Low res, blurry mess.

Put Project Cars 1 and 2, GT Sport, F1 2017 and 2018 - they all look near photorealistic on my setup BUT DR2.0 is just 10 years old to my eyes.

• Disagree 1

@JoaoPedro418

How about this?

However, fair comment - I'm not playing on a PS4 Pro with your display so I can't say you're wrong - sorry. Hopefully patches to the game will come soon to enhance your experience because it looks great on my end. 

• Agree 1

You can see how blurry it is on the vid you posted. Look at the dials, Look at the road it's just a smudge with no AF applied. 

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Ask @CodingRacer he gets all the scoops on WRC8

WRC8 development time is more than enough to see a big improvement since 7. It's not like it will be the next Richard Burns Rally but I think they are moving in the right direction, not over promising and a real evolution over time. If people consider it at least as an option or alternative to Codemasters game it will be good for all of us. The variety of stages is awesome, and there is no WRX! Deal with that FIA! 

In regards of Richard Burns Rally I've contacted Square Enix this week but I'm not expecting a reply to be honest. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Some direct screenshots from the PS4 Pro since Grimmi36 is downvoting my posts so one would assume he does not think the game looks blurry. You can see even the title screen does not look great and seems to be suffering from a blurry look. 

255165265_DiRTRally2_0_20190307204527.thumb.png.0d057ded3f3713313a7b8a48d7bc7c5d.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307204759.png

DiRT_Rally_2_0_20190307210016.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307204951.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307205432.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307205542.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307205747.png

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190307205710.png

Edited by FLAW3D

It’s hard to appreciate the poor graphics from the pics above, as they look ok but I can totally imagine whatever issues are present would be exacerbated on a large display. I am you playing on XB1X - the graphics are ok. Some things are good, some are meh. I definitely thought the graphical fidelity would be better. As it so happens they are average at best when you consider the graphical capabilities of today’s consoles. That said, on PS4 if its only 1080p, that’s insane. Yet another seemingly glaring oversight from all the reviews which suggested the graphics were phenomenal across the board. 

7 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

WRC8 development time is more than enough to see a big improvement since 7. It's not like it will be the next Richard Burns Rally but I think they are moving in the right direction, not over promising and a real evolution over time. If people consider it at least as an option or alternative to Codemasters game it will be good for all of us. The variety of stages is awesome, and there is no WRX! Deal with that FIA! 

In regards of Richard Burns Rally I've contacted Square Enix this week but I'm not expecting a reply to be honest. 

I’m thinking the extra year of dev time is going to pay big dividends. Seems like Kylotonn is making an attempt to dethrone DR as the go-to Rally title.

Truth be told, I hope they totally knock it out of the park. This genre needs some healthy competition, as it drives progress from competing studios...............................

They aren’t that bad, but I agree some what they aren’t that great either!! and in the age we live in, with the power of the consoles we can now play on, they definitely could have been better, but I also understand that Codemasters priority is getting the psysics right, handling, road surfaces etc all need to be worked on extensively, some of which needs to be brushed up sure, but that’s their focal point, and games are either in general prioritised in 2 ways, good physics, or good graphics, that’s why in a lot of nice graphic games you see dumb AI, farcry 5 for example, I mean we can’t expect everything, but I at least hope that Codemasters realise we’d rather wait an extra year to have better graphics and more content than what we currently get, with the lack of content I’m struggling to know why Codemasters have cut some of the cars from DR1, all cars should be in from DR1 and dlc should be adding brand new cars, and locations really, but listen, they make great sims, in Rally and F1 so I’m not one to complain much, I’m just thankful they get most of it right