Sign in to follow this  

Duel mode opponents are not real players

What is your opinion about replacing real players with a bot in Duel mode? If the game can't find a proper opponent (with similar league, CP, PI or SR)...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion about replacing real players with a bot in Duel mode? If the game can't find a proper opponent (with similar league, CP, PI or SR)...

• ... I'm okay with playing against a bot.
    • ... widen the search spectrum and allow greater differences in stats to find a real player. Only if that fails, replace the player with a bot.
    • ... I don't want to play against a bot at all in Duel mode. Give an error message that there's no eligible opponent online atm.

Posted (edited)

There was a new thread discussing that we're facing AI instead of real players in duel mode pretty much all the time.

2vd0m1.jpg.2a7ca23cc1dbf5fa41e1e60a150a5bfb.jpg

Why?

Racing against real players is a fundamental feature of F1 Mobile Racing. Without it, it's just a boring single player game.
Can we get an explanation instead of censorship?

Edited by Xoloth

Hello - the previous topic wasn't removed - it was moved to the correct channel, as this one will be once this comment is posted 🙂

Like the majority of multiplayer games, especially mobile, PvP races are the priority and happen the majority. However, when any issues that may prevent players connecting to one another (device connection, Safety Rating differences, and all manner of other stuff), AI opponents are added to ensure the player can enter a race. It's a failsafe to reduce the amount of disconnections and failed matchmaking players experiences - which nobody wants 🙂

Posted (edited)

chris does the "issue" include not having enough REAL players at 4k trophies (rough guess) and up?\

and btw

i got matched up against a bot and the bot didnt show up. forced to quit n lose trophies. is that standard codies practice now?

Edited by WongYewXuan

Im sorry..but it seems BRUTALLY obvious to me that AI bots are being used to do more than just "fill-in" racers or merely used to improve player experience, resolve connection issues and smooth game play flow. I have not yet set out to do the data collection nessisary to provide this proof but I'm reasonably sure AI bots are often "The man trying to keep me down" lol. The pattern... I believe I see ....we'll just say for devils advocates sake..as well is not exclusive to the use of bots. The match maker has a *to me* a noticeable trend of wickedly ramping matches made to you as to move thru a league that vaugely sem to ratchet up about half way thru the league..and then get noticeably worse..untill you only need a couple races to complete the league..at which point the damn thing has matched me with racers(unsure if they were bots or not) that are a leage ABOVE ME...and a league which I have not yet gotten into..so they have a wickedly clear advantage right out of the gate due to thier increased R&D pool.

The match maker part..IDC about..I can see clear they might need to match me with a higher leage racers...not thrilled about it..but ok..im a peace with it..but when that racer is a bot..and is destroying me by 2-5 seconds when I did a clean race..THAT is when I become a dissatisfied customer..if you cannot make a bot that gives me a chance at winning..then I'd rather not race at all.

In fact..if you simply notified the racer the duel opponent will be a bot..and gave them the OPTION to say "NO!..I came here to race against other humans..not bots..id go single player for that" then..hey..that seems in my eyes to be a legitimate and useful solution. Does it not?

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Masterfool said:

In fact..if you simply notified the racer the duel opponent will be a bot..and gave them the OPTION to say "NO!..I came here to race against other humans..not bots..id go single player for that" then..hey..that seems in my eyes to be a legitimate and useful solution. Does it not?

Very interesting idea @Masterfool!

• Agree 2

I'd never get a race if I pulled out of racing against Player 22!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - the previous topic wasn't removed - it was moved to the correct channel, as this one will be once this comment is posted 🙂

Uhm... I still can't find that topic and my post in it is also missing from my post history, but ok. :classic_blush:

On 3/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Like the majority of multiplayer games, especially mobile, PvP races are the priority and happen the majority. However, when any issues that may prevent players connecting to one another (device connection, Safety Rating differences, and all manner of other stuff), AI opponents are added to ensure the player can enter a race. It's a failsafe to reduce the amount of disconnections and failed matchmaking players experiences - which nobody wants 🙂

That sounds good, but like I said in the other thread, I didn't play against a real player in weeks (I think since the new patch arrived). And I would rather play against an actual person with 9999 CP and 1500 PI instead of a bot. Especially the AI's current condition in mind.

But if we're matched against a bot for some reason, it would be nice to indicate it somehow and not fake a real player's identity. Just make us race against F1 drivers (like the other 10 bot in grid or sprint races) when the game can't find a proper opponent.

Or an idea: if the game can't find a real player to play against, then make a qualifying duel with a random player's last qualifying data from the given track. This way we could race against a real player, just not live, but a recorded ghost car. It wouldn't matter in qualifying mode.

Edited by Xoloth
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I added a poll to the thread. I'm really curious how others feel about playing against bots in duel mode.

Edited by Xoloth
  • Thanks 1

I'd be cool racing bot's if there was less aggression, more realistic speed and reasonable variability.

Perhaps use sector data history of real players for that track to modulate the AI player.

For example, use the average sector data of players at that PI or level to help keep it competitive.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 12:22 AM, slayton said:

I'd never get a race if I pulled out of racing against Player 22!

Or players with a short name consisting of the full name's first 3 letters...

Or players from India... 

Or players that are race-ready in 1,5 secs...

Or players in grid start races...

@ChrisGrovesMCM , you say AI opponents is a "failsafe to reduce the amount of disconnections and failed matchmaking players experiences - which nobody wants". That might be true. But... I think almost everyone would prefer "disconnections and failed matchmaking experiences" over "playing against AI opponents". Because we play duels to race real players! That's the whole point of them. (If we wanted AI and foolproofness we'd all be playing single mode instead.)

So please give us disconnections and failed matchmakings! (We will love it.)

Edited by RawTV

3 hours ago, RawTV said:

Or players with a short name consisting of the full name's first 3 letters...

Or players from India... 

Or players that are race-ready in 1,5 secs...

Or players in grid start races...

Or cars with very minimal graphics and no decals.

I'm seeing far fewer 22 cars and more other numbers as of yesterday.