Sign in to follow this  

New XP System and R&D Boxes

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Hi Chris, looking forward to the update!

Anything we should do before the changeover such as try to complete Blueprints?

Thanks!

Hey there - glad you're excited for the new update! 

No particular tips or tasks to complete before the new Boxes come into effect. The rewards you receive through those boxes (R&D parts) will be the same as what you get through Blueprints, just often in a larger quantity and more relevant to your inventory 🙂

• Agree 2

No problem! It's worth noting that the new system will mean your installed R&D parts will return to your inventory once you've installed Update 4. So when you start up the game and see no parts installed, don't worry - they're in your inventory. There should be a pop-up message when your first play Update 4 that'll remind you 😉 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

No problem! It's worth noting that the new system will mean your installed R&D parts will return to your inventory once you've installed Update 4. So when you start up the game and see no parts installed, don't worry - they're in your inventory. There should be a pop-up message when your first play Update 4 that'll remind you 😉 

When the update will come out?

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, Stepen said:

When the update will come out?

Exact dates are not set for updates and patches because so much is subject to change. What I can say is that we're in the final stages of preparing it now, and will have more news this week, one way or another 🙂

33 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Exact dates are not set for updates and patches because so much is subject to change. What I can say is that we're in the final stages of preparing it now, and will have more news this week, one way or another 🙂

Cant wait for next update come out, hope all bugs has fixed

I'd prefer taking the time needed for a quality/stable product.

It would be nice in the mean time if something were done to make grid starts in duel a competition again.  Maybe slow at least some of the AI down  or make their behavior more like  in grid single mode. 

How about some official car livery as rewards? Very rare no less

Posted (edited)

New XP and R&D. Wooooopeeee. Still doing the same one lap races over and over. Even if all previous issues are resolved with this update, we still have the same monotonous game. You've added nothing except a new reward system. Great for collectors who love earning points and gloat about climbing a ladder, but what's in it for those of us who want to race? You've delivered nothing for those who want a Formula 1 racing game. 

Edited by slayton
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, slayton said:

New XP and R&D. Wooooopeeee. Still doing the same one lap races over and over. Even if all previous issues are resolved with this update, we still have the same monotonous game. You've added nothing except a new reward system. Great for collectors who love earning points and gloat about climbing a ladder, but what's in it for those of us who want to race? You've delivered nothing for those who want a Formula 1 racing game. 

I agree... I think they need to give us a long laps race, not a 1, 3 or 5 laps race. Just like F1 2016, you can do 15% laps, 25% or 50% laps, and you got pitstop there...

And they need to add car tuning system like F1 2018 on PS/PC, such as tuning your front wing, rear wing or chasis... So we dont too depending on R&D stats points too much

I think it’s a fine balance on the length of the race. Not forgetting this is a mobile game and some phones may not perform very well in longer races (heat, battery, memory etc). 

It also places a huge load on servers if it’s a real pvp long race. That said, having it as an option for players to decide themselves will be huge of course, all else withstanding. 

• Agree 1

The youtube video explaining the wow factor of the XP system lacked one thing......the Wow factor. Yet another candy crush way of making you think you're advancing in some way when in fact nothing is happening and there is no reward except to say I have a higher XP than I did before. But does it enhance the driving experience? Not as far as I could tell from the video, which I'd like to point out shows a grid start that is so removed from real life it's fiction. Has anybody ever carefully manoeuvred through the field, yielding to drivers in front so you can then press the throttle and overtake? Have you ever woven past AI cars as they allow you to pass them with care and consideration? Seriously, they must have a different game for promos than the one the public has.

It appeared they used Grid mode in Single for the social media infomercial which I felt was nicely done.

Grid mode in single is actually fun.  Why the AI are so different in Duel is a mystery, especially that makes it feel relatively mean spirited. So hopeful the next release will be  less frustrating and more fun.

Killer bots did work to my advantage in a race yesterday.  I had a real opponent very intentionally repeatedly crash into me early in the grid start before he ran away.  From the back I watched 2-3 bots go after him like angry bees and eventually take him out.

I'd never thought to play a grid start in Single mode. It does beg the question "if it's possible for a grid start to run smoothly using one algorithm, why not transfer that code across to the main game?" 

I'm seeing this theme starting to pop up more and more. A lot of players, myself included, are getting bored because there's no substance to this game. The duels have gotten stale. 

I've played the new update. I had a few grid starts. They're STILL broken. The rubber band effect with the AI dropping back only to somehow find a burst of speed to come charging back is still there. The AI is still way too fast in general. These new R&D boxes is nothing more than putting a fresh coat of paint on an old car. All they did was bundle cards now. I'm not even sure what the hell the XP is for or why it exists. It adds nothing to the gameplay. If all it does is keep going up, then what's the point? I think I'm nearing the end of me playing this game until they add some drastic gameplay changes. I used to play it daily, and now it's more like once or twice a week.

One more thing. They somehow broke the racing line braking points now. I use manual braking and the brake points were fairly accurate before. Now, I'm getting a red line way way before the turn. It's misleading because now the line is dark red on turns that you don't normally need to brake in, such as Maggotts on Silverstone.

XP is a waste of Codemasters efforts. Utterly, totally and absolutely. How many hours did they put into this when they could have been working on a racing game and not a card collecting game. This is an insult to those of us who have been playing since the games inception. We have begged for for numerous changes and we are given an XP sytem which, I am pretty certain, nobody asked for.

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

not really... apparently they've changed the value of the cards, and the number required to lvl up. 

which means I cannot make my previus setup because gets higher then 52 PED points...

Edited by IIIDanteIII

2 hours ago, IIIDanteIII said:

not really... apparently they've changed the value of the cards, and the number required to lvl up. 

which means I cannot make my previus setup because gets higher then 52 PED points...

Im not quite back where i was, but im under 1:17 

F043D2C2-425A-4F45-942B-DF9FA4B9E944.png

• Agree 1

I'm sure all the best F1 teams order boxes of random parts hoping there might be something in the box they need 🙄