Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I can't be the only one

Recommended Posts

I cannot surely be the only one that is frustrated that stages such as Monaco, Sweden & Germany are now DLC for the game. The Deluxe edition also suggests  that there are another 3 stages coming which I can only assume are the remaining 3 stages from the original game, which would be Greece, Wales & Finland.

I supported and backed Dirt Rally 1.0 (Much like the majority of this community) entrusting the developers/publisher to deliver a superior Rally title of which they did and expected GREAT things with the next game (Back then if they ever made it) I didn't expect them to slap me in the face with content which is now behind a paywall.

I understand people really love this game I too enjoy it but I can't help but feel really disappointed and upset that they are trying to pass off what was Core stages as new DLC.

IMO these stages should have been in the game from release.

 

 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can appreciate your POV on this, but a lot of work would have gone into getting these rallies up to spec for the new game, so I can see why they would charge for these. Also, if the game had released with these rallies in place of those we have now then I think there would have been an even bigger uproar.

Honestly, my small issue would be that I would prefer to have new rallies- Safari specifically- as I am not really all that enthused about playing on stages that I already know, but I am still interested to see how the changes on the DR1 stages will come out.

Either way, at least the game is pretty good right now, and sure to get better... so I would have to pay if I want to play Wales etc, but I also have the choice not to- I think this is a pretty good situation to be, really. I can choose.

I know alot of people will disagree with me on my POV, and thats fine. I just think we need to appreciate what codemasters have given us here- one hell of a game with a very long life span of improvements and support ahead.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for me the problem of remastered stages is a nonproblem...............  the problem is they don't include them in career mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   shame on you @codemasters!!!!!!!!!

Edited by teknoid85
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

for me the problem of remastered stages is a nonproblem...............  the problem is they don't include them in career mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   shame on you @codemasters!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean? Will the DLC not be incorporated into a persons career mode once they have been bought?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I disagree with you OP. There's a budget and resources that they're working within and it's not like they could just swap those to make an additional set of new locations.

 

I think the optics may have been better if they included the upgraded stages in the base game, not included one of the new locations (like Argentina) and included one new location per 'season' instead, but the way they have done it (with everyone having the new locations regardless and upgraded older locations for people who want them) is very consumer-friendly and they announced this well before the game was released.

 

And also, I want to try these upgraded stages with the improvements made in DR2. I'm enjoying the physics much more and I really hope to see the Finnish, Welsh and Greek stages updated too.

 

I also want to see as many unique KMs in game as possible and this seems to be the most efficient way to do that. 

 

However, I will be very frustrated if there is no plan to bring these new locations into the career mode and would like to know if this is in the plan and whether we're looking at weeks, months or if not at all.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have remastered stages as DLC than no DLC at all. 

 

But then again I feel it's unfair for me to join in this debate, as I didn't pay for my deluxe edition.

 

So carry on

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
If Sweden, Monte Carlo, Germany, Finland and Wales are added, does that mean that all stages of these countries are the same as in Dirt Rally 1? Or at least the routes are changed?

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst thing for me is they are now putting out vids for DLC while the game is an absolute mess and they refuse to talk to their paying customers about what they are working on for a patch infact communication has been that bad from Codemasters we dont even know if they are working on a patch all we know is they are working on DLC. Kick in the teeth tbh.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

The worst thing for me is they are now putting out vids for DLC while the game is an absolute mess and they refuse to talk to their paying customers about what they are working on for a patch infact communication has been that bad from Codemasters we dont even know if they are working on a patch all we know is they are working on DLC. Kick in the teeth tbh.

I did see a statement that they had recognised the concerns and are working on them, which is something. I am sure they are working hard on it and will have a patch out soon but, in my opinion, the base game isn't bad at all- I am liking it.

They had committed to this DLC long before now so no doubt they have a schedule to keep to so they are right in prioritising this to a degree, and building the hype. If they backed out of that now could you imagine the S**t storm they would be in for.

Yes, I want to see improvements sooner rather than later, but I have bought the game now so what does it really matter if I wait a few weeks for them. I'm content to enjoy the game now, knowing that it has a brighter future- literally in the case of the shadows.

I bet the patch will be out soon, so I would urge decorum now as all of the issue have been stated time and time again and are well known to us and codemasters. We run this risk of looking petulant if we keep on flogging this horse instead of giving them a chance to get the patch done- the game has only been out a few weeks.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd want to see these so called upgraded stages, I still feel that selling them on as DLC for me is just a weak move from the team. A decision was made at one point to cut out great stages from the original game and to sell it off as new content.

Although if they are completely brand new tracks with these stages I can understand, However if they are simply re-adding them in then I can only feel disappointed that a decision was made to not include these in the base game. It would have been a good gesture for the support over the years, The fact that Dirt Rally even got off the ground was because of the community.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tr222 said:
 

If Sweden, Monte Carlo, Germany, Finland and Wales are added, does that mean that all stages of these countries are the same as in Dirt Rally 1? Or at least the routes are changed?

 

 

I imagine they would be the same, save for the odd tweak.

The stages were pretty awesome as they were so there is no point fixing what ain't broke. Of course, though, this is pure speculation on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrMeow said:

As much as I'd want to see these so called upgraded stages, I still feel that selling them on as DLC for me is just a weak move from the team. A decision was made at one point to cut out great stages from the original game and to sell it off as new content.

Although if they are completely brand new tracks with these stages I can understand, However if they are simply re-adding them in then I can only feel disappointed that a decision was made to not include these in the base game. It would have been a good gesture for the support over the years, The fact that Dirt Rally even got off the ground was because of the community.

 

I imagine this would depend on the price of DLC- maybe this might even be affected by prior ownership of DR1- we see it unlockables all the time, where if you have owned a previous game in the series you automatically unlock stuff in the next game. Again this is pure speculation, but I have faith in Codemasters, I think they will treat their loyal fans and customers right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

I imagine this would depend on the price of DLC- maybe this might even be affected by prior ownership of DR1- we see it unlockables all the time, where if you have owned a previous game in the series you automatically unlock stuff in the next game. Again this is pure speculation, but I have faith in Codemasters, I think they will treat their loyal fans and customers right.

I'm still waiting to see if they will treat their loyal fans, As of right now I don't feel like I'm being treated well at all.

As of right now the upgrade to the Deluxe edition is still sitting at £24.99 on Steam with no discount, I believe if they wanted to discount it for previous owners i believe it would already have one.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrMeow said:

I'm still waiting to see if they will treat their loyal fans, As of right now I don't feel like I'm being treated well at all.

As of right now the upgrade to the Deluxe edition is still sitting at £24.99 on Steam with no discount, I believe if they wanted to discount it for previous owners i believe it would already have one.

*****... that is kinda expensive- I just bought the base game as the deluxe really didn't offer me anything interesting. But the DLC is a different matter because it will consist of the same subject matter for those who already own DR1... just re-imagined. So it would be advantageous for Codemaster to offer an incentive for those people to buy the DLC other than relying on the re-imagining alone to sell it.

Again, this is speculation. As if you look at titles like Call of Duty- they re-imagine maps all the time and charge full price for all customer. So who really knows. I just think we are all a little too quick to jump on Codemasters for all of this.

Yes, I prefer games that are perfect and complete upon release- coming from the era when patches couldn't be implemented due to restricting lack of infrastructure- but we find ourselves in a different era where we can now have patches and DLC, so developers don't have to spend quite as much time polishing. The downside is unfinished games- the upside is better content and fixes for all bugs over time. And we have the choice to spend the extra money. Personally, I am just grateful that they dont have microtransactions and loot boxes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, MrMeow said:

As much as I'd want to see these so called upgraded stages, I still feel that selling them on as DLC for me is just a weak move from the team. A decision was made at one point to cut out great stages from the original game and to sell it off as new content.

Although if they are completely brand new tracks with these stages I can understand, However if they are simply re-adding them in then I can only feel disappointed that a decision was made to not include these in the base game. It would have been a good gesture for the support over the years, The fact that Dirt Rally even got off the ground was because of the community.

 

I think its the best they could´ve done. Many people have already played these stages forever in DR1 and although i am really happy to see them coming back, i could understand you dont want to play them again even with the new physics, cars and graphics. So if you dont want to play them, dont buy the DLC. If you only want the cars from DLC, you can buy them seperately. if they were in the base game (Even together with the 6 current new stages) people would complain it has 6 new ones and 6 old ones, although thats 4 times the stages DR1 had on Early access release, and double that of the full release.

 

Edited by paint21
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, paint21 said:

Nobody has ever confirmed that, just speculation from your part..

I think its the best they could´ve done. Many people have already played these stages forever in DR1 and although i am really happy to see them coming back, i could understand you dont want to play them again even with the new physics, cars and graphics. So if you dont want to play them, dont buy the DLC. If you only want the cars from DLC, you can buy them seperately. if they were in the base game (Even together with the 6 current new stages) people would complain it has 6 new ones and 6 old ones, although thats 4 times the stages DR1 had on Early access release, and double that of the full release.

 

This is what I was driving at... you just said it much more eloquently. Well put, sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has already been confirmed that it will be the exact same DR1 stages.

My view is that it actually is totally OK to remaster the old ones and charge for them as there is some effort required to remaster them so expenses have to be compensated. There was a significant request for this by the community. 

My problem with this whole strategy is this: You announce a game with 6 new locations, and you announce that there will be continuous support for at least 6 months after release including additional locations. What does everyone think? That they will ONLY get old content remastered? Of course not! Naive people will think it will only be new locations, while more sensible people will think "OK there will be some old content mixed in with new content because it makes sense from a business perspective". And what do we get?

And here is where management failed. They should have thrown SOMETHING new in the DLC mix to not disappoint the majority. Like 1 new location and 2 old ones. Or  one new stage per old location. This would resonate greatly with both DR1 veterans as well as newcomers. But they chose the least effort and they chose to disappoint DR1 veterans.

Edited by bbbwww
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can't be the only one" is not a subject. Come now chaps, just because we live in the age of clickbait titles doesn't mean we have to sink to their level, we're better than that. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cortextual said:

"I can't be the only one" is not a subject. Come now chaps, just because we live in the age of clickbait titles doesn't mean we have to sink to their level, we're better than that. 

Click >here< for a totally outrageous answer to your statement. Plus free t-shirts...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not upset with the recollection of stages. It's a nice revisit. However, I'm wishing that in the future we can see new stages added to these rallies coming back from DR1 and maybe a few extra ones for DR2, as it has been requested a lot in the past. And there's at least 1 big stage that can be added to each rally. Bold rallies are the ones from DR1 in which a new stage per each would be ideal and would prioritize in case this ever happens.

  1. Monte Carlo - Sisteron
  2. Sweden - the one with a long straight downhill some jumps, I don't know its name. (Check video at 16:13). Or any other long one.
  3. Spain - Viladrau (the stage with the famous bridge hairpin)
  4. Argentina - stage with the big splash near Santa Rosa Calamachita
  5. Greece - another long stage (don't know names)
  6. New Zealand - while I'm happy with the current ones, another long stage would be nice
  7. Finland - Another long stage besides Ouninpohja, there a few others
  8. Australia - Bunnings Jumps stage (with the famous Colin jump with the Subaru in 97)
  9. Wales GB - Wales' final stage for years, Margram's Park where Sainz's Corolla blew up, where Petter Solberg won the 2003 championship vs Loeb and where Burns won McRae in 2001.
  10. ADAC Deutschland - Long vineyards stage.
  11. USA Michigan - Not sure what to put here due to lack of history
  12. Poland - Not sure what to put here either, but there are more stages run there.

Last but not least, I'm expecting to see at least 1 more tarmac rally, if not 2: Corsica and Italy San Remo. As well as the gravel rally that has been missing so far, Portugal.

Besides bug fixing, there's still a lot to do and a lot of money to be made.

 

 

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Im not upset with the recollection of stages. It's a nice revisit. However, I'm wishing that in the future we can see new stages added to these rallies coming back from DR1 and maybe a few extra ones for DR2, as it has been requested a lot in the past. And there's at least 1 big stage that can be added to each rally. Bold rallies are the ones from DR1 in which a new stage per each would be ideal and would prioritize in case this ever happens.

  1. Monte Carlo - Sisteron
  2. Sweden - the one with a long straight downhill some jumps, I don't know its name. (Check video at 16:13). Or any other long one.
  Hide contents
Argentina - stage with the big splash near Santa Rosa Calamachita Greece - not sure what to add here, but I'm sure theres one more long stage here that can be added New Zealand - while I'm happy with the current ones, another long stage would be nice Finland - Another long stage besides Ouninpohja, there a few others. Australia - Bunnings Jumps stage Wales GB - Wales' final stage for years, Margram's Park. USA Michigan - Not really sure what to put here as it barely has history that I know of. Maybe leave it as is lol. ADAC Deutschland - Long vineyard stage. Poland - not sure what to add here.

Spain - Viladrau (famous stage with the bridge hairpin)

Ah, I love that stage in Sweden... I remember watching McRae fly over those jumps, getting the car at all sorts of funny angles- not sure what the stage is called, but I would give my left nut to drive it. (It's not Colins Crest, before anyone says so).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

Ah, I love that stage in Sweden... I remember watching McRae fly over those jumps, getting the car at all sorts of funny angles- not sure what the stage is called, but I would give my left nut to drive it. (It's not Colins Crest, before anyone says so).

Apparently the spoiler ruined the list, I've edited the post and inserted the video properly. I think it's that stage, check it out, but I'm not sure though. I just remember Makinen and Sainz going flat out on it.

Perhaps it's the one in 13:20 and not 16:13

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggs said:

Apparently the spoiler ruined the list, I've edited the post and inserted the video properly. I think it's that stage, check it out, but I'm not sure though. I just remember Makinen and Sainz going flat out on it.

Kinda weird coincidence but I was watching this exact season review last night. I have been working my way through all reviews from 1992 onwards.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't surprise me if season 2 was Rally cross focused and the three locations will be tracks. There are currently 4 remaining tracks missing from the 2019 RX calendar.

My bet is this will be made up of RX cars, and three of these tracks (Maybe the last a bonus). 

 

Cristina's blog says "Season 1 focuses purely on Rally...' Makes me think Season 2 won't, possibly a mix? We'll see I suppose.

Edited by DozUK
change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Should have"

"Slap me in the face"

The entitlement mentality is strong in this one.

Move to a communist country and let us know how awesome the rally game software is pleaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×