Sign in to follow this  

Question for Chris Groves

Hi Chris,

In spite of my seemingly endless unhappiness with the game lately, I must admit it does give me pleasure and I'm banking on the forthcoming update to resolve a lot of problems that have been aired on this forum. However one thing still concerns me and it revolves around the games long term goals or to put it another way, it's overall longevity. Why should we keep playing? I have reached 9,999. I have a enough parts for my car to be very powerful and when Events end it's back to the monotony of single lap races. Why is there no mode in which we can compete in an F1 type competition? You are, after all, the only "official" game representing the sport, yet you don't have any long form races or a Championship mode mirroring the sport you represent. Progressing through the Leagues is fine, but why is League 1, the ceiling? Where are the challenges for those of us who have put the time (and money) into reaching the top? Is there any kind of proposed development underway to expand the game in the areas I suggested, or indeed in any new areas?

Cheers,

Slayton 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slayton said:

Hi Chris,

In spite of my seemingly endless unhappiness with the game lately, I must admit it does give me pleasure and I'm banking on the forthcoming update to resolve a lot of problems that have been aired on this forum. However one thing still concerns me and it revolves around the games long term goals or to put it another way, it's overall longevity. Why should we keep playing? I have reached 9,999. I have a enough parts for my car to be very powerful and when Events end it's back to the monotony of single lap races. Why is there no mode in which we can compete in an F1 type competition? You are, after all, the only "official" game representing the sport, yet you don't have any long form races or a Championship mode mirroring the sport you represent. Progressing through the Leagues is fine, but why is League 1, the ceiling? Where are the challenges for those of us who have put the time (and money) into reaching the top? Is there any kind of proposed development underway to expand the game in the areas I suggested, or indeed in any new areas?

Cheers,

Slayton 

I think i finally get it! After they “tweeked” the setting for the Grid starts it is a little more competitive  i have actually won a few grid starts. Here is how its done boys. If you are lucky enough to start in front of your opponent just cut him off immediately and then block him and run him to the grass. I actually like this. Being a former racer myself i was never able to race this way. Of course my SR rating is in the tank but that also lets me race against other bangers ! Yea! Suggestion though. Please add an Machine gun option so we can shoot at each other too. Maybe some bananna  peels to drop also. This game is in the tank so might as well make it more like Mario Kart so at least you keep the kids. Good luck 

• Haha 1

Grid starts are similar to launching from a stop light in heavy traffic where there is an a$$ whole BMW driver trying to get around you, swerving in and out cutting everyone off and passing on the right 😜

Winning grid races is possible and a good challange but got old quickly so I'm quitting most of thrm which also seems to keep my SR in the green.

MarioKart option would be cool for Monaco...