Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stage analysis - career mode

Working my way through career mode: it's getting depressing.

25% stages daylight, dry (sort of...some dusk)

25% stages night, dry

25% stages daylight, wet (sort of...some dusk)

25% stages night, wet.

So fully 3/4 of the stages are run in less than ideal conditions. Come on!

What happened to the fast, flowing DR stages? Now we shuffle along in 2nd and 3rd gear over tight, twisty roads. Tedious at best.

Stop crying and learn to drive and settle your cars in all conditions :classic_wink:, that's  the real Rally-sport !

You can hone your skills in the tough ass dark rain racing (which you seem to think is what the real rally sport is) while i stopped playing the game completely until this gets toned down a lot... why should i spend time with it that i don‘t enjoy?

you do what you do and others do alike or they don‘t...

Well, i've just finished a Clubman championship and during the final 24 stages I had just 4 that weren't at night or raining. I'm cool with the whole difficulty thing but it can get a bit tedious being dealt two consecutive/long night time stages and knowing full well that on the second of those stages you'll be driving with damaged, flickering or completely missing headlights. Sure, if the game insists on throwing a continuation of the most difficult scenarios then if nothing else please give the option to repair the lights after each stage - even if it means taking a penalty.

The game is hard enough (visibility wise) so it makes absolutely no sense compounding these issues at every available opportunity.

I was at a restaurant the other day and the server asked me, “Would you care for some dense fog with your wine?”

OP

As far as I can work out, each stage has day, sunset, dusk and night and the game cycles through these in order.

The weather is then completely randomly chosen from what's available at that time of day (you can see all the options in custom mode).

I completely agree with you about both of these points and hope they come up with something closer to Dirt 4 in this regard. Add some weather 'patterns' to follow and at least introduce morning, noon and afternoon to the time cycles.

Regarding the stages, I'm not in agreement there. Each location matches the character of the real life rally there and I think they complement the DR1 locations (hopefully all of which will be added) perfectly IMO. Some of the new stages have frighteningly fast sections where you need a lot of nerve and car control, especially Poland but sections of Australia, New Zealand and USA too. DR1 only had a couple of really nerve wracking bits like this; I remember the downhill into the Sweet Lamb bowl in particular.