Sign in to follow this  

Australia event

As I'm sure everyone else is, I'm practicing like crazy for the (hopefully) upcoming Australia event.

On the 3 lap practice I'm having about 12 to 13 seconds to my final time.  Why the HELL does it do that!!!!

Anyone else seen that?

No, I'm not practising like crazy because, what for? Now about your question. Can you be more specific about "I'm having 12 to 13 seconds to my final time?" Are you having 12 to 13 seconds added per lap? Are you having 12 to 13 seconds added over the course of three laps? Maybe you are having 12 to 13 seconds deducted? You didn't really make it clear.

Tired of the game screwing me over so I'm binging Formula 1: Drive to Survive on NetFlix, much more enjoyable use of my time.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, slayton said:

No, I'm not practising like crazy because, what for? Now about your question. Can you be more specific about "I'm having 12 to 13 seconds to my final time?" Are you having 12 to 13 seconds added per lap? Are you having 12 to 13 seconds added over the course of three laps? Maybe you are having 12 to 13 seconds deducted? You didn't really make it clear.

Sorry, wasn't clear at all was I :classic_wacko:

On a 3 lap run Im crossing the line in about 03:58:xx but the results screen (sorry don't have a screen shot) shows as 04:11:xx

1 hour ago, TH61 said:

Sorry, wasn't clear at all was I :classic_wacko:

On a 3 lap run Im crossing the line in about 03:58:xx but the results screen (sorry don't have a screen shot) shows as 04:11:xx

But what's your best lap time?

IMG_6801.jpg.50a307e14d57979313020bf76e38a422.jpg

My track records give me a 1:10, but that's got to be an error.  I don't remember that at all and Im getting nowhere near that time.

Wow! I wish I could say well done, but I don't think a top speed of 362kp/h is even possible at Melbourne. So, no I don't think you're going to achieve that time. But when the Event starts, don't be surprised when someone does a time like that or better. Cheats find short cuts or loopholes.

51 minutes ago, slayton said:

Wow! I wish I could say well done, but I don't think a top speed of 362kp/h is even possible at Melbourne. So, no I don't think you're going to achieve that time. But when the Event starts, don't be surprised when someone does a time like that or better. Cheats find short cuts or loopholes.

No, I'm not going to achieve those times, on a 1 lap run I'm doing 1:15 to 1:17. 

And yes I agree with you, the cheats will find some shortcut or other.  I can't see it on this track, but for sure they will.

The only thing I can say about the speed, is that if, and it's a bloody big if, I get everything right coming up to the sector 3 DRS, I can already be in 8th gear before the DRS point, so you do fly round that little section when you hit the button

Not sure why we're even going this fast. Lewis Hamilton last year holds the record at 1:21.