My Thrustmaster TX/T300 and T3PA Settings

Thought I would share my settings. Please note that I use a brake mod (no load-cell) on my T3PA pedals and I have the 599XX Evo 30 wheel rim.

The settings can all be adjusted +-5 and still be good (ffb maybe even +-10). Though I find the chosen values the best

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Linearity: 35
Steering Saturation: 20   
Throttle Deadzone: 5
Throttle Linearity: 100
Throttle Saturation: 00
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Linearity: 0
Brake Saturation: 15

FFB Strength: 95
On Track Effects: 5
Rumblestrip Effects: 30
Off Track Effects: 20
Wheel Damper: 0
Understeer Enhance: On
Maximum Wheel Rotation: 360

Braking Assist: Off
Anti-Lock Brakes: On  
Traction Control: Medium

If I turn traction control off I would probably adjust throttle linearity down to the 0-35 range and maybe adjust throttle deadzone in the same range.

Turning anti-lock brakes off doesn't affect the settings much.

Hopefully somebody will find this info helpful at least as a starting point.

Posted (edited)

I have continued to test settings for my wheel and pedals. This time I made sure to try on all tracks, and tested on both dry, intermediate and full wet tires.

I also tested out with no assists. Apparently this is no go for me (specifically TC off). I suck at it! But I tried to find settings that I had to adjust as little as possible when changing assists between on and off, and ended up with just one value (braking linearity) I have to adjust when using ABS or not. If I were less lazy I could probably leave this settings at the assists off value, but alas.

The settings are all a compromise of course. Bigger than before since they have to work in more conditions. I tried to find what I drive the safest with, but still fast enough. First the range that works fine, and then my actual current value in square brakets [].

Better drivers could adjust to whatever settings, I suppose, but I'm not one of them. I am decent though, around top 10-30 percent on most time trials with default setting, for what it's worth. Still, around 2 seconds up to the fastest guys so take what I suggest with a pinch of salt. Oh I forgot I also run a throttle mod, 0,7 kg/mm spring. And the brake mod cone I use measures 50 Sure).

Steering Linearity: 35+-10 [40]
Steering Saturation: 15+-10 [20]
Throttle Deadzone: 20+-5 [20]
Throttle Saturation: 0
Brake Linearity: 0 (ABS on) | 100 (ABS off)
Brake Saturation: 35+-5 [35]

FFB Strength: 95+-10 [90]
On Track Effects: 5+-5 [10]
Rumblestrip Effects: 30
Off Track Effects: 20
Wheel Damper: 0 [0]

Edited by Trudd
Missing punctuation...

I would like to add that though it might be tempting to go for SL 35 and SS 15 or SL 30 and SS 10 I recommend to actually try SL 40 and SS 20 for some time. When starting out testing the lighter settings feel better, more immediate, tighter, and is tempting to keep. But if you give it time so you can adjust, the higher settings is as quick, and gives more leeway when on the limit and after a while more relaxing. And that can be a welcome bonus when racing online. 😄

Since these forums/fora doesn't seem to overflow with activity I thought I would at least do my part and post. :classic_ninja:

I made some final adjustments and really hope these are my final ones. I have no complaint what so ever. And since I sort of abandoned the no assists path I didn't need to compromise as much.

Just as before the SL and SS settings goes in pairs, eg SL 40 and SS 5, SL 45 and SS 10, SL 50 and SS 15.

Steering Linearity: 45+-10 [45]
Steering Saturation: 10+-10 [10]
Throttle Deadzone: 0 | 20 (TC off)
Throttle Saturation: 0
Brake Linearity: 0 (ABS on) | 100 (ABS off)
Brake Saturation: 35+-5 [35]

FFB Strength: 90+-10 [90]
On Track Effects: 5+-5 [5]
Rumblestrip Effects: 25
Off Track Effects: 15

Posted (edited)

Ok I realize my trustworthiness regarding this is starting to wear thin since I keep posting different settings.

I can only say that I try the best I can and have put a lot of effort into trying out many different configuration in my pursuit to find something that just feel right and great and still allows me to drive safe and fast. Since I've done the work I might as well post the results. Easy enough to try it out and discard if not your cup of tea.

Steering Linearity: 40+-2 [40]
Steering Saturation: 20+-2 [20]
Brake Saturation: 16+-4 [16]

FFB Strength: 106+-4 [106]
On Track Effects: 5+-2 [5]

All other settings default.

If you want to test SL and SS yourself I recommend turning on the racing line (while testing) and try not to deviate from it during the laps you do. Tracks that are great for testing this at high speed are Mexico and China and at low Monaco and Baku, Melbourne is kind of both worlds as well as COTA and Canada. Silverstone and Spa are great for simply trying to take the first corner (silver) and raidillon (spa) flat out and live to tell the tale. :classic_biggrin:

China and Monaco and Spa are also all especially great at testing FFB on.

Finally I'm afraid I have to conclude that throttle and brake settings are really hard to find anything that can be useful for other due to my set being modded. I can hardly find anything working for my own pedal set! But I posted what I wound up with in the end anyway.

Edited by Trudd

Posted (edited)

Anyway...

Since the main thing for me is that the steering ratio is correct, i.e. SL, I concluded with my (very limited) mathematical skills that SL 40 and SS 20 are basically the same as SL 20.

And as mentioned earlier I have had a hard time finding good FFB settings and since I did some adjustments to the steering I had to re-test the FFB as well.

These will probably be my last changes. I'm happy with the settings, and I'm have spent way way too much time on this already.

Steering Linearity: 22+-1 [22]
Brake Saturation: 20+-1 [20]

FFB Strength: 94+-2 [94]
On Track Effects: 5+-2 [5]
Wheel Damper: 1+-1 [0]

All other settings default.

Edited by Trudd
Typos

On 4/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, Trudd said:

Since these forums/fora doesn't seem to overflow with activity I thought I would at least do my part and post. :classic_ninja:

Forums is already incorrectly plural. This is a forum.

Well if we are playing that game I was referring to all the forums at Codemasters (as can be seen in the url actually), not just the f1 forum. Semantics I guess. I thought I would include both plural forms to avoid people nitpicking, but I guess that failed unexpectedly. 😛

Not saying that I don't make mistakes, English is not my native language after all. I actually appreciate the feedback. :classic_smile: