Any news on the patch, tomorrow is content day?

Posted (edited)

DLC is out but us deluxe owners cant have it yet, lol, we paid for content we cant have on the day it drops. 

im kinda worried about a patch at this point, just wonder how they will mess it up, lol  

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

we need to make them realise they can not laugh in our face.

I don't think it's a case of anyone laughing in anyone else's face. I think it's a situation of a software company struggling to get the game they wanted out exactly at day one. Then having to manage the massive headaches involving an online element, which seems to be so necessary nowadays. How is this unusual? We know there is a patch coming. If they tell us what's in it, there will be screams and wails, as not everybody will be pleased. And how do we know CM are not trying to fit as much as they can into the patch? If they announce a certain fix, do they know they can deliver it yet?

I do not support any of the 'I wuz ripped off and I demand fixes or compensation or whatever' arguments. Who forced you to purchase a pre-order? We were all free to wait until release, read a few reviews, read the forums, watch some youtube videos, wait for a patch, whatever. Hey, I'm waiting desperately for a patch to address the issues I want addressed, so I can play this MF like there's no tomorrow. But there are 50,000 other videogames to spend your money on if you don't like this. By all means we should point out what sucks and what doesn't, but I can not support this entitlement mentality. Take a look at No Man's Sky players. People went insane, there were death threats, etc. All because of entitlement mentality. It doesn't matter what was promised, because nobody forced anyone to buy on day one, without waiting to confirm with reviews etc as to what they were getting.

The patient NMS players waited over a year. And now they have an experience which is just incredible.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 6

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

I don't think it's a case of anyone laughing in anyone else's face. I think it's a situation of a software company struggling to get the game they wanted out exactly at day one. Then having to manage the massive headaches involving an online element, which seems to be so necessary nowadays. How is this unusual? We know there is a patch coming. If they tell us what's in it, there will be screams and wails, as not everybody will be pleased. And how do we know CM are not trying to fit as much as they can into the patch? If they announce a certain fix, do they know they can deliver it yet?

I do not support any of the 'I wuz ripped off and I demand fixes or compensation or whatever' arguments. Who forced you to purchase a pre-order? We were all free to wait until release, read a few reviews, read the forums, watch some youtube videos, wait for a patch, whatever. Hey, I'm waiting desperately for a patch to address the issues I want addressed, so I can play this MF like there's no tomorrow. But there are 50,000 other videogames to spend your money on if you don't like this. By all means we should point out what sucks and what doesn't, but I can not support this entitlement mentality. Take a look at No Man's Sky players. People went insane, there were death threats, etc. All because of entitlement mentality. It doesn't matter what was promised, because nobody forced anyone to buy on day one, without waiting to confirm with reviews etc as to what they were getting.

The patient NMS players waited over a year. And now they have an experience which is just incredible.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, but if you think about the pizza example again, if I see a nice picture of a pizza in a restaurant leaflet I might think the pizza look nice and I will try it. If they forget to put it in the oven for more than 2 minutes and it's still raw I would be complaining. They will probably apologize and maybe offer me a free drink. It would be very different if they say "oh, I see, the pizza is raw... please sit on this bigger table to eat your raw pizza, we will look to see if there is a problem with the oven". By the way the pizza costs £70 in this example and they told me that the desert is included but not which one (so I may or may not like it).

In Codemasters game you could probably argue about false advertising with the wheel thing and how awesome was going to be, or about some things like online requirements not being explained clearly from the beginning. And hopefully the previous sentence is wrong and the did everything with the best intention, not wanting to sell more, then I take the company is struggling to deliver the game they wanted. People can buy another game, wait for the patch, understand Codemasters, but the customer is always right to complain in situations like this. Developers can be mistakes (very big some times) and I understand that because I make them every so often, but if I promised something and the customer is giving me their money I deliver, because otherwise that customer is gone.

People goes over the moon sometimes with all the social media stuff, and that's not something I support, but if you feel cheated I understand people wanting something back.

PD: I'm sure developers are doing an awesome work, at the end of the day they just do what they are told to. But the communication is good when they want to (before release) and missing when they want to (after release).

Edit to say I'm a happy girl, just annoyed about the situation with people who spent their money and they get problems every single day. I love rally!

Edited by CodingRacer
Mood
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

If the game is not ready several options are available.

• delay the release
  • label it as a beta period
  • Announce Force feedback, online have not been fleshed and present a timeline thier priority to fix those things
  • Announce a formal apology!
  • Digital extremes for example pretty much pull all nighters when they've got a very broken build and keep people informed almost hourly via twitter/forums.

Where are the staff in these matters? All tight lipped, even when people ask directly on codemasters own they're left with silence.

We often see even established companies and developers aswell as indie developers run free beta weekends to stress test thier servers before the crucial release. The fact Codemasters are taking so many shortcuts here suggests a severe lack professionalism and respect for customers.

Lets compare and look at how Nintendo behaved towards problems with Metroid Prime 4. None of this air of silence and release a broken product.

15 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

All because of entitlement mentality.

So insulting and attacking us as entitled? People spent thier hard earned money on this game, rigs, setups I think that deserves respect. Theres been absolutely no transparency at all. People paid money for something that didnt meet and still to this day isnt performing to minimal expectations. The minimal expectations werent much btw just an upgraded Dirt Rally 1. Instead we got all these new systems that dont work

• Like 2
  • Agree 11

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LittleApple said:

So insulting and attacking us as entitled?

I'm 'attacking' only that minority of people who are demanding compensation or otherwise basing their complaints in a manner suggesting entitlement. You're pretty close to that here:

12 minutes ago, LittleApple said:

People spent thier hard earned money on this game, rigs, setups I think that deserves respect. Theres been absolutely no transparency at all. People paid money for something that didnt meet and still to this day isnt performing to minimal expectations. The minimal expectations werent much btw just an upgraded Dirt Rally 1. Instead we got all these new systems that dont work

'Transparency'? What do you mean there? The thing owed by government departments to their electors, because those departments are a monopoly? Hate to break it to you, but there is no 'transparency' owed by anyone in the marketplace. If you mean better communication, sure that would perhaps help their sales. Or perhaps not. It's up to them to decide. But they sure do not owe anybody anything.

So people spent money on rigs. Who in the hell forced them to spend that money before a game is even released?

Edited by Jake Cushing
clarity
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

As for @CodingRacer 's pizza argument, well, I see where you're coming from, but a multi-million dollar piece of software isn't like a pizza. They can't just crank out another one while you wait at a table a few minutes. And the pizza company can always offer a refund, which I believe you are entitled to on Steam (but not consoles I gather).

Anyhow, let's get back on this topic in a week (my guess) after the first patch, then we can actually discuss rally! 🙂

I don`t want to go into discussion about refunding and such. A game is a big piece of software and there will be bugs. Now how you address them is another matter, and this is the part that makes consumers frustrated. There is something called hypercare period in software development (maybe in other areas too) where you plan and prepare for prompt response to incoming bugs and issues. Part of the hypercare is customer communication, which in crucial. I believe this is the part most consumers are most frustrated about. Not knowing what will be fixed or if it will even be fixed at all. 

And after buying Deluxe edition which brings me the perks of new DLC`s as soon as they come out - only to find out bug prevented me from getting the said content, whereas regular customers could just buy it and play immediately. That makes me question my decision of buying Deluxe edition in the first place. I`m not asking for a refund, I`m lucky enough to be able to afford it without taking the "food from the table", but lack of transparency, or at least honesty and acknowledgment, does leave a bitter taste in mouth.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, ch3sty said:

DLC is out but us deluxe owners cant have it yet, lol, we paid for content we cant have on the day it drops. 

im kinda worried about a patch at this point, just wonder how they will mess it up, lol  

Dirt Rally 1 had alot of issues just like DR2.0 on release. Don't Codemasters learn from past mistakes?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

But they sure do not owe anybody anything. 

If you have paid money for a product, then the vendor owes you that product.

• Agree 2

I'd just like to know if Codemasters will be offering the same level of support to console gamers as they are with PC because we already have an inferior product (as well as already being an update behind) and I'd hate to think that gap was going to widen even further.

At the end of the day I have a boxed (physical) copy of the game and have no qualms about putting it on the preowned merry-go-round to recoup some of my £31.20 if I feel Codemasters have only PC gamers' interests at heart

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, TheCulac said:

how you address them is another matter, and this is the part that makes consumers frustrated. There is something called hypercare period in software development (maybe in other areas too) where you plan and prepare for prompt response to incoming bugs and issues. Part of the hypercare is customer communication, which in crucial. I believe this is the part most consumers are most frustrated about. Not knowing what will be fixed or if it will even be fixed at all.

I had the same issue with DLC not dropping on time this week. The game is well known, a couple of years old, but new DLC. It was supposed to drop at 8am, my mate got his at 2pm, mine finally dropped at 3am the next day. I didn't go on the forum demanding compensation over it, it happens to every game on the first day of DLC. The bigger the game, the more likely it is to happen and the longer it will take for everybody to get theirs.

4 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I'd just like to know if Codemasters will be offering the same level of support to console gamers as they are with PC because we already have an inferior product (as well as already being an update behind) and I'd hate to think that gap was going to widen even further.

At the end of the day I have a boxed (physical) copy of the game and have no qualms about putting it on the preowned merry-go-round to recoup some of my £31.20 if I feel Codemasters have only PC gamers' interests at heart

Your problem is different. Your problem is MS. They got the patch at the same time as Sony and Steam. Steam released it with the game, MS and Sony check their patches to see if they'll interfere with their own networks and release them when they are happy that everything is OK, standard operating procedure for both companies. Xbox is on the same patch as everyone else.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, CMMcBabe said:

Steam was 1.1 for the preload.  PS4 got it middle of last week.  X1 was updated on Friday.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I had the same issue with DLC not dropping on time this week. The game is well known, a couple of years old, but new DLC. It was supposed to drop at 8am, my mate got his at 2pm, mine finally dropped at 3am the next day. I didn't go on the forum demanding compensation over it, it happens to every game on the first day of DLC. The bigger the game, the more likely it is to happen and the longer it will take for everybody to get theirs.

Your problem is different. Your problem is MS. They got the patch at the same time as Sony and Steam. Steam released it with the game, MS and Sony check their patches to see if they'll interfere with their own networks and release them when they are happy that everything is OK, standard operating procedure for both companies. Xbox is on the same patch as everyone else.

So to clarify. Is V1.0.126.9701 (current console version) is the equivalent to v1.1 on PC or are we still waiting for Microsoft to complete the verification process and release the update? 

Also, just to make sure something hasn't gone hopelessly wrong on my console could someone confirm that 28.2gb is the correct installation size on X1X. Thanks

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

15 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Eh?

Also, have you noticed how the flags are waving even on stages where there's no wind?

Yes, I noticed and I don’t like it. In case you were unaware, that is the FFB issue...(Flag Feedback Bug).

• Haha 6

@BorisTheFrog yes that is the standard version we say that they all have, in my opinion they have made the genius to make a single version for the console and is that of the xbox one x that's why the ps4 pro and the normal xbox one sin on the graphics because the x arrives at 60 fps without problems and is too strong for other consoles.:classic_sleep:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Dirt Rally 1 had alot of issues just like DR2.0 on release. Don't Codemasters learn from past mistakes?

The original Dirt Rally came out as early access, with limited courses and few cars first of all, FFB and other issues were fixed during that early phase.

Other Course's and cars were added over time.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

If I look at the optimization on the PC, even on High End Hardware, and then look that even the standard-model of the PS4 can offer an almost locked 60 at 1080p, with the equivalent of what looks like High-Settings I really wouldn´t go as far and say the PC was the "prefered" platform for the game. I would say it is the other way around. At least in terms of optimization the most work seems to have went into the various console-versions. Yeah I know optimizing a game is far easier on consoles due to the fixed hardware; but having to tone down settings, even on a 1080TI, and STILL getting drops down into the higher 40s/lower 50s at 1080p at certain points is just bad optimization considering the not so huge leap from Dirt Rally 1; which ran at a locked 60 even on my old GTX 770 on max (except Advanced Blending). Especially if I see that the GPU-load drops down to 50-60% in these cases.

And as others already said; all 3 Versions are on the same patch at this point; only the Version-Number on the XBox is a bit different.

Edited by Civarello

13 minutes ago, Civarello said:

If I look at the optimization on the PC, even on High End Hardware, and then look that even the standard-model of the PS4 can offer an almost locked 60 at 1080p, with the equivalent of what looks like High-Settings I really wouldn´t go as far and say the PC was the "prefered" platform for the game. I would say it is the other way around. At least in terms of optimization the most work seems to have went into the various console-versions. Yeah I know optimizing a game is far easier on consoles due to the fixed hardware; but having to tone down settings, even on a 1080TI, and STILL getting drops down into the higher 40s/lower 50s at 1080p at certain points is just bad optimization considering the not so huge leap from Dirt Rally 1; which ran at a locked 60 even on my old GTX 770 on max (except Advanced Blending). Especially if I see that the GPU-load drops down to 50-60% in these cases.

And as others already said; all 3 Versions are on the same patch at this point; only the Version-Number on the XBox is a bit different.

What you on about the PS4 is running the equalivant to high settings? On the PS4 Pro its a blurry mess the full screen looks like a smudge its a terrible looking game and the OG PS4 version defo aint any better so cannot be running the equalivant of high pc settings.

Xbox X might be running high settings.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

What you on about the PS4 is running the equalivant to high settings? On the PS4 Pro its a blurry mess the full screen looks like a smudge its a terrible looking game and the OG PS4 version defo aint any better so cannot be running the equalivant of high pc settings.

Xbox X might be running high settings.

But the game being so blurry is a matter of the resolution (only 1080p on the Pro) and the used Anti-Aliasing it seems. On PC the game is MUCH clearer as well if you turn off TAA; which like FXAA puts a somewhat blurry filter over the picture. With High-Settings I mean stuff like the general texture resolution, Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, Sun-Shafts, Bloom, spectators, cloth, road surface etc. All these things are not responsible for the fact that the game is blurry on the PS4Pro.

Then let´s say it´s a mix between High and Medium on the standard PS4; but it sure ain´t the low settings that Version is using.

I for one can only say that I would prefer a blurry game that runs at a smooth framerate instead of a not-so blurry one that drops frames all the time. But of course neither of those are really a great thing to have.

Edited by Civarello

yes but the problem is that it is really annoying for that it has xbox one s one normal and ps4, and from what they have said it will be placed in a future patch I hope:classic_sleep:

55 minutes ago, Civarello said:

But the game being so blurry is a matter of the resolution (only 1080p on the Pro) and the used Anti-Aliasing it seems. On PC the game is MUCH clearer as well if you turn off TAA; which like FXAA puts a somewhat blurry filter over the picture. With High-Settings I mean stuff like the general texture resolution, Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, Sun-Shafts, Bloom, spectators, cloth, road surface etc. All these things are not responsible for the fact that the game is blurry on the PS4Pro.

Then let´s say it´s a mix between High and Medium on the standard PS4; but it sure ain´t the low settings that Version is using.

I for one can only say that I would prefer a blurry game that runs at a smooth framerate instead of a not-so blurry one that drops frames all the time. But of course neither of those are really a great thing to have.

I dont buy 1080p makes games look blurry, There have been 1000's of games this gen that are 1080p and not blurry in the slightest. Dirt Rally 1 being one of them. On PS4/Pro as well as this awful AA they have used we dont seem to have any AF applied which will also give it that blurry look. When watching vids of the PC and X version you can see definition on the road due while on PS4 honestly is just a smear/smudge. At this point i really dont care about the res i can live with 1080p but they have to change the AA and apply 8x or 16x AF so we can bloody see where we are going! Keeping the AA & AF and upgrading the res to 1440p wont make it any less blurry imo.