Any news on the patch, tomorrow is content day?

as topic, is there any news or response regards patch for :

FFB

Headlights not showing in daytime when you turn on for dark patch on track

Blurred graphics

along with all the other issues?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

Burred graphics

Turn of TAA in graphics settings.

1 minute ago, Pistro said:

Turn of TAA in graphics settings.

We dont have that luxury on consoles. Its not just the AA used though its the lack of any AF on the Pro version too.

Unless.........the DLC is already in the game and it's just an unlock 😯 Hope not

22 minutes ago, DozUK said:

Unless.........the DLC is already in the game and it's just an unlock 😯 Hope not

no, in location folder there aren't  sweden or germany

there isnt a patch tomorrow apparantly i think its next week ? cristina said something earlier on twitter to someone who asked.

58 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

no, in location folder there aren't  sweden or germany

C4 and Fabia are already in the game though aren't they? And we're getting those tomorrow.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chukonu said:

C4 and Fabia are already in the game though aren't they? And we're getting those tomorrow.

i don't know,i've only looked for the locations and they are not present in game root

47 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

there isnt a patch tomorrow apparantly i think its next week ? cristina said something earlier on twitter to someone who asked.

Whts Cristina saying about a patch on twitter or what issues they are fixing?

if you know something about the patch write me here, so we'll get an idea of when the patch will come out:classic_sleep:

3 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Whts Cristina saying about a patch on twitter or what issues they are fixing?

Hope to see a blog update about which issues are being worked on, what's targeted for first patches - not in great detail, just an overview. Comms need to be more transparent IMO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Hope to see a blog update about which issues are being worked on, what's targeted for first patches - not in great detail, just an overview. Comms need to be more transparent IMO.

We are lucky they are not using the usual "We may or may not fix a bug related to a USB device connected to your PC, stay tunned :)".

Since the official release there hasn't been a single update, and still they start selling the content ripped from the original game. This show how broken the DLC nonsense is in the gaming industry. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

12 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

We are lucky they are not using the usual "We may or may not fix a bug related to a USB device connected to your PC, stay tunned :)".

Since the official release there hasn't been a single update, and still they start selling the content ripped from the original game. This show how broken the DLC nonsense is in the gaming industry. 

At 24.99 for xb, 21.99 for ps4 the deluxe content is expensive. I truly think they should reduced this by half to compensate those who want to further DR 2.0

22 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

At 24.99 for xb, 21.99 for ps4 the deluxe content is expensive. I truly think they should reduced this by half to compensate those who want to further DR 2.0

or you could just wait for it to be on sale. You have a choice.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

Well the people working on content aren't the people working on bug fixes, so if the content is done why would you rather wait for a patch to be ready?

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Nowadays everything is a reason to ask for compensation, discount, refund. Getting a bit nonsense. Some people don't realize how hard it is to work on such a project/game. Bug hunting is way more difficult than developing the feature. And we've already got a 1 million credit compensation for the launch issues (deluxe owners), which is a pretty big advance comparing to others.

I'm not saying I prefer a 1 million credit ingame than real life money compensation or whatsoever. But people need to be more patient. This game has just landed, give it time to breathe.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

"Just landed" is a couple of days for me; but the game is out for nearly two weeks; and even longer for the deluxe-owners. I´m really a patient guy and know in software-development it´s not always so easy as some may imagine. But what really grinds my gears is this almost non-existant banter with the community. ESPECIALLY in this very important time, the first couple of weeks after release; where many many people get their first (and most importantly lasting) impression of the game. And IF they say something it´s only as a response, and not something that seems to come because they´re eager to talk the their customers.

So many small Indie-devs do an awesome job communicating with their fans and customers; and it also worked great with Dirt Rally 1 in Early Access. I really don´t get why a LITTLE bit more insight should be too much to ask. And I understand that it doesn´t make the best impression for some when your paid DLC is ready and gets released while the game is still plagued by game-breaking issues (sudden loss of Sound during a Stage, Career-resets, performance problems etc.) 

I really don´t hope Codemasters wants to wait for the console-certification so that all 3 patches can be released at the same time; meaning they´re gonna hold back the PC-update to have some kind of "parity".

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Well the people working on content aren't the people working on bug fixes

What, you're telling me it isn't a 3 man team + Jon & Christina?!? That the art & modeling dev can't also rewrite the entire FFB model for me, spending their entire weekend immediately following launch? The dev's are just lazy, all they have to do is port over all the stuff from DR1! And give us Greece + Wales for free while you're at it, you already have it all designed! 

/s

• Haha 4
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Civarello said:

"Just landed" is a couple of days for me; but the game is out for nearly two weeks; and even longer for the deluxe-owners. I´m really a patient guy and know in software-development it´s not always so easy as some may imagine. But what really grinds my gears is this almost non-existant banter with the community. ESPECIALLY in this very important time, the first couple of weeks after release; where many many people get their first (and most importantly lasting) impression of the game. And IF they say something it´s only as a response, and not something that seems to come because they´re eager to talk the their customers.

So many small Indie-devs do an awesome job communicating with their fans and customers; and it also worked great with Dirt Rally 1 in Early Access. I really don´t get why a LITTLE bit more insight should be too much to ask. And I understand that it doesn´t make the best impression for some when your paid DLC is ready and gets released while the game is still plagued by game-breaking issues (sudden loss of Sound during a Stage, Career-resets, performance problems etc.) 

I really don´t hope Codemasters wants to wait for the console-certification so that all 3 patches can be released at the same time; meaning they´re gonna hold back the PC-update to have some kind of "parity".

I personally don’t care which platform gets updates first, be it PC or otherwise - all good. I play on XB1X and will happily wait for another month if it means the improvements are what we all expect. The last thing I want to have happen is a slapstick fix that improves things but doesn’t  truly fix the issues. As I noted in other threads, I am not even playing 2.0 right now, and am happy tearing $h1t up on DR1...

Take your time Codies, make it RIGHT.

8 hours ago, Riggs said:

Nowadays everything is a reason to ask for compensation, discount, refund. Getting a bit nonsense. Some people don't realize how hard it is to work on such a project/game. Bug hunting is way more difficult than developing the feature. And we've already got a 1 million credit compensation for the launch issues (deluxe owners), which is a pretty big advance comparing to others.

I'm not saying I prefer a 1 million credit ingame than real life money compensation or whatsoever. But people need to be more patient. This game has just landed, give it time to breathe.

Well here it goes my explanation from a developer point of view. I don't know how it works in the gaming industry but in any other similar sized project (in terms of revenue) these times are not admissible.

You can't just go quiet and say to your customers you are working on a patch that will come at some point in the future, and that's even more true when the project has already been paid. Please remember you are the customer and they have made a product/project you have paid for. 

If there is something broken that needs urgent patching and there is a delay re-agreements are made, and that works for software development, game development or when the pizza arrives late. So the client is on its full rights to complaint and ask for a compensation (and giving you one billion ingame credits is not a compensation in anyway).

I can only see a luck of respect for the customer in this situation, and in a normal scenario that client would not work with you again. I know, this is just a game, but we just get quiet because it's just a game, just £70, then they will continue doing what they do. It fine if they think a big percentage are just kids, but some of us have been playing games for decades and we need to make them realise they can not laugh in our face. 

And that's with all the repesct for everyone, but I'm tired of always reading people defending Codemasters as they were on payroll, when in this case they are not acting right. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Disagree 1

When I think back to the disaster that was dirt 4, I platted it in a week and sold it on ebay. 

So there's trophies in this new game that just do not unlock. I tink it's a conscious decision by them to prevent such actions occurring again. Shady business practise if you ask me.

I've got no plans to sell this game because it's good, but I guarantee there are people waiting on the plat before a quick sale on ebay. Less sales on ebay equals more sales at full price and more money for them. It is in their interest to have a broken and un-plat-able game for at least the first couple of months. So don't expect a patch any time soon.

43 minutes ago, LAVAMAN82 said:

When I think back to the disaster that was dirt 4, I platted it in a week and sold it on ebay. 

So there's trophies in this new game that just do not unlock. I tink it's a conscious decision by them to prevent such actions occurring again. Shady business practise if you ask me.

I've got no plans to sell this game because it's good, but I guarantee there are people waiting on the plat before a quick sale on ebay. Less sales on ebay equals more sales at full price and more money for them. It is in their interest to have a broken and un-plat-able game for at least the first couple of months. So don't expect a patch any time soon.

Eh?

Also, have you noticed how the flags are waving even on stages where there's no wind?

1 minute ago, RodgerDavies said:

Eh?

Also, have you noticed how the flags are waving even on stages where there's no wind?

I feel a moon landing conspiracy coming on...