Hotseat Tournament Organiser

Hi all!

I am building a hotseat tournament organiser for my own use. I might release it to the public if it turns out good. I use it to track players times when playing at my home with my rig. I can make a tournament, add stages, players and cars. Then it tracks the time difference between players through the stages. Of course it does not record times automatically but I try to make it as fast and easy as possible to insert them. I can also view recorded times by car, car class and by stage. I made the system to support multiple games, but for now it has Dirt Rally 2 cars and stages ready.

I insert split times, and the system calculates the final time from those. But apparently the split times added together do not add up to the final time? The final time seems to be off by couple fractions of a second. Is it supposed to be that way? Are they supposed to add up?

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLUO said:

insert split times, and the system calculates the final time from those. But apparently the split times added together do not add up to the final time?

Someone actually posted on here the other day this exact issue. It wasn't massive differences IIRC, but small differences. A bit under 1 second difference. I don't think anyone ever figured out the exact reasoning why, but some are guessing rounding errors. Possible, but the discrepancy seems a bit too big especially since the final time is also recorded to the thousandths. My personal guess is that is has something to do with the start/end checkpoint but I couldn't really explain why; call it a programmers gut instinct since that is where all of my "off by one" errors at work normally come from too - the start or end of a dataset.

But this is one more reason we need a true Hotseat mode added into Freeplay!

Mock out leagues/clubs locally, let us enter a #X stages, in #Y events, with #Z drivers. Hell, I won't even ask for us to use different cars or to keep surface deformation. You can literally just treat it as individual time trial instances and just carry over the total times.

Thank you for your responses. I will propably implement the final time as a seperate field, because it is the time that matters. It cannot be processed from split times until something is fixed or changed. I will keep this thread posted if this goes somewhere.