Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No snow/ice rally? In a hardcore rally game?

Sorry, but after finding out this today, along with the always online connection required for single player career in a racing game, plus no RWD Group B cars amongst others, I  have to say I won't be buying it. Not much more I can say really. Apart from no snow/ice in a hardcore rally game. What gives? 

As for an online connection required to play a rally games single player career, I don't think I need to express how ridiculous that is.

However please do feel free to correct me if this is incorrect.

Yes, Sweden and the Monte (if you want to consider the Monte a Snow-Rally in this game) are coming. But only for a price. Doesn´t change the fact that the base-game            doesn´t have one. That´s just one of the things where I can only scratch my head and think "Who comes up with decisions like these"....

Monte is considered to be a snow/ice/tarmac mix, it falls within the category. I agree that not having a snow rally at the base is a bit weird, but then again you'd have these scenarios:

- They add Monte or Sweden: People will rant because of rehashed content in the base game

- They add a snow rally noone really knows or wants, and therefore incurring the risk of not having Sweden (a favourite): People will rant because they wanted Sweden and not some fake snow rally. I mean Michigan already took the slot for the not so known rally. If you had another one, it could be a problem.

This way, all the content in the base game (in terms of rallies) is freshly new and then if people want to buy more content, they can choose to do so. For example, you can buy only Monte Carlo or only Sweden if you wish. It's not being sold exclusively in packs. In the end, it all comes down to the customer's decision wether or not to buy the content, but be conscious that in case your decision of not buying the game is final you'll be a losing a hell of a rally masterpiece and I'm sure you don't want to stay out of the action.

Every game has its own hiccups, no matter the size or the budget of the studio that develops it. GTA V had its own online issues when it came out, and it were many. Safe to say GTA V detains the current budget record for a game developed, which surpasses certain movie budgets from Hollywood. At least until GTA VI gets announced 😄

Gravel handling is excellent. If the cost of this superb handling model for gravel is an extra few weeks to wait whilst they work on the snow content, then it's a small price to pay IMO. 

To be honest, if you're looking at getting the game now there is plenty enough content to keep you entertained until the ice and snow locations are added in 2 and 6 weeks  respectively IMO. I have a long way to go before I'm able to cosider myself competent in the USA in the wet.

Not to mention, the RGT cars are going to be terrifying on ice; loving these so far, although looking forward to hopefully at least four Group B RWD cars to come in future I certainly wouldn't complain at more GTs (especially something mid engined).

If it wasn't for the bugs, people would still be busy with the current content. Monte is just 2 weeks away and I still haven't felt comfortable in the current events.

8 hours ago, Riggs said:

If it wasn't for the bugs, people would still be busy with the current content. 

You do not speak for everyone. Most people are actually “still busy with the current content”.

10 minutes ago, afahoy said:

You do not speak for everyone. Most people are actually “still busy with the current content”.

Yeah, I consider myself pretty fortunate not to have encountered any issues yet (I hope I haven't spoken too soon there!), that said I haven't spent that much time in the career. 

10 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

To be honest, if you're looking at getting the game now there is plenty enough content to keep you entertained until the ice and snow locations are added in 2 and 6 weeks  respectively IMO. I have a long way to go before I'm able to cosider myself competent in the USA in the wet.

Yeah, I'm actually glad of the staggered release of the content as I still have a lot of the Historic Championships to complete and a load more cars to try (and a lot more improvement to make with my driving before attempting snow!). 

I have encountered many of the issues reported, but still haven't given up and have kept playing this amazing game.

I thought it was odd not having a snow rally too. But honestly, if snow was implemented from day one, based on the frequency of rain already, we'd have half the stages being run in the snow, even in Australia and Spain.

Well, picked the game up last week. All in all with the DLC pass I managed to get it for £48 so that's a reasonable price. I'd still prefer it to not require an internet connection just to play career though. You can't even access your garage if Racenet or XBL is down 😡

Anyway, these issues aside, and the fact there's now snow/ice rallies available, if you can get the game for a decent price with all the DLC then yeah I'd recommend it.

Looks lovely on the Xbox One X. In the 4k mode. Runs nicely, except for some odd moments of vsync tearing.

Sounds superb all around.

Plays very nicely.

SteV, join us on Discord, would love to know how you get on - the game's getting more enjoyable IMO, you're getting in at a good point!

I have the Discord app on Android. Absolutely no idea how to use it though 🤣

Click the link in Rodgers signature. That will get you access to our Discord. Then it is a rolling chat thread (DiRTy gossip) and on the left hand side in the tool bar you will find many other channels relating to DiRT Rally 2.0 and beyond.

I don't see his signature. Is this a mobile device thing?