Online lobby connection issues

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice. Recently I've been experiencing some connection issues with F1 2018 lobbies. It's a funny one so please read on.

I have an all Gigabit connection setup. The fastest Virgin Media internet connection they offer (8 ping or less, 200+ download speed, 14+ upload speed - tested on Microsoft Edge via Xbox). My Xbox One S is connected to the internet via a Netgear Gigabit switch (https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS208-100UKS-Gigabit-Ethernet-Desktop/dp/B00AFVB41S/) using 10Gbps cables (minimum Cat.5e). When I test the connection through the Xbox settings menu it says I have a good connection therefore I shouldn't have any issues. However, when I'm in lobbies I always disconnect which I don't understand?

To top things off, switching to WiFi is more stable (:classic_wacko:??)

I'm confused because surely if one of the cables was faulty the Xbox network checker would tell me the signal is poor?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

2 answers to this question

What's your NAT type? You (and all other players) should have open NAT type, otherwise you will get problems like this one.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, SmiX said:

What's your NAT type? You (and all other players) should have open NAT type, otherwise you will get problems like this one.

NAT type is open. Everyone else in the lobby (all my friends) have an open NAT type aswell