Netflix Series F1: Drive to Survive

Posted (edited)

I've only watched the 1st 3 episodes but man alive it's packed full of drama and Codies need to take note of it all and bring it into the future of the F1 series of games.

It really makes you feel the emotion of being in F1 from both an individual pov as a driver battling for the championship or battling your team mate to prove you are better and you are worthy of their backing and better contract and from a team perspective whether it's at the top and needing points, in midfield battling your rivals to get the edge or at the back struggling big time.

I mean you really feel the pressure Dani Ric is under knowing your younger teammate is getting more backing and a better contract as well as fighting to prove you're better to earn bigger better contracts. You feel the determination from Sainz to want to beat his countryman and hero Alonso and Renault in wanting to beat their competitors McClaren. You feel the pain and disappointment at Williams knowing you're the worst and struggling to get better to appease the investors so they don't walk away, namely Lawrence Stroll.

This all just needs to be brought into the game to make you feel all these raw emotions. I mean I feel wiped watching the 1st 3 episodes and they are sooooo much better than the game and in fact the actual races of last season. They even make the game feel so timid! 

Time to start bringing your A game Codies. Bring the feeling and emotion!

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 1

Guenther Steine has become a reality TV star over night and made me appreciate massive effort that goes in to each team.

One of the best sports documentaries I've ever seen. If you're an F1 fan, then you'll love how well they put this together. A must see.

• Agree 1

The documentary is more interesting than F1 is. 

Especially 2019, the constant Mercedes Ad that has become F1.

10 teams and 7 of them don't need to turn up as they only have about 1/3 of the budget of Mercedes.

The other 2 have missed the chance due to time catching up with regs.

Regulation change that has taken too long should have been done 2 seasons ago, and now the regulation changes proposed are watered down nonsense with even more dodgy degradation tyres coming after Michelin pulled out after F1 said they don't want a tyre that the driver can push on all race(imagine that F1 saying tyre management is more important than a driver pushing to the limit!)

Its Mercedes championship for as long as they decide to stay, and when they get bored and leave there will be nothing left, already TV figures are down, tracks are being removed to make way for easy money crowds, street tracks and Holland.

German GP can't even sell enough tickets because they don't think Mercedes is a German teams because its actually all British

F1 is on its final stages I'm afraid to say. F2 is far more exciting, its about the driver not the car.

And I never ever thought I would say this, as I hate that they do not sound good or have engine noise but....

Watching Formula E actually overtake like crazy around Monaco and the 7 different winners in 8 races so far, even its blowing F1 away

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1