Sign in to follow this  

Where are the Splashes & Audio

Having being forced to put the game down in hope Codies can fix the PS4 Pro version i am currently watching Youtube vids to get my Dirt Rally 2.0 fix and last night this immediately jumped out at me...  

Here is a soaking wet track with puddles everywhere but not a single splash or spray coming up? Not only that there is zero audio telling you all that water you are racing through? Even watching the reply is the exact same. 

Did we buy early access for £50 when we bought this game? 

• Agree 3

I think they litterally gave us a "2.0 lite version" its just the updated original but with more flaws this time..

And for immersion this just has to be in.. you are absolutely right.

• Agree 4

So glad someone else has brought this up. It really spoils the immersion of driving and the replays. Absolutely love the game but this is something that would just top it for me. Probably too much coding involved for a patch but needs to be looked at for future releases. 

This would bring the tracks to life for sure! 

• Agree 1

Yeah it’s weird how dirt rally 1 had good watersplashes with water covering the windscreen for a few seconds afterwards. Don’t know why they’ve removed one of the best effects from the first game. I also don’t know why they removed all the 2000’s cars, maybe the realistic  watersplashes will be added later too...

• Agree 3

Very odd, when watching the replay from outside the car just glides over water as if its ice. This really does need addressing it's a backward step in the series

• Agree 1

There were better water effects in Dirt 2, and car handling too.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Yeah it’s weird how dirt rally 1 had good watersplashes with water covering the windscreen for a few seconds afterwards. Don’t know why they’ve removed one of the best effects from the first game. I also don’t know why they removed all the 2000’s cars, maybe the realistic  watersplashes will be added later too...

On PC if you turn shadows setting down from high you lose the rain drops on the windscreen. The PS4 pro version has no rain on windscren so lord knows what the wipers are for.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I also noticed.. there is almost no movement in the car (any car) no matter which gamemode, no lift when accelerating no dive when braking.. no rol when cornering.. is it just me or was this alot better in the 1st part?

20 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Having being forced to put the game down in hope Codies can fix the PS4 Pro version

I don't get it, I have no major issues at all with DR2.0 at my PS4-Pro. You got the Boost Mode on? Otherwise try to turn that off. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

I don't get it, I have no major issues at all with DR2.0 at my PS4-Pro. You got the Boost Mode on? Otherwise try to turn that off. 

Boost mode is for non PS4 Pro enhanced games turning it off isnt magically going to make the AA solution better, All of a sudden apply 8x or 16x AF or give us decent FFB through wheels. F all to do with boost mode. 

Maybe we misunderstand each other, But I read some had some other gamers technical glitches on their PS4 Pro which I not have with my PS4 Pro with boost mode turned off. All in common was that they had their Boost Mode turned on. It's maybe not logical, but sometime it ain't logical.

6 hours ago, BERTEL said:

I also noticed.. there is almost no movement in the car (any car) no matter which gamemode, no lift when accelerating no dive when braking.. no rol when cornering.. is it just me or was this alot better in the 1st part?

It is just you.

10 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Boost mode is for non PS4 Pro enhanced games turning it off isnt magically going to make the AA solution better, All of a sudden apply 8x or 16x AF or give us decent FFB through wheels. F all to do with boost mode. 

Doesn't AA work by introducing more blur to an image to hide the pixelation?

https://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/1194-how-to-choose-the-right-anti-aliasing-mode-for-your-gpu/

image.png.26bda1ee84730b60e62887e4bc8507e8.png

Posted (edited)

Done properly it drastically improves the image quality, As you can see on the first picuture on the first screen no AA applied so Jaggies everywhere, 2nd screen is blurry due to the awful TAA used (this is what Dirt Rally 2.0 uses) 3rd picture is a higher standard AA and as you can see it drastically improves the picture from no AA or TAA  

aa.png

aa2.png

aa3.png

The two screens above is a game some dev is working on and the bottom picture  uses TAA (what 2.0 uses) This is what he says about it.

"We have been trying TAA in a couple of projects, and currently are finding it pretty unusable. On static objects, we are often losing a significant amount of texture detail, and on skinned meshes the entire object becomes a blurry mess. "

"Just a bit more info. We are deferred rendering in linear mode, using 5.4.0f2. Removing all other image effects doesn't help the situation either. The screenshots are taken without camera movement, and only get worst with any movement whatsoever."

So you can imagine how blurry 2.0 is at the speeds your travelling down a narrow road and why TAA must be changed. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, FLAW3D said:

Having being forced to put the game down in hope Codies can fix the PS4 Pro version i am currently watching Youtube vids to get my Dirt Rally 2.0 fix and last night this immediately jumped out at me...  

Here is a soaking wet track with puddles everywhere but not a single splash or spray coming up? Not only that there is zero audio telling you all that water you are racing through? Even watching the reply is the exact same.

after jump there's no sound too. no suspension, no body ,silent AF
Also brake lights (on top and on bottom) is far from real

Nice try CM, but this is Dirt 4.5

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mesa said:

after jump there's no sound too. no suspension, no body ,silent AF

Yes there is at least if the suspension bottoms out or you just have bad landing.