too little car movement

Dont know if its just me, but i am missing alot of car movement when racing.

I mean if a car accelerates , normally the front of the car will lift up a bit while the rear goes down, and vice versa when braking (it will dive nose down, rear comes up a bit). this also counts for body roll left or right.

It might be me, but im sure this was alot  better in dirt rally 1. 

*little bit off topic.. : is it possible to move the camera or the seat itself forward or backward? 

That depends on how soft or firm your suspension and dampers are, as well as the anti-roll bar.

• Agree 1

Cockpit view with virtual driver view (a la Project Cars 2) ie shakes and movement, plus look-to-apex would be great. But I'm not expecting such things to ever happen with this game tbh. The current fixed wide FOV on consoles plus the saturated colours just doesn't make it feel like you are in the car. More like a remote-control game than a simulator.

• Disagree 1

48 minutes ago, Riggs said:

That depends on how soft or firm your suspension and dampers are, as well as the anti-roll bar.

I know how suspension works, but the movement simply isnt there no matter how you set it up.. 

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, BERTEL said:

*little bit off topic.. : is it possible to move the camera or the seat itself forward or backward? 

Yes, if you're in regular cockpit view, there are buttons you can assign for this.

Kind of agree with OP here, he did say car movement, not suspension movement, it's something that has caught my eye that body roll and dipping on braking doesn't appear to happen in replays, and that video shows it quite well. Anyway, a small niggle, game is great overall so you can forgive the minor things.

Look at all the body roll here  at 2:04 for example 

And there have been times where i even rolled over from the body roll under high G and being possibly in some ruts.  So yeah, its FULLY there but the guy's head (Camera Shake) compensates for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@bn880

Thank you for posting this video. As an Xbox player, finally I can see footage from the cockpit with a narrow FOV. The Console versions of the game have no FOV slider - and this looks amazing!! So much more realistic than the default, like you're actually there in the car. And you can actually see the road properly.

So near, yet so far...

Could you post another video from say, Poland, with the same narrow FOV please?

Edited by Jake Cushing