Test Footage of the Patch Beta Leaked!!!

Note the:

- awesome clearly defined and easy to see visuals

-natural, realistic overall look and absence of over-worked bloom effects

-terrific head-cam movement and look-to-apex

-ABSENCE OF RAIN OR DARK

It's looking good folks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Feels slow to me - or is this the Ford Transit Van mod?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

I can see clearly now the blur has gone! I can see all obstacles in my waaaaaay! 

• Haha 2

no real sense of speed seems slow . also with the ha yeah heah ya sounds like a ww2 german concentration camp. wouldnt be for me.

• Haha 1

Why does it say Richard Burns Rally? I thought this was for Dirt 2.0.

1 hour ago, Decks said:

utzTCyo.png

In his defence he's probably under the impression that jokes should be funny.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pigloaf said:

Feels slow to me - or is this the Ford Transit Van mod?

No.. it's you used to games with wide FOV (moslty arcade ones)
The low angle of FOV makes the feeling slow. But it's realistic in fact. 100km/h must not look like a jump into hyperspace.

BTW the same objectives have been raised for DR2. Devs changes FOV into more realistic direction which triggered a wave of complaints.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Well, it is true that one should lower the FOV to drive with even a 30" display. (if you want 1:1 correlation to reality)

I do say that RBR update is looking great, but yes, hoping very much that DR 2.0 will be fixed up properly.  Again it is not too far away from a really good rally sim, a few fixes, a few changes. (IMO anyway)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

I can see clearly now the blur has gone! I can see all obstacles in my waaaaaay! 

If you think that looks better than DR2.0 you really need to sell your console and get a cheap gaming pc. I can make DR2.0 look just the same by turning textures off and downloading loads of big files while playing.

Well, the downloading might not introduce enough stutter and I won't get the pop ups in the distance, and I'll have to run the co driver through a tin can to recreate that speaker effect. But eventually, I'll downgrade DR2.0 enough to be in the same ball park.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Whys he driving from a dash cam anyway. Bodywork needs a good going over with an angle grinder very jaggie.

1 hour ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

If you think that looks better than DR2.0 you really need to sell your console and get a cheap gaming pc. I can make DR2.0 look just the same by turning textures off and downloading loads of big files while playing.

Well, the downloading might not introduce enough stutter and I won't get the pop ups in the distance, and I'll have to run the co driver through a tin can to recreate that speaker effect. But eventually, I'll downgrade DR2.0 enough to be in the same ball park.

Tbf it does look better than the PS4 Pro version as for a start you can clearly see where your going.

Yeah, pity that your Sony PS4 is incapable of running 4k graphics.

Good job you came to the Codemasters forum to tell Sony that their flagship PS4 is falling behind in the graphics department and needs an update, otherwise Sony may never have known about the distress that their software solution to not running genuine 4k on their hardware is causing you and Sony would never have got around to doing something about it.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Yeah, pity that your Sony PS4 is incapable of running 4k graphics.

Good job you came to the Codemasters forum to tell Sony that their flagship PS4 is falling behind in the graphics department and needs an update, otherwise Sony may never have known about the distress that their software solution to not running genuine 4k on their hardware is causing you and Sony would never have got around to doing something about it.

How do you explain all the 1080p games that are not blurry? Was res was RBR? I doubt it was even 1080p yet it was not blurry. Can we stop this notion on here that if games are not 4k then the games will be blurry. Its just utter nonsense.

We have games at 480p and they are not blurry for goodness sake.

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 2

Is this the level of cult like defence of the game now? That all 1080p games are blurry? *****. 

• Agree 1

It's caused by the method Sony use to simulate 4k. There's a video on youtube that explains it and how to do it on your pc. You even get the checkerboard pattern in the background some PS4 Pro owner was complaining about in one of his threads (it doesn't mention the checkerboard pattern in the video, I just noticed it while I was driving in 3200x1800 after trying what the guy in the vid suggested). And the 1080 games on console are equally blurry according that picture one of you posted in a comparison shot of Xbox, PS4, Xbox X and PS4 Pro the other day.

34 minutes ago, Decks said:

Is this the level of cult like defence of the game now? That all 1080p games are blurry? *****. 

Is the level of cult like attacking of the game that bad that you don't even read what's being said before jumping in?. He's not defending the game and I'm not saying all 1080 games are blurry. I'm saying that if you're here to complain about Codemasters pushing your PS4 Pro to it's graphical limits, you're complaining in the wrong place.

I'm playing on a PS4 pro, with a 32" monitor. Crystal clear here.

Don't own a 4k TV, and if I did, the wife would be watching it anyway 😂

• Haha 1

The blurring had got nothing to do with checkerboarding, it's just as bad on the standard PS4 at 1080p. It's whatever crappy AA solution/advanced blurring thing codemasters are using. It's the bluriest game I've seen on this generation of consoles, and it's entirely down to Codemasters that it looks the way it does. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

It's caused by the method Sony use to simulate 4k. There's a video on youtube that explains it and how to do it on your pc. You even get the checkerboard pattern in the background some PS4 Pro owner was complaining about in one of his threads (it doesn't mention the checkerboard pattern in the video, I just noticed it while I was driving in 3200x1800 after trying what the guy in the vid suggested). And the 1080 games on console are equally blurry according that picture one of you posted in a comparison shot of Xbox, PS4, Xbox X and PS4 Pro the other day.

Is the level of cult like attacking of the game that bad that you don't even read what's being said before jumping in?. He's not defending the game and I'm not saying all 1080 games are blurry. I'm saying that if you're here to complain about Codemasters pushing your PS4 Pro to it's graphical limits, you're complaining in the wrong place.

I dont think you know what your talking about. The game is not checkerboard anything its native 1080p also how on earth is Dirt Rally 2 pushing the Pro to its graphically limits? Have you even seen GOW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Spiderman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTSport, Ratchet n Clank, Codies very own F1 title looks amazing and is 4k...Dirt Rally 1 looks pretty good not amazing but way better than 2.0

You work for Codies on here right? Its worrying that you think 2.0 has reached the Pros graphically level espcially as we wait and hope for a patch. Im praying your not speaking on behalf of the devs.

Have a listen to what DF have to say about the Pro version

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't work for Codies. I don't own a PS4 and have no interest in any of the other games you've listed, except DiRT Rally.

• Disagree 1