Test Footage of the Patch Beta Leaked!!!

20 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I don't work for Codies. I don't own a PS4 and have no interest in any of the other games you've listed, except DiRT Rally.

My mistake i thought you were a mod on here. I suggest having a look at those titles on Gamersyde for direct feeds then have a look at 2.0 and see how silly it is to say 2.0 has maxed the Pro graphically.

• Agree 1

I am a mod on here, but I don't work for Codies, Codies staff on here are called Admins.

I know it must annoy you, it used to annoy me when Sony users had the advantage (Until DiRT Rally came out I was purely an Xbox gamer. In fact, unless it's DiRT Rally I still am an Xbox gamer. I only got the pc because I wanted better graphics, better fps, better effects, better everything on DiRT Rally) but the fault isn't Codies, it's Sony's. They sold you a 4k machine that isn't 4k, uses a downclocked 1080p graphics card and has told developers to do what they want to make it look 4k.

Proof the PS4 Pro isn't real 4k.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-isnt-4k-that-doesnt-matter/

"PlayStation 4 Pro made its big debut yesterday, and Sony is selling it as a 4K gaming box. But most of the games the company showed were not rendering a native 4K image. Instead, you were probably seeing something closer to 1440p or 1800p. That’s quite a lot less detail than 2160p — although, for the Sony’s new supersystem, it doesn’t matter.

The PS4 Pro does not have the horsepower to render native 4K. Developers are already admitting that. Guerrilla Games confirmed that it isn’t rendering Horizon: Zero Dawn, its open-world sci-fi adventure, at the 3,840 x 2160 resolution that is standard for 4K. Sony itself plainly stated yesterday during its event in Manhattan that it didn’t want to make a machine that could fill all 8 million pixels of a 4K television set.

“Brute-force rendering techniques can of course be used to support [4K] displays,” PlayStation technical chief Mark Cerny said during the PlayStation presentation on Wednesday. “But they have unfortunate consequences for console cost and form factor.”"

"“There’s a lot of magic sauce happening,” Guerrilla Games managing director Hermen Hulst said during a roundtable with reporters yesterday. “It’s not native 4K. But as you see for yourself, it’s perceptively so close that you wouldn’t be able to see the difference.”

For Sony, that is the key. It wants to use the special, baked-in features of the Pro to give players an experience that will looks indistinguishable from 4K to the naked eye. And since you probably only ever play console games with your naked eye, that perceived reality is all that will matter to you.

As for the specific sorcery that the PS4 Pro uses to accomplish that? Well, Cerny alluded to those during his on-stage talk.

“With PS4 Pro, our strategy has instead been to foster streamlined rendering techniques that can take advantage of custom hardware,” he said. “When coupled with best-in-breed temporal and spatial anti-aliasing algorithms, the results can be astonishing.”

When we decode Cerny’s high-elven language, we can break down some of what is happening (with some help from the smart folks over at Digital Foundry)."

The video in the link

Interesting line from the above video. "The only resolution requirement with Neo is... All titles must render at a 1080p minimum, and they must run at the same frame rate, or better, as the standard PS4 game", DiRT Rally meets those requirements, you can see the resolution increase in the posted comparison pic I mentioned earlier.

How to achieve Sony 4k on a 1080p pc.

As I've said, I've done this with a GTX1060. I had to fiddle around with some of the effects to make it run smoothly, but according to Sony's Ps4 Pro rules, my 1080p card was playing DiRT Rally in full 4k, even though it was really 1080 upscaled to 3k @60FPS. It looked at lot better than a PS4 Pro though (no blur on a 1080p tv), because my 1060 hasn't been throttled by Sony, allowing me to fiddle with all the available graphic settings. Which is how I know I can create the same look as the RBR beta video listed above just by deactivating textures and throttling the CPU.

Have you noticed that most of the complaints about graphics are coming from PS4 Pro owners? Not normal PS4 owners though, just PS4 Pro owners. Now you know why.

TL:DR - 4k machine owners are playing in 4k, 1080p machine owners are playing in 1080p, PS4 Pro owners are on here, complaining that their machine is substandard, instead of complaining to the people who made the substandard machine, which could be improved, massively, by simply unthrottling it's graphics card.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, pigloaf said:

Feels slow to me - or is this the Ford Transit Van mod?

After playing in dr2 everything looks slow. Maybe try to ride with real car and compare 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

If you think that looks better than DR2.0 you really need to sell your console and get a cheap gaming pc. I can make DR2.0 look just the same by turning textures off and downloading loads of big files while playing.

Well, the downloading might not introduce enough stutter and I won't get the pop ups in the distance, and I'll have to run the co driver through a tin can to recreate that speaker effect. But eventually, I'll downgrade DR2.0 enough to be in the same ball park.

Sit and thing for a while. Maybe graphics it's not all what people want from sim games ? 

5 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

I am a mod on here, but I don't work for Codies, Codies staff on here are called Admins.

I know it must annoy you, it used to annoy me when Sony users had the advantage (Until DiRT Rally came out I was purely an Xbox gamer. In fact, unless it's DiRT Rally I still am an Xbox gamer. I only got the pc because I wanted better graphics, better fps, better effects, better everything on DiRT Rally) but the fault isn't Codies, it's Sony's. They sold you a 4k machine that isn't 4k, uses a downclocked 1080p graphics card and has told developers to do what they want to make it look 4k.

Proof the PS4 Pro isn't real 4k.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-isnt-4k-that-doesnt-matter/

"PlayStation 4 Pro made its big debut yesterday, and Sony is selling it as a 4K gaming box. But most of the games the company showed were not rendering a native 4K image. Instead, you were probably seeing something closer to 1440p or 1800p. That’s quite a lot less detail than 2160p — although, for the Sony’s new supersystem, it doesn’t matter.

The PS4 Pro does not have the horsepower to render native 4K. Developers are already admitting that. Guerrilla Games confirmed that it isn’t rendering Horizon: Zero Dawn, its open-world sci-fi adventure, at the 3,840 x 2160 resolution that is standard for 4K. Sony itself plainly stated yesterday during its event in Manhattan that it didn’t want to make a machine that could fill all 8 million pixels of a 4K television set.

“Brute-force rendering techniques can of course be used to support [4K] displays,” PlayStation technical chief Mark Cerny said during the PlayStation presentation on Wednesday. “But they have unfortunate consequences for console cost and form factor.”"

"“There’s a lot of magic sauce happening,” Guerrilla Games managing director Hermen Hulst said during a roundtable with reporters yesterday. “It’s not native 4K. But as you see for yourself, it’s perceptively so close that you wouldn’t be able to see the difference.”

For Sony, that is the key. It wants to use the special, baked-in features of the Pro to give players an experience that will looks indistinguishable from 4K to the naked eye. And since you probably only ever play console games with your naked eye, that perceived reality is all that will matter to you.

As for the specific sorcery that the PS4 Pro uses to accomplish that? Well, Cerny alluded to those during his on-stage talk.

“With PS4 Pro, our strategy has instead been to foster streamlined rendering techniques that can take advantage of custom hardware,” he said. “When coupled with best-in-breed temporal and spatial anti-aliasing algorithms, the results can be astonishing.”

When we decode Cerny’s high-elven language, we can break down some of what is happening (with some help from the smart folks over at Digital Foundry)."

The video in the link

Interesting line from the above video. "The only resolution requirement with Neo is... All titles must render at a 1080p minimum, and they must run at the same frame rate, or better, as the standard PS4 game", DiRT Rally meets those requirements, you can see the resolution increase in the posted comparison pic I mentioned earlier.

How to achieve Sony 4k on a 1080p pc.

As I've said, I've done this with a GTX1060. I had to fiddle around with some of the effects to make it run smoothly, but according to Sony's Ps4 Pro rules, my 1080p card was playing DiRT Rally in full 4k, even though it was really 1080 upscaled to 3k @60FPS. It looked at lot better than a PS4 Pro though (no blur on a 1080p tv), because my 1060 hasn't been throttled by Sony, allowing me to fiddle with all the available graphic settings. Which is how I know I can create the same look as the RBR beta video listed above just by deactivating textures and throttling the CPU.

Have you noticed that most of the complaints about graphics are coming from PS4 Pro owners? Not normal PS4 owners though, just PS4 Pro owners. Now you know why.

TL:DR - 4k machine owners are playing in 4k, 1080p machine owners are playing in 1080p, PS4 Pro owners are on here, complaining that their machine is substandard, instead of complaining to the people who made the substandard machine, which could be improved, massively, by simply unthrottling it's graphics card.

I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. The graphics are blurry on both playstations. Both of which are running at 1080p. It's nothing to do with the resolution. Or checkerboarding. Checkerboarding isn't switched on on the PS4 Pro because the game is running 1080p. The blurring is entirely down to Codemasters substandard implementation of AA and motion blurring. 

Some of the mental gymnastics some of you go through to absolve Codemasters of any blame for the issues with the game is utterly bizarre. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, tea3k said:

After playing in dr2 everything looks slow. Maybe try to ride with real car and compare 

That is what the FOV slider is for. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Decks said:

I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. The graphics are blurry on both playstations. Both of which are running at 1080p. It's nothing to do with the resolution. Or checkerboarding. Checkerboarding isn't switched on on the PS4 Pro because the game is running 1080p. The blurring is entirely down to Codemasters substandard implementation of AA and motion blurring. 

Some of the mental gymnastics some of you go through to absolve Codemasters of any blame for the issues with the game is utterly bizarre. 

He really doesnt know what he's talking about does he. That last post is baffling and trying to turn this into a fanboy war with **** like "I know it must annoy you, it used to annoy me when Sony users had the advantage" Uterrly no point in continuing. 

If and its a big if as the game has so many issues who knows what they are working on as its all hush hush secrets but Codies do change the AA and add AF and even bump up the res how is Skiddy going to explain that one when the Pro is maxed out and crumbling due to this game. 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Decks said:

Seems like you don't have a clue either. What's a substandard AA? You know AA can be done only in specific techniques like MSAA, FAA, SSA? Which one do they use on PS that it's substandard?

11 minutes ago, versedi said:

Seems like you don't have a clue either. What's a substandard AA? You know AA can be done only in specific techniques like MSAA, FAA, SSA? Which one do they use on PS that it's substandard?

TAA 

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 1:59 PM, dgeesi0 said:

no real sense of speed seems slow . also with the ha yeah heah ya sounds like a ww2 german concentration camp. wouldnt be for me.

Dirt Rally 2.0 sense of speed...is totally fake.  Take the New Skoda....pufff...totally fake speed. 

Edited by GottaEvil