WRC 8 Livestream

19 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

The lighting looks fantastic and very realistic looking.

Did we watch the same video? To me the lighting looked very flat and dull, despite the sunny weather.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

To me the lighting looked very flat and dull, despite the sunny weather.

• Disagree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 4:53 AM, Rygar86 said:

* They are using a different co-driver voice and improving pacenote system (that robot guy in WRC 7 sounded really bad and he acknowledged this) 

Phil Mills sounds like a robot in Dirt Rally 2.0 too 😄

I think this game looks absolutely fantastic. The fog in the mountains in Argentina, the weather effects, lighting, rain droplets etc. The locations look far better, Argentina looks way better than in WR8 than it does in DR2. The gravel, road textures, all aspects really. Dunno folks, but this game seems like a slam dunk for me - and to think it’s getting another 6 months of development!  

• Agree 2

All the tracks looks much better - rainy - foggy argentina looks so real
I can't wait to play the game

i hope i get a beta version to test 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:33 PM, cjr3559 said:

Makes me wonder how this studio could have made V-Rally 4 so mediocre to middling. Enjoyable, but too many bugs.

Although it's the same studio Kylotonn games are now owned by Bigben so, unlike with WRC7 and every mediocre product before that, they are now developing software under the guidance of their new owners. It's not something to get particularly excited about (after all, nothing will change the fact that they're still a bunch of low budget developers with a huge emphasis towards quantity over quality) but it does give reason to feel cautiously optimistic towards future releases. 

The singlemost thing that I like about the WRC games is that it's just rally -nothing more- so unlike the Dirt games I don't have to buy into a bunch of other stuff that I don't particularly want to play.  

• Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:33 PM, cjr3559 said:

Makes me wonder how this studio could have made V-Rally 4 so mediocre to middling. Enjoyable, but too many bugs.

Yeah, V-Rally 4 was a mess (despite having some cool ideas) and it does give me cause for concern. I have a feeling that game was kind of a side project for the studio while the main talent continued to work on WRC 8, but that's just a guess on my part.

• Agree 1