How to get refund

Posted (edited)

Jeez... there are numerous interviews, both written and in podcasts where they say there is a support plan for at least 6 months, not just with content but with bug fixing and feature improvements.

Can you guys stop speculating when there are facts written all over the place?

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I saw that not long ago. The only thing there that could be described as broken was the weather randomizer which I agree on. The rest just felt like entitlement to me.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This caught my attention because I was a Steam early release purchaser (ie: actually PAID $29.99 to be a beta tester) for Dirt Rally 1.0 on the PC. We went through probably five updates before it was actually playable and enjoyable right before release. One of the biggest complaints that took a long time to resolve was the lack of feel in the wheel (ground resistance, FFB, etc.). The PC version was okay but the console versions took two or more updates to get right.

Anyway fast forward to today: I am on a PS4 these days using my same Thrustmaster T300 wheel (w/Logitech G27 pedals modified) and the feel of road friction is non-existent. I just started career mode and find myself sliding the Cooper around like it's on ice on any surface because I have zero feedback on road texture feel like I had with Rally 1.0 on the PC. I haven't built a new PC yet since mine died and I'm only on the PS4 now, so anyone with input on using the PC version please give your thoughts on wheel feel and include your wheel make and FFB settings. Right now I am not happy. At all. I do not have this dead fish feel issue with Dirt 4 on the PS4.

Finally, if SMS can get keyboard support for extra button mapping with Project Cars 1 and 2 , then why not Codemasters? Slack, boys. Real slack.

Edited by Ntac67
  • Agree 1

It's basically the same on PC. The FFB problem is present in all platforms and is being looked at.

4 hours ago, SithMetal said:

this is why people are not happy and entitled to a refund:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/b1rgo7/the_dirt_rally_2_is_broken_discussion/

will this negativity never end?

Flipping heck these people need to get some perspective. I agree that the dark and rain in career mode is both immersion-breaking and needs some work (see reasons why here:

), but to say "the game is broken" because of it is ridiculous. It's the way the game works, and to be honest I'm very frustrated that Codemasters won't release some communications about the reasons for it and if they have any ideas or plans to tackle it, but it doesn't mean "the game is broken", it means they released it with it working a certain way that it turns out people aren't a fan of - it doesn't stop it being playable and large portions of it being perfectly enjoyable.

Posted (edited)

It's basically the same on PC. The FFB problem is present in all platforms and is being looked at.

So in other words, CM never learned from all that hard work on Rally 1.0 and FFB/wheel issues to carry over to the Rally 2.0 development team. Man that's just pathetic. There are no other words and no other excuses since this is a full release product and not like I mentioned above being an early adopter purchase. As a 10+ CM game buyer between the PC, PS3, and PS4, it needs to be fixed - rapidly.

Edited by Ntac67
  • Agree 1

And bugs that were fixed in DiRT Rally carried over yet again. Something as simple as the wipers turning on randomly they aren't even able to fix. Very annoying bug.

Also why can't I just turn on/off the lights/wipers before holding handbrake for start? I could do this in DiRT Rally.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Riggs said:

Jeez... there are numerous interviews, both written and in podcasts where they say there is a support plan for at least 6 months, not just with content but with bug fixing and feature improvements.

Can you guys stop speculating when there are facts written all over the place?

Can you go into detail on what they are fixing. Are the graphics AA solution changing? Are we getting audio for going through puddles or splashes. FFB coming along yeah? Its fantastic they are now talking about it wherever you have seen or heard all of this. Would it kill them to post on the official forums rather than just on podcasts that most of us have not heard. Could you link the interviews.

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Can you go into detail on what they are fixing. Are the graphics AA solution changing? Are we getting audio for going through puddles or splashes. FFB coming along yeah? Its fantastic they are now talking about it wherever you have seen or heard all of this. Would it kill them to post on the official forums rather than just on podcasts that most of us have not heard. Could you link the interviews.

If CM does not fix this sh|tstorm within a month, you can bet there will be many leading a charge to boycott them forever. I didn't pay full price for a half-assed finished game like I did when I signed up for Rally 1.0 as an early release sale on Steam. 

Also why can't I just turn on/off the lights/wipers before holding handbrake for start? I could do this in DiRT Rally.

I just discovered that last night. W...T...F is wrong with Codemasters these days?

Edited by Ntac67
  • Agree 2

If this game turns out like Dirt 4 with a lack of support, it’ll be the last Dirt game I ever buy. 

• Agree 3