How to get refund

if you have XB1 version microsoft will refund if you provide screenshots of issues with game from the forum, preferably from a dev. It's best done via online chat as they will provide a link to upload screenshots directly to them.

I have had my game refunded, going to wait for WRC 8, but got WRC 7 for £18.00, bargain considering the state DR 2 is in.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Safe travels. Hope you enjoy the big rally reference that is WRC 7 and 8.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

I hardly think the game is in a state, I'm loving it. 

Still I'm glad you got a refund, happy days all round

it's amazing how people in here are blind to what's been going on, and happy they're being ripped off with a game that is not even finished.

Pathetic !

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Just now, watzcoc said:

it's amazing how people in here are blind to what's been going on, and happy they're being ripped off with a game that is not even finished.

Pathetic !

bon voyage  and have fun with wrc 8!

16 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

Pathetic !

Why are you still here?

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, watzcoc said:

if you have XB1 version microsoft will refund if you provide screenshots of issues with game from the forum, preferably from a dev. It's best done via online chat as they will provide a link to upload screenshots directly to them.

I have had my game refunded, going to wait for WRC 8, but got WRC 7 for £18.00, bargain considering the state DR 2 is in.

Best playing Dirt Rally 1 tbh. Great game. 

• Agree 1

Have fun with WRC7 and WRC8. think you will apply for refunds there as well 😄

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, watzcoc said:

Pathetic !

It's amazing how people are so determined that no-one else could enjoy a game that they're not.

And how they continue to hang around forums anyway.

👋Best of luck, I'll see you on the WRC8 leaderboards one day too; no reason not to enjoy both.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, watzcoc said:

Pathetic !

This is a very poor and pathetic comment !

If you don't like the game, no problem for me, but please stop with this nonsens of being ripped off. Most, if not all, racing games are very complicated these day. So, IMO it's almost impossible to make a finished and bug free game. 

Even with the current problems, this game is very good and i have lots of fun with it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Obviously the guy needs the attention. Why on earth can someone not wait until the next patches are out? 'Unfinished' is no argument as there's barely a game that doesn't need fixes in some areas, especially in the development of simulation games, that are getting more and more complex.  

Edited by richie

Watzcoc is living his name, the 'coc' part of the name.

He joined 1st april 2018 (so already he is a joke) and his first post was on february 22nd and only has posted negative things. 

Same is on Twitter, although he not has an account there anymore, people replying on his you can see he only posting negatives / complaints etc. never anything postive. Being negative is this guy natural acting.

Maybe he is being hired by game companies (BigBen/Kyloton) to bully other game companies forums, twitter and other channels or possible an employee by that company.

Yes, DR2.0 has some issues, but don't take this guy any serious and don't react to him anymore. He aint worth it.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Bought mine from Green Man Gaming.... no refunds allowed once you activated the key.

Will never do that again !

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, xGabe62x said:

Bought mine from Green Man Gaming.... no refunds allowed once you activated the key.

Will never do that again !

If you don't buy it on Steam is almost impossible to get a refund. I bought a DVD copy of Dirt 4 and because you always have to use Steam the retailer is not going to make a refund.

47 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Watzcoc is living his name, the 'coc' part of the name.

He joined 1st april 2018 (so already he is a joke) and his first post was on february 22nd and only has posted negative things. 

Same is on Twitter, although he not has an account there anymore, people replying on his you can see he only posting negatives / complaints etc. never anything postive. Being negative is this guy natural acting.

Maybe he is being hired by game companies (BigBen/Kyloton) to bully other game companies forums, twitter and other channels or possible an employee by that company.

Yes, DR2.0 has some issues, but don't take this guy any serious and don't react to him anymore. He aint worth it.

He has a point though, Go on the Dirt Rally 2.0 Steam forum and it's full of negativity and the PC version is leagues ahead of the console versions bar the X, Go on metacritic and user reviews are 50% negative, Alot of negativity on here also. Same with the Dirt Rally Twitter and Facebook. 

It's not down to the person its down the the game. I have been negative towards the game and deservedly so as it's just a mess compared to the first title which was utterly brilliant so you didnt see me here being negative or on Twitter or Facebook as there was no need. Add in the fact Codemasters are extremely quiet and are not telling paying customers whats really going on and what they aim to fix just leads to even more frustration. 

• Agree 8

3 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Pathetic !

You know what's pathetic? Your misogyny. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RoccoTTS said:

Most, if not all, racing games are very complicated these day. So, IMO it's almost impossible to make a finished and bug free game. 

It't a bulshit. Unfortunately it's being repeated to death by people who justify issues, including serious ones. And it's not valid only in simulation games domain.
Games are not more complicated than 10 years ago. Games contain more content which is more detailed. It might be covered by more developers - at the end there are money for that because games are sold in many more copies today than years ago (read below)

Unless game developer does a serious research (like in case of GrandPrixLegends or iRacing) complexity of games are more or less same than years ago. For instance D4 or DR2 contain nothing new in physics department which would support your thesis (the fact cars are heavier doesn't imply changes in physics engine, just different parametrization). But for some reason, both mentioned titles seems to be worse than their predecessor.

Also, most games are not being written from scratch nowadays. In fact developer re-uses a lot of parts like gfx, sound, physics engines and game infrastructure. So it's expected consecutive titles to be better than predecessors.  If it's opposite, than something went wrong. If so, then the answer is: money. It shouldn't be surprising that every investor tries to maximize his profit. If players are happy to buy unfinished game, then be it. And this is the point given by OP. If you consider today's outreach thanks to electronic distribution, you likely can figure out, that the project can be sold in enough copies for revenue, even if some significant percentage of initial target is not satisfied with a quality. Add policies which makes almost impossible (for most players) to refund a game. And you can have an image confirming the reason why games are such low quality nowadays.

BTW if it's almost impossible to make a finished and bug free game, it should be clearly stated in game advertisement, description etc. Once the game is advertised as finished, nothing justifies bugs and lacks.

Again: its't not only CM or Dirt issue. A lot of games suffer the same disease. And I don't understand a silent consent given by a lot of player to that state.

4 hours ago, richie said:

Why on earth can someone not wait until the next patches are out?

because there is no guarantee that the game will be patched ever? Like Dirt4 for example?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Well said, last few posts, people with sense and understanding. Was really looking forward to DR2 and saddened at the state it is released. 

Codemasters need to understand that we are paying customers and have consumer rights. 

Perhaps a demo should be released for all games before release. 

Edited by watzcoc
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, watzcoc said:

Well said, last few posts, people with sense and understanding. Was really looking forward to DR2 and saddened at the state it is released. 

Codemasters need to understand that we are paying customers and have consumer rights. 

This entire thread is an interesting read, especially the last few posts where the tables turned to a degree. No question watzcoc flamed the boards with rants and complaints - most of which were valid criticisms, but perhaps a little heavy on the dosage 😏. I too resemble the frustration aspect...I mean really, this game is by most accounts (and especially on consoles), a huge let down when compared to its predecessor. I don’t work in game development or software, but I am technically inclined enough to recognize that whilst game design in the driving genre is challenging and complex, there is no good reason why Codies should have missed the mark by this margin. As one of the posts above mentioned, in many respects development of software has become more intuitive and user friendly. A lot of the ‘grunt work’ is now handled by complex programming software algo’s.  Subsequent versions utilize similar programming concepts from earlier titles. Take the in-game engine for example - Ego 3. They have been using this for a few years now, and should be entirely familiar with it and therefore have it fully optimized by now, full stop. Let’s face it, CM has a very long standing history of driving titles, and undoubtedly accrued a good understanding of how to design and implement game traits that ‘measure up’. The fact they released DR1 three years ago, and said game was critically acclaimed for being one of the best (if not the best), to ever be released in the Rally discipline - is what makes this so damn frustrating. The fact they had John Armstrong assist with development and solicited his input through the design phase makes the argument even more compelling. I don’t drive Rally cars IRL - but I’m 100% certain if I did, the FFB mechanics would not feel nearly as limp as they do in DR 2.0. So long story short, the game release was a fail, most of us agree. It should not have been released in this state, end of story. Consumers have a right to be upset, and the precedence for expecting a great title was there (notwithstanding Dirt 4). 

All that being said - a patch will roll out soon. So in response to the quoted post above, the thing I dont understand is if you were going to jump ship, why did you wait until the eve of a possible fix!? You spent countless hours reading and posting about its shortcomings, so you’re clearly invested. In orders of magnitude - you most definitely would have been well served to weather the storm and await the patch before making the final decision, no?

I’m not playing DR 2.0 right now, quite frankly it just isn’t playable for me, and Lord knows I’ve tried. However, if I base my loyalty on the first release then it’s obviously a no brainer to see what’s on the horizon with the update. If it delivers, great! I will let bygones be bygones. If it doesn’t, well - that will be a shame and I will have learned my lesson for future titles from this studio, that is to wait until their games are out and tested at large by real users and not reviewers with biased slants and/or hidden agendas.

I truly hope all of our criticism, constructive or otherwise, is reviewed by Codies, and digested in such a way that precludes the possibility of a similar situation of their future titles. As a long time fans and supporters, we deserve better and are well within our right to expect it.

Edited by Buckwilder
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, watzcoc said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that there are issues that need addressing, but this forum works best when people are posting constructive, balanced, comments. 

Your constant posts are attention seeking at best and downright deluded at their worst. 

Their have been official posts from CM acknowledging that they are aware of the problems and working on solutions. I am pretty sure if they were posting daily posts saying "still working on it", they'd be accused of repeating themselves. For the sake of all the unhappy players out there I hope they start implementing fixes soon, but rushing untested patches is just as likely to make things worse rather than better. 

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Their have been official posts from CM acknowledging that they are aware of the problems and working on solutions. I am pretty sure if they were posting daily posts saying "still working on it", they'd be accused of repeating themselves. For the sake of all the unhappy players out there I hope they start implementing fixes soon, but rushing untested patches is just as likely to make things worse rather than better. 

From my point of view they said nothing clear about that they are aware of the problems. In some threads like the stutter thread a dev was asking for more details and on Twitter they said only looking at it. Clear communication is what Kunos is doing in the ACC forum.

More and more I think this DR2 is what CM thought is the next step after DR and they are surprised about the feedback. So there is probably besides technical issues no chance for bug fixes and it could likely end like Dirt 4 with silence and nothing changed.

Edited by Peter Mathen
  • Agree 3