Sign in to follow this  

Post-Update 4 topics to address

Hey all ūüôā

With Update 4 now live for all players, the usual post-update process begins, where we track feedback and see what you guys are both enjoying and having troubles with. Please feel free to comment on this thread with anything you'd like to comment on from U4, with as much detail as you'd like to provide. 

Having tracked all feedback since yesterday afternoon, I've already spoken with the team about some topics we should investigate based on this. These include:

- Lap records not appearing for some players

- Dynamic racing line inconsistencies

- Differences in how assists are applied 

- Penalty system

- Level of opponent in Duel matchmaking 

Also got a quick note on GP Events, before it opens up tomorrow. During some of the GP Event races, the HUD deign may appear incorrectly. We're investigating; what we do know is that this will not affect your progress in the mode. It's purely a design thing we need to address. 

As always, it's our priority to track, record and address player feedback following updates. When and if we have more news on the above, or anything else mentioned by players, we'll let you know. 

Enjoy the Australian GP and the new GP Event this weekend! Hopefully I'll have some time to jump into both between tracking feedback ūüėČ

Chris,

Why is your team waiting for our feedback to find all these issues? As several people have said, we're not your beta testers. A lot of these issues are obvious right away. Why were these not caught in house by your team before the update was released to the public. I know it's not your fault directly, but there seems to be a large quality control issue with this game in general and I think the only reason people are sticking with it is because they are so dedicated to F1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hi Chris, I'll touch on a few playability observations I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere:

1. Duel Playability improved immensely after I turned off braking assist. 
  2. Then AI behavior seemed much improved in general.  They tend to move out of the way when passing. Still some over braking into turns and braking in unexpected places. 
  3. I've had some Sprint races where AI are abnormally quick and/or drove right through me, similar to grid before.
  4. Steering is intermittently non-responsive, have not yet observed a pattern.
  5. Can't get enough steering turn in on some turns, turning radius is too large, especially on tracks with sharp turns and walls. 
  6. From the expectations setting perspective, maybe Players should be netter informed of changes amd  to assume car and track are different. It's a new day so need to re-learn both which is normal in racing.
  7. An explaination of what and how the SR should work would be appreciated.  The value seems quite random. e.g. goes down in Qualification races and/or races with no contact or corner cuts.  e.g.  Maybe Having a higher SR lessen the concequences of impact from another player with a lower SR could help motivate clean racing and mitigate the crasher players.

A message to the developers. I'm not fan of users as beta testers. I appreciate the complexity of this game and pressures to launch something to schedule.  Especially with the F1 race schedule connection. But if many of the hard core players can find this many playability issues after 30 min of play, design quality and testing needs to be improved.  This release would have been less problematic if things that were not broken were not changed.

Thanks for your support Chris,  hopefully people can provide additional info to help improve the game.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I quickly lost over 400 TP after the new version but after recalibrating my driving to the changes in car amd tracks, as well as the anomalys of this release, had a much better next day.  Gained back the points and then some. 

AI behavoir is largely much better.  Grid are starts are balanced and AI are passable.  Very realistic where the AI  move off the line when approached at a higher speed. Other times they still block and brake check but that's racing.   Sprints againt AI drivers is sketchy, sometimes as #3 above.

The racing line change is a major loss of useful feedback amd a huge setback in playability.

Edited by StKnowhere

Right there are so many issues in this game and are not being we have mentioned about the power drops in cars since update 2 not fixed if not worse than ever 

here the biggest one I have noticed there a massive time difference In touch vs tilt controls 

car don’t run right still 

breaks don’t work always and still need to the steering all 

at least have improved a little now but your event don’t work properly and impossible to silver yet alone good even if do run same set what are you playing at and I have money and each update there something wrong with the cars and no real improvements from our feed back 

please respond as left loads of messages on your Facebook but fail to respond and same with twitter 

I know that during the event. During the race it happened to me on 6 different occassions. While coming around the corner at the end of the high speed straight that there was a car just sitting there. Surely did mess up the start to a potential good time. First lap if i made it that far i was smoking. Real dissappointing. Please fix that ! 

Melbourne over. Now what? Back to the same old game except with the depressing reminder that some parts need a total of 450 to reach maximum. That's a lot of single lap races when spread over a multiple parts. I mean a real lot. And what do we do with those XP Points again? Has anybody got any idea what they're good for? What am I aiming for in this game? I once had maximum points and that brought no reward? I'm in League 1, there's no higher to go. 

Also, how can I finish at Melbourne inside the top 100 of over 10,000 participants and I can't even finish a race at Canada since Update 4? I'm outpaced, run off the road, colliding with walls, all DNF. Canada used to be a sure thing for me, now I slide around like it's pouring rain.....which it usually is at Canada. But that's another story.

3 hours ago, slayton said:

Melbourne over. Now what? Back to the same old game except with the depressing reminder that some parts need a total of 450 to reach maximum. That's a lot of single lap races when spread over a multiple parts. I mean a real lot. And what do we do with those XP Points again? Has anybody got any idea what they're good for? What am I aiming for in this game? I once had maximum points and that brought no reward? I'm in League 1, there's no higher to go. 

There was an occasion where my league points bar (the black line on the left side showing points), showed minimum 10,000 and league 0. I had just won a race at 9999. 

After logging out and in, it went back to max bar 9999 and league 1.  Glitch?

At least they need fews month to fix this bugs...

8 hours ago, Stepen said:

At least they need fews month to fix this bugs...

Nope. There was a patch before last update/Update 4. It was fixed the AI behaviour, especially AI irrational speed. 

Update 4 has another bugs e.g. braking system, driving line, lost of power, (tilt) steering. So besides Update 4 own bugs it brought back old bugs, AI's behaviour & irrational speed. 

I believe it won't take long to fix old bugs because development team had done it before Update 4.

On ‚Äé3‚Äé/‚Äé15‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 1:27 PM, StKnowhere said:

Hi Chris, I'll touch on a few playability observations I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere:

1. Duel Playability improved immensely after I turned off braking assist. 
  2. Then AI behavior seemed much improved in general.  They tend to move out of the way when passing. Still some over braking into turns and braking in unexpected places. 
  3. I've had some Sprint races where AI are abnormally quick and/or drove right through me, similar to grid before.
  4. Steering is intermittently non-responsive, have not yet observed a pattern.
  5. Can't get enough steering turn in on some turns, turning radius is too large, especially on tracks with sharp turns and walls. 
  6. From the expectations setting perspective, maybe Players should be netter informed of changes amd  to assume car and track are different. It's a new day so need to re-learn both which is normal in racing.
  7. An explaination of what and how the SR should work would be appreciated.  The value seems quite random. e.g. goes down in Qualification races and/or races with no contact or corner cuts.  e.g.  Maybe Having a higher SR lessen the concequences of impact from another player with a lower SR could help motivate clean racing and mitigate the crasher players.

A message to the developers. I'm not fan of users as beta testers. I appreciate the complexity of this game and pressures to launch something to schedule.  Especially with the F1 race schedule connection. But if many of the hard core players can find this many playability issues after 30 min of play, design quality and testing needs to be improved.  This release would have been less problematic if things that were not broken were not changed.

Thanks for your support Chris,  hopefully people can provide additional info to help improve the game.

Thank you for the feedback - on point 6, changes to gameplay/cars/tracks were not intentional, so there wouldn't be a need to keep players updated. Whenever major new changes are on the way, we try to spread the word as soon as possible, like how we did with the XP System. 

All points are logged and we're investigating now. Thanks again ūüôā¬†

13 hours ago, slayton said:

Hello ūüôā as mentioned, the first iteration of this XP System includes ways for newer, less experienced players to earn rewards in multiple areas of the game, each time they level up. As the system evolves over time, more additions will be made, with a focus on offering new incentives for the top-tier players.

Placing the top-level players in the middle of the new XP System was discussed, so they had something to work on and progress through. But, this would have come at the cost of losing car performance and other parts, and we didn't want to take hard-earned things away from those players. Of course, anything added to the XP system in the future will still keep this in mind. ūüôā¬†

35 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello ūüôā as mentioned, the first iteration of this XP System includes ways for newer, less experienced players to earn rewards in multiple areas of the game, each time they level up. As the system evolves over time, more additions will be made, with a focus on offering new incentives for the top-tier players.

Placing the top-level players in the middle of the new XP System was discussed, so they had something to work on and progress through. But, this would have come at the cost of losing car performance and other parts, and we didn't want to take hard-earned things away from those players. Of course, anything added to the XP system in the future will still keep this in mind. ūüôā¬†

Please fix the bugs about breaking assists and racing line asap... Its annoying for player which use left right tap to turn

Hey all - just a quick update, as we're pushing ahead now with investigating and addressing certain issues for patch 4.5. The topics players have raised concerning the racing line changes and the assists implementation are our top priorities, but we'll also be working on plenty more. Once we have more information that I can pass on, I'll be sure to do so - but please feel free to keep feeding back on Update 4. The more information we have, the better. Thank you ūüôā

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you for the feedback - on point 6, changes to gameplay/cars/tracks were not intentional, so there wouldn't be a need to keep players updated. Whenever major new changes are on the way, we try to spread the word as soon as possible, like how we did with the XP System. 

All points are logged and we're investigating now. Thanks again ūüôā¬†

Thanks @ChrisGrovesMCM - had some good Duels this weekend so a step in the right direction for gameplay.

Chris - Could you please respond to point 7 in my post on how SR should impact play?  

I think the game is trying to match players SR level which is great.  But the value still seems somewhat random at times and changes for unknown reasons.   So it would be helpful to know what/when instances that should make it change, up or down.

e.g. I think it has changed after Qualification races where I'm not aware of any contact or corner cuts.

I experienced a huge increase in intentional crashing as gameplay returned, keeping SR in the green seemed to help match quality.

Edited by StKnowhere

Posted (edited)

Sometimes on sprint mode, the players cars hit each other while on countdown. its been happening a lot on russian circuit, but today happened on last chicane in canada. On the "3" countdown the opponent's car hit my rear, on the "1" and "go" my car was backwards on the track, and I was already 5sec behind even before crosses the start.

and at least once a week, the game freezes the screen and I have to close the app (lose 60pts!!!) My phone is a galaxy S7 and the app never freezes before.

Edited by IIIDanteIII
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - just a quick update, as we're pushing ahead now with investigating and addressing certain issues for patch 4.5. The topics players have raised concerning the racing line changes and the assists implementation are our top priorities, but we'll also be working on plenty more. Once we have more information that I can pass on, I'll be sure to do so - but please feel free to keep feeding back on Update 4. The more information we have, the better. Thank you ūüôā

Hi Chris

From what I'm reading here and other places is that the players want a racing game.  It is an official F1 game after all.  What you appear to have given us is a card collecting game.  Now I fully understand that as a company you want to make money, I get that, but if you head down that road too far, people will abandon the game, give it bad reviews and then you won't have a product to make money from.

R&D Boxes. OK, so we now get 3x the amount of blueprints in each box but now it take 3x (or more) to go up a level on a particular piece.  So, at first glance that hasn't actually achieved anything.  You could even say that it's gone backwards.

XP Points. I've read your comments that the XP points system is in its first stages and will develop over time, but I can tell that the experienced players here feel that they have been ignored (again).  I'm at level 25 and could collect XP points all day, but for me it does absolutely nothing.

R&D grid.  As a general comment, most of the tweaks we can make, by adding different combinations of pieces,  unless you go to the extremes, seem to have very little effect on the car performance.  Is this as expected?  Or will this be developed over time?

Events.  I have to say, I LOVE the events, to be honest, it's the main thing that keeps me playing the game. But why are there 3 races with 1 grid start and 2 in qualifying mode?  On races 2 and 3, why does the clock start before I get to the start line, when the sector times start as they should?  Will our results from each event be put on to a season long table? Maybe, after the qualifying event, the race could be over one 10 lap race for example.

Duels. Why oh why are we stuck with a single lap race?  As I said earlier, we want a racing game, so could update 5 include that?  

Sprint/Qualifying Races. The gap between the two opponents is still way out of synch.  I had a duel at Spa earlier and I was 1:45 seconds behind my opponent at the start. Sorry, but thats unacceptable.

I don't just want to appear negative because I appreciate the difficult job you and the team have.  You have a potentially AMAZING product here, please don't ruin it

Edited by TH61
  • Agree 3

The AI is way too fast again. It's really obvious on Bahrain. Also they frequently ram into the back of you now. I've been pushed into the wall countless times on Singapore because of it.

Screenshot_20190318-144734.png

• Agree 1

The safety rating system is meaningless. It is solely based on the outcome of the previous two or three races instead of an overview of your career as a driver. As I have mentioned elsewhere I have tested it by sitting on the grid for 20 seconds, then crashing and destroying my front end at the end of the first straight. After doing this three times, I had a 5 star green safety rating. So it seems the algorithm simply identifies me as completing a race with no contact with another driver. 

I then resumed racing and despite careful, normal driving the usual contacts occurred and within three races was back in the red zone.

Being a five star green safe driver, I was not matched up with players who were notably more polite, neither the actual opponent nor the AI. So the safety rating is meaningless and any race in which you compete will not behave differently if you are five or zero point five.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Is it happening to someone else? I get hit on the rear by the opponent and "I" get a engine penalty while the opponent fly away to victory? isn't enough almost putting my car in neutral in beginnig of sprint mode? it has to take away my recovery too?

Edited by IIIDanteIII

2 minutes ago, IIIDanteIII said:

Is it happening to someone else? I get hit on the rear by the opponent and "I" get a engine penalty while the opponent fly away to victory? isn't enough almost putting my car in neutral in beginnig of sprint mode? it has to take away my recovery too?

All the time.

Also in my favor sometimes when an opponent brakes too early or too hard and I don't see their brake lights.

Hey team - latest update on the patch is that we're making progress in many areas. The brake assist issue in particular is something the team appear to have made a breakthrough on. Hoping for more news on a release time this week.

Unsure yet whether the patch will require a game update or not, so I'll keep you posted - and when the patch is going live, I'll of course have a longer list of the topics we've aimed to address.

Thanks again for all your feedback and co-operation ūüôā

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, IIIDanteIII said:

The penalty threshold seems a little too sensitive, activates some time on a touch rather than an impact.

It feels like it is correctly assesed roughly 50% of the time so it could be more fair to slow down both cars.  At least you have a chance to race in that case.