Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 car thread

mike96 said:
The nose is the 2015 one.
Seriously? Then why is it still stupidly long? I really hope it isn't the 2015 nose and just an interim one or something, because this and the Williams one both look disgusting to me.

mike96 said:
The nose is the 2015 one.
Seriously? Then why is it still stupidly long? I really hope it isn't the 2015 nose and just an interim one or something, because this and the Williams one both look disgusting to me.

https://twitter.com/tedkravitz/status/557911538292383744

I like the fact they've made all the logos either black or white and not used their original colours. That's good. It could be better I think, I really liked a bit of green, and it isn't really 'Indian' this year for that reason!

That didn't answer my question Mike :p I thought the rules where changed to avoid phallic shaped noses, not to keep them.
Τhey're shorter though... :p 

That didn't answer my question Mike :p I thought the rules where changed to avoid phallic shaped noses, not to keep them.
The rules have changed but it only reduces the effect. The protrusions will be smaller than they were last year as there the nose must be a certain width by the time it reaches a certain position back from the tip (this point is closer to the tip than it was in last year) and you can't have a tusk structure like the 2014 Lotus had.

But it's been speculated for a while that we'd still get noses like this, the rules did not completely outlaw them. They just shrunk 'em down a bit.

So they've gone from average European size, to average Asian size? 
Well yeah, remember Bernie saying F1 needs to leave Europe and extend towards Asia? That's what he meant ;)

mike96 said:
So they've gone from average European size, to average Asian size? 
Well yeah, remember Bernie saying F1 needs to leave Europe and extend towards Asia? That's what he meant ;)
I'm not sure 'extend' is the right word for what these noses are doing to Asia ;)

The F1 teams are sticking with these noses for a reason maybe because there is an aerodynamic benefit?

Juice29 said:
The F1 teams are sticking with these noses for a reason maybe because there is an aerodynamic benefit?

They only use them to meet the rules regarding the tip of the nose being so far off the ground. It'd be better for aero purposes to have a higher nose.

That looks quite nice, shame they ditched the drivers' names off the roll hoop. Also, I have no idea why they are that big!

Looks sweet! Really nice looking car. If you got rid of all the PDVSA branding then the car would be purely black and gold. That would be epic.

I've consulted F1 Update's technical writer and he says it's either just the traditional engine/oil split or direct links to the combustion chamber @mike96 

fIsince08 said:
mike96 said:
In English, please :p
Either the air that cools the engine/oil or the air that makes the engine go bang :p 
Hmmmm

https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/559756469768556544