Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 car thread

Where'd they get the pic from bud? McLaren only tweeted yesterday that they'd fired the car up for the very first time in the factory. Sure it isn't a photoshopped image and just them speculating?

That's why I said "looks like" :p  It's from Marca who are supposed to know people close to Alonso and that's why they think it's going to be a black car (like Honda used to do in winter testing as well)  

So has it been confirmed that the noses this year will be less uglier than last? Some of these early reveals/rumors are concerning...

SynGamer said:
So has it been confirmed that the noses this year will be less uglier than last? Some of these early reveals/rumors are concerning...
Not sure anyone knows to be honest. Up until now we've been told that teams would all have very similar designs and would look similar to the Ferrari from last year. I know we've only seen three but none have looked anything like the Ferrari and all three look as different from each other as they did last year

I suggest anyone who had high anticipation about what livery Mclaren would adopt this year don't bother checking out the MP4-30  :|

What a heap of junk. Under sponsored, lacking in colour/excitement  and a massive missed opportunity. With all the time travel jokes and wheeling out the 4/4 every five minutes, I actually thought they were going to do it.
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/560772344982302721

I don't like how the red is only at the front, like it just cuts off half way. No sponsors, still have Silver despite it not being relevant anymore (No more Merc engines now obviously).

Massively disappointing, looks like something HRT would come out with. They should have gone with White and Red or Orange.

It looks as if they realized it was about to look exactly like last years car and just smashed some red onto it.

They're like a year late with the West-livery.

Also, this is boring and dull which is fitting, because McLaren is boring and dull. And they don't even do boring and dull things, which makes it more impressive that they are.

I was expecting something without any colour at all, so I'm reasonably pleased with this. From the top down view it's rather handsome.

Other angles... not so much. But at least it's much better than last year! Maybe some new sponsors will liven it up.

I really don't get why McLaren is so boring.

"We have an historic partnership, no title sponsor, we can make the car look any way we want what should we do?"

"Make it look exactly the same as last year, but just with more black and put some red down the sides. Yeah keep it boring" 

Let's just hope no more teams move to a livery containing a lot of silver. 3 is quite enough now. 

Very Red Bull-esque car though, as predicted with Prodromou at the helm. Complex multi layer front wing, narrow sidepods and a very tightly packaged rear end. For Mclaren's sake I hope Honda have got their cooling expectations spot on.