F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 car thread

The W06 doing a shakedown at Silverstone today. Looking like being one of the better looking cars again. 

People are getting way too worked up over the livery. The car itself is beautiful and if it goes fast I couldn't care less how it looks. There are rumours it won't even be the final livery anyway.

People are getting way too worked up over the livery. The car itself is beautiful and if it goes fast I couldn't care less how it looks. There are rumours it won't even be the final livery anyway.
Indeed, there may be a 2nd presentation before Melbourne, we'll see.

But it's still weird. The livery resembles the one they've used during their most succesful era with Mercedes, which would have been a great thing to use last year given it was the last year of their partnership. But using this very similar livery from the Mercedes-era for the first year of the new era with Honda? Just weird.

If it's as fast as it looks, you guys are in for a painful year. And I'm in for a 9 month lasting F1-orgasm.
Unless Rosberg wins :p 

The Mercedes understandably looks like an evaluation on last year, really not much change at all, livery or shape wise.

The McLaren, I like the long low nose! The livery, it's like they ran out of red paint to make the lines to the back of the car thicker! :p I really don't know why they didn't make the silver areas white either. It would not only match their new team gear but also a reminder of the old Honda days, not only with McLaren in the late 80s-early 90s but also the BAR/Honda team years!

The car does indeed look good despite the crummy livery.  Front wing very much a Red Bull esque clone. But the packaging in the back behind the side pods is so narrow, which looks like it allowed them to have fun with the floor.

It's just a shame they didn't make the livery as exciting as the design of the car.

The new McLaren is very tight at the back compared to last year, and the front wing looks curves a bit more at the sides.

I prefer the 2014 Merc in my opinion.
I think we should all just agree that everything is inferior to the 1996 Williams FW-18 and be done with it. ^_^

So as alonsofan said there's still a chance the MP4-30 will have a different livery on Melbourne

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-could-yet-opt-for-new-livery-by-australia

Yeah the W05 was prettier for me as well.

Not that it's a bad looking car, however. It's always positive for F1 when the fastest car on the grid is also (one of the) prettiest. 

I'm very excited to see the Sauber. If the blue/yellow rumours are true, it could be one of the highlights, livery wise. I'm imagining something like the 555 half of the old BAR Hondas.

Someones already got to work making one:

Always think either the Mild Seven Renault's or Camel Williams' with those colours though.

Don't remind me of the Mild Seven Renaults or I'll start to cry.

Why is it impossible for the teams of today to make such amazing liveries?

Don't remind me of the Mild Seven Renaults or I'll start to cry.

Why is it impossible for the teams of today to make such amazing liveries?
Because, nowadays, they confuse simplicity and modesty with poverty.

https://twitter.com/SauberF1Team/status/561101179506397184
#SheIsUgly

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/561116889368121344