F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 car thread

The new Toro Rosso has by a far margin the most beautiful livery aswell.
James Key is quite optimistic, saying that this might be the best TR they have ever built (which means it will be probably even better than the STR3 which was a beast, especially in the wet).

Have to agree with Seb, definitely a dark horse for 2015.

The front wing on the Merc is beautiful! And it looks a little tighter at the back than last year, unsurprisingly it's very similar to the 2014 car.

So, now we've seen all the cars, here they are with shots of the 2014 cars as comparisons.

Mercedes

Red Bull

Williams

Ferrari

McLaren

Force India (livery and nose)

Toro Rosso

Lotus

Sauber

So much scrolling.

They all look nicer this year apart from the Ferrari , the Mercedes and the Sauber imo. Also , Ferrari , McLaren and Red Bull are planning shorter noses for Melbourne if they pass the crash test.

All of the cars look better this year in my opinion, but the Mercedes is the only one I would call good looking. The Lotus is a bit boxy and odd, The Williams is hideous, the RBR nose isn't any better than the Williams, Force India isn't too bad, and the Ferrari, Sauber and McLaren aren't ugly but just look silly with their noses that go on for ever. Nowhere near as bad as last year on the whole but I don't want any of them printed on my wall, or even screen saver

Seeing the collection of cars from 2014 and now 2015 really brings a tear to my eye. These cars are just hideous. Bring back to '07/'08 cars and nose...

The Sauber needs some livery work, more sponsors would help. Last years livery was better. 

Force India is the best looking. No doubt there.

It's hidden by the livery, but Red Bull's nose is very similar (bar the stub) to last year's Ferrari.

I managed to find the original quote, they just shortened it:

'The original livery optimisational decision process discussion period was concluded late in the 2014 Formula 1 Grand Prix championship season, but with the arrival of new potential sponsors and feedback from team members and fans, we have decided to alter the livery paint of our 2015 McLaren Honda MP4-30 for the upcoming year. However, I'm not going to say when this change will occur to our vehicle.'

Just saw this. I would love to see Red Bull use the purple livery!

https://twitter.com/SomersF1/status/562012962568044545

EDIT: here's the full image for people who don't want to go to Twitter...

Oh yeah, that purple looks awesome! I really hope they keep the camo effect, it works so well!

I will be so pissed off, if Ferrari have finally built a good car, have to wait until the first race to see if it really is as quick as it seems.

Best looking car on the grid! The green streak at the bottom made it better for me too!