Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 car thread

SynGamer said:
So has it been confirmed that the noses this year will be less uglier than last? Some of these early reveals/rumors are concerning...
Not sure anyone knows to be honest. Up until now we've been told that teams would all have very similar designs and would look similar to the Ferrari from last year. I know we've only seen three but none have looked anything like the Ferrari and all three look as different from each other as they did last year
What a heap of junk. Under sponsored, lacking in colour/excitement  and a massive missed opportunity. With all the time travel jokes and wheeling out the 4/4 every five minutes, I actually thought they were going to do it.
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/560772344982302721

I don't like how the red is only at the front, like it just cuts off half way. No sponsors, still have Silver despite it not being relevant anymore (No more Merc engines now obviously).

Massively disappointing, looks like something HRT would come out with. They should have gone with White and Red or Orange.
  • Codemasters Staff
I was expecting something without any colour at all, so I'm reasonably pleased with this. From the top down view it's rather handsome.

Other angles... not so much. But at least it's much better than last year! Maybe some new sponsors will liven it up.
Let's just hope no more teams move to a livery containing a lot of silver. 3 is quite enough now. 

Very Red Bull-esque car though, as predicted with Prodromou at the helm. Complex multi layer front wing, narrow sidepods and a very tightly packaged rear end. For Mclaren's sake I hope Honda have got their cooling expectations spot on.