Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leaderboards separated by divisions

Please support different divisions for the leaderboard. It's so frustrating to finish a daily challenge and find myself 2 minutes behind the top players. Please introduce divisions, so that I can compete against players in my level. And let me advance to a higher division if I met their requirements. This would motivate me to improve!

18 hours ago, Einzelspieler said:

Please support different divisions for the leaderboard. It's so frustrating to finish a daily challenge and find myself 2 minutes behind the top players. Please introduce divisions, so that I can compete against players in my level. And let me advance to a higher division if I met their requirements. This would motivate me to improve!

Leaderboards aren’t meant to cater for your level, you shouldn’t be able to top a leaderboard unless your the best of the best, instead of divisions the leaderboards need to be separated from those who use wheels and those who use controllers, wheels are just unbeatable for anyone using a controller and it’s very unfair, you may be very good, and that time difference isn’t someone necessarily better, he’s just probably got a wheel and pedals, so I agree there, also people who use assists shouldn’t be on the same board as those who turn off all assists, also a little unfair, especially in a RWD car

1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

Le classifiche non sono pensate per soddisfare il tuo livello, non dovresti essere in grado di superare una classifica a meno che non sia il meglio del meglio, invece di divisioni le classifiche devono essere separate da quelle che usano le ruote e coloro che usano i controller, le ruote sono semplicemente imbattibili per chiunque usi un controller ed è molto ingiusto, potresti essere molto bravo, e quella differenza di tempo non è necessariamente migliore, probabilmente ha una ruota e pedali, quindi sono d'accordo, anche le persone che usano gli aiuti non dovrebbero Essere sullo stesso tavolo di quelli che disattivano tutti gli aiuti, anche un po 'ingiusto, specialmente in una vettura RWD

il discorso è piu complicato. OK, è giusto separare chi usa assist guide e chi no, chi usa il volante e chi un joypad. Però la differenza in classifica non è fatta solo di queste cose. ci sono molti gamer che usano un volante " facile" , 0% return force on whell,  usano paddle invece di un cambio ad H nelle auto che posseggono un cambio ad H. i tempi sono molto influenzati anche da questi dettagli. chi non usa il ritorno di forza nel volante non fa nessuna fatica, se non usa il cambio ad H quando è predispoto nella macchina ottiene allo stesso mondo un vantaggio, con il paddle la velocità di cambiata è piu veloce. CI SONO TROPPI GAMERS "BRAVI" PERCHE GUIDANO TROPPO FACILE... e non in maniera veramente simulativa. 

There should also be option to separate different camera users, cockpit drivers should be their own category.

17 hours ago, CatBadders said:

Figured I should throw my clip from today up here. Group B Daily win with a T1 Engine Tune and stock setup. Was pretty sketchy a few times throughout, and that one hay bale actually saved me :classic_laugh:

20 minutes ago, Karppuuna said:

There should also be option to separate different camera users, cockpit drivers should be their own category.

Locking cockpit view is classed as no assists, besides camera is kind of personal preference, you don’t gain an advantage so I don’t think it should have a separate leaderboard, just has to be cockpit view if your on the ‘no assists’ leaderboard 

I really don't like how bonnet cam is considered an "assist". I'm sorry, the current dash-cam is absolute garbage compared to DR1's dash-cam and until that is fixed I have no other choice but to run bonnet cam with my current rig setup.

Also not sure how @Shmeefly quoted me in this thread, but dammit if I am not going to give my opinion now too!

It would be nice if you could cycle the leaderboards and see what camera the times have been run.

It doesn't hurt anybody to give more options in the leaderboards, now all the people are in the same pile.

impossible to nagigate into the leaderboard to see the last, juste possible to see the first.
that is a problem for me, when i am 500th, i would like know if i m 500th on 600 or 500t on 5000.

Important to add filter like driving assist ...country....etc

On 3/16/2019 at 6:58 AM, Shmeefly said:

need to be separated from those who use wheels and those who use controllers, wheels are just unbeatable for anyone using a controller

You can filter by this already. And while I'll agree wheel users have more fine control than a controller, I definitely would not say they are unbeatable. Just look to @PJTierney for example - he posts damn good times using just his controller. And I know there are more out there, even back from DR1, where I'd see people making top 5 with a controller consistently. Day in day out, in weeklies and dailies. It just appears that a wheel is required, because most of the time when people are investing enough time to be good enough to reach top tier they are also willing to spend some money on sim gear.

people who use assists shouldn’t be on the same board as those who turn off all assists

As for this, I think most people agree that when looking at top tier drivers, they are almost always faster without assists. So not really any point for a different leaderboard all together - and again, we have a filter for the boards. Or maybe the filters can't do this anymore? I'll be honest, haven't used the filters once in 2.0 because I just focus on the absolute fastest times to try and beat - I don't care how they set them, it's now our job to beat them dammit!

Leaderboards aren’t meant to cater for your level, you shouldn’t be able to top a leaderboard unless your the best of the best

This part though, I 100% agree with. To OP's point, there are already divisions - that is what the tiers are. You can see if you're "top of your division" by just judging whether or not you make it into T1, T2, or T3 consistently. 

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

You can filter by this already. And while I'll agree wheel users have more fine control than a controller, I definitely would not say they are unbeatable. Just look to @PJTierney for example - he posts damn good times using just his controller. And I know there are more out there, even back from DR1, where I'd see people making top 5 with a controller consistently. Day in day out, in weeklies and dailies. It just appears that a wheel is required, because most of the time when people are investing enough time to be good enough to reach top tier they are also willing to spend some money on sim gear.

As for this, I think most people agree that when looking at top tier drivers, they are almost always faster without assists. So not really any point for a different leaderboard all together - and again, we have a filter for the boards. Or maybe the filters can't do this anymore? I'll be honest, haven't used the filters once in 2.0 because I just focus on the absolute fastest times to try and beat - I don't care how they set them, it's now our job to beat them dammit!

This part though, I 100% agree with. To OP's point, there are already divisions - that is what the tiers are. You can see if you're "top of your division" by just judging whether or not you make it into T1, T2, or T3 consistently. 

The wheel/controller issue, thing is, you have pros on controller who can match average wheel users, but the players on wheels who really know how to use them...! honestly it’s not really possible to catch them with a controller, as far as seeing the leaderboards, that’s assuming the wheel pros and controller pros all happen to take part in the same event, for example, I’m good on a controller and can get top 5, not all the time but I can, and other times il be just as fast but end up around the 50th mark, you only have to look at some of the leaderboards, if for example everyone has perfect run,  you can see the difference it’s considerably different, some leaderboards it’s harder to see because some on wheels may have been particularly slower that run, so drop to a controller pace, meaning the time difference is all clustered, I mean some will agree and some won’t, but either way you lean, adding the option regardless is a good idea, if you don’t want to separate you don’t have to, but for those who do, it’s there, I don’t really care about multi platform, some do, but I’m humble enough to agree it’s good that it’s there as an option for those who wish to use it, the option wouldn’t tarnish your personal preference, but gives me mine so I hope we can agree there, or at the very least agree to disagree lol

also just to add another point, I’ve seen videos of wheel runs on YT, and one thing I’ve really noticed is that the frame rate seems to be A LOT faster for some reason, maybe it only happens with certain wheels but maybe that’s a factor worth investigating, if they’re reaching the finish faster that way maybe that’s why top spots have such a big margin, it may be a bug, even I’ve noticed rarely when I’m mid rally it will occasionally speed up everything, almost like I’ve hit fast forward, like 1.5 speed, worth mentioning anyway

On 3/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, Einzelspieler said:

Agree, would be nice they implemented different tiers or player level cap or something to make it more enjoyable.

Also separate players using assists on/off and using a wheel/controller 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, Einzelspieler said:

On 3/16/2019 at 10:58 AM, Shmeefly said:

Leaderboards aren’t meant to cater for your level, you shouldn’t be able to top a leaderboard unless your the best of the best, instead of divisions the leaderboards need to be separated from those who use wheels and those who use controllers, wheels are just unbeatable for anyone using a controller and it’s very unfair, you may be very good, and that time difference isn’t someone necessarily better, he’s just probably got a wheel and pedals, so I agree there, also people who use assists shouldn’t be on the same board as those who turn off all assists, also a little unfair, especially in a RWD car

@Einzelspieler, I agree with @Shmeefly here, the intention of a Leaderboard is to show how you compare to the best. You're already competing against players on your level, take a look at your current Leaderboard positions and the times of those around you.

Instead of comparing yourself to #1, take note of your current position and the time gap to #1 instead. In your next runs/Events you should see if you can get closer, and if you do that's a great motivator. 

Here's a tip I used when climbing Leaderboards in Forza Motorsport 7:

• Set your laptime.
  • Look at the leaderboards.
  • Select the driver who's half a second faster than you as a ghost (in DiRT Rally 2.0 you can only do this in Time Trial)
  • Beat them.
  • Repeat the process until you can't beat a driver.

You'll get faster over time and those skills will carry over for the rest of your virtual racing career. techniques I first learned 20 years ago with Gran Turismo are still useful today :classic_happy:

As for filters, I don't think there should be one for Assists/No Assists. Instead, I'd like to see what Assists drivers are using while on the Leaderboard table (also, an ability to download their Tuning setup). An icon showing if a time is set on controller or wheel would be nice too but no need for a filter.

The only Leaderboard filters I'm really in favour of are Current Platform, Multi-Platform and friends, and all are in the game already.

also people who use assists shouldn’t be on the same board as those who turn off all assists, also a little unfair, especially in a RWD car

RWD, on a controller, no assists.

Come at me :classic_laugh:

On 3/16/2019 at 12:41 PM, ale81udine said:

il discorso è piu complicato. OK, è giusto separare chi usa assist guide e chi no, chi usa il volante e chi un joypad. Però la differenza in classifica non è fatta solo di queste cose. ci sono molti gamer che usano un volante " facile" , 0% return force on whell,  usano paddle invece di un cambio ad H nelle auto che posseggono un cambio ad H. i tempi sono molto influenzati anche da questi dettagli. chi non usa il ritorno di forza nel volante non fa nessuna fatica, se non usa il cambio ad H quando è predispoto nella macchina ottiene allo stesso mondo un vantaggio, con il paddle la velocità di cambiata è piu veloce. CI SONO TROPPI GAMERS "BRAVI" PERCHE GUIDANO TROPPO FACILE... e non in maniera veramente simulativa.  

-

the speech is more complicated. OK, it's right to separate who uses assist guides and who doesn't, who uses the steering wheel and who uses a joypad. But the difference in the ranking is not just made of these things. there are many gamers who use an "easy" steering wheel, 0% return force on whell, they use paddle instead of an H gearbox in cars that have an H gearbox. the times are very influenced by these details too. those who do not use the return of force in the steering wheel make no effort, if they do not use the H-gearbox when they are ready in the car, they gain an advantage in the same world, with the paddle the shifting speed is faster. THERE ARE TOO MANY "BRAVI" GAMERS BECAUSE THEY DRIVE TOO EASY ... and not in a really simulative way.

I agree, there are many more variables to consider than just "wheel or controller"?

For example, I'm using:

• Xbox One Elite Controller
  • + KontrolFreek Speed Freek Apex add-on
  • + Plus a custom stick sensitivity curves in the controller hardware
  • + custom settings in-game:

There are many ways to play a racing game, and it's possible to be quick with the majority of them :classic_wink:

On 3/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Karppuuna said:

Not necessarily.

The same views are available to everyone.

Rather than siphoning people off into their collective racing bubbles, players can (and often will) adapt to whatever options give them the best chance of success in-game.

From my own experience I played through all of DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 in Bumper Camera, but after a week in DiRT Rally 2.0 I found that it wasn't as useful for me as I couldn't anticipate corners quickly enough. I switched to Bonnet Camera and after a day of behavioural adjustment I was as quick if not quicker than before.

The stopwatch is the only thing that matters, how you get there is up to you :classic_happy:

On 3/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, Karppuuna said:

It would be nice if you could cycle the leaderboards and see what camera the times have been run.

It doesn't hurt anybody to give more options in the leaderboards, now all the people are in the same pile.

Seeing how other players got their times would be handy at the very least.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, RFRnico said:

impossible to nagigate into the leaderboard to see the last, juste possible to see the first.
that is a problem for me, when i am 500th, i would like know if i m 500th on 600 or 500t on 5000.

Important to add filter like driving assist ...country....etc

Forza Motorsport 7 does this well:

image.png.e919326d9ca9e9b94ac5693f6ebd1b37.png

There are 126,670 entries on that leaderboard, and the person who screenshotted this is in the Top 1% of players.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:55 PM, Mike Dee said:

I'm not even the fastest controller player I know, some regularly set #1s :classic_laugh: