The Co-Driver - A disappointement

I was enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot until I got upset of listenning that emotionless and monochordic co-driver. It would be expected from frachise with a long list of sucessfull rally games to go the extra lenght to give the player a taste of real rallying. The co-driver in Dirt 2.0 sounds like he's speaking from inside a recording studio, the pacenotes are not fluid, and also very simple (the most harcore rally fans will understand this point). The co-driver doesn't react to crashes, continuing to give the pacenotes like a robot, not even does he warns you something as basic as you going the wrong way. I think Codemasters should consider this issue as it takes off a lot of the "rally feel" from the game, wich is a rally simulator. Take the example from former Dirt Games, specially Dirt 3, wich had a very realistic co-driver, albeit with some flaws naturally. Also the option of having a female co-driver would make sense to return, acounting a growing number of female gamers and also some men would enjoy that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

Worst co-driver voice of CM's History and absolute not informative.

As you said his talk is flat, boring and there is no direct connection to the given situation in his reaction. Just reading words after each other from the paper....
There are funny moments, for example when he's talking about the tyres and / or the next sevice at the end of a complete rally?! 😄

His voice has no emotions, before a left or right " 1 " corner not louder than every other pacenotes, useless...
Sorry Phil, we know it's not your fault.

Pleae give us Paul's voice back.

Edited by mesa
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, DonM88 said:

I was enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot until I got upset of listenning that emotionless and monochordic co-driver. It would be expected from frachise with a long list of sucessfull rally games to go the extra lenght to give the player a taste of real rallying. The co-driver in Dirt 2.0 sounds like he's speaking from inside a recording studio, the pacenotes are not fluid, and also very simple (the most harcore rally fans will understand this point). The co-driver doesn't react to crashes, continuing to give the pacenotes like a robot, not even does he warns you something as basic as you going the wrong way. I think Codemasters should consider this issue as it takes off a lot of the "rally feel" from the game, wich is a rally simulator. Take the example from former Dirt Games, specially Dirt 3, wich had a very realistic co-driver, albeit with some flaws naturally. Also the option of having a female co-driver would make sense to return, acounting a growing number of female gamers and also some men would enjoy that.

I completely agree, made a point of this in my post as well

• Agree 1

il navigatore italiano è ancora peggio. sembra seduto in ufficio su una sedia. molte parole tradotte dall'inglese alla lingua italiana non esistono nei pacenotes dei rally italiani. codemasters non si è informata? è orribile sentire il nostro codriver, il peggiore sentito in un gioco di rally. NOn c'e volontà da parte di codemasters di fare un prodotto all'altezza, tanta pubblicità online e pochi fatti. lo dimostra dirt rally 2.0 uscito male, pieno di problemi di grafica, con pessimo FFB e pacenotes tradotte. C'era una grande aspettativa dopo il primo dirt rally, hanno deluso. io non sono un fanboy inglese o irlandese, la mia recensione è la stessa di molte persone che non frequentano questo forum. 

Edited by ale81udine

57 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

il navigatore italiano è ancora peggio. sembra seduto in ufficio su una sedia. molte parole tradotte dall'inglese alla lingua italiana non esistono nei pacenotes dei rally italiani. codemasters non si è informata? è orribile sentire il nostro codriver, il peggiore sentito in un gioco di rally. NOn c'e volontà da parte di codemasters di fare un prodotto all'altezza, tanta pubblicità online e pochi fatti. lo dimostra dirt rally 2.0 uscito male, pieno di problemi di grafica, con pessimo FFB e pacenotes tradotte. C'era una grande aspettativa dopo il primo dirt rally, hanno deluso. io non sono un fanboy inglese o irlandese, la mia recensione è la stessa di molte persone che non frequentano questo forum. 

puoi usare google traduttore e tradurre ciò che dici in inglese e copiare il testo nel tuo post, non sono sicuro che ci siano molti giocatori che capiranno cosa stai dicendo, a meno che non abbiano il tempo di usare il traduttore, più facile per te farlo una volta che tutti leggono di doverlo fare, il forum è principalmente inglese 🙂

I totally agree! In my steam account I titled: This pace note system is a complete deseaster. The calls should depend on speed and the position of the car on the track. But they seem to be packed into bundles which are started after passing a detection point. That system can never do the job! 

• Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, DonM88 said:

Also the option of having a female co-driver would make sense to return, acounting a growing number of female gamers and also some men would enjoy that.

German has a female co driver, and its any bigger mess than the default.

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 9:54 PM, DonM88 said:

The co-driver doesn't react to crashes,

oh they react sometimes, yesteday In crash i lost co driver for all stage :classic_blink:. I gues him lost consciousness or was angry and dont want to talk 😁 
p.s. also agree, need better co drive in english   

Edited by Fregis

In Polish version they have translated it with Google translator what makes it even worse than in English version. 

When I went feom dirt rally 1 to 2.0, this was the first thing that I noticed. The Co-drivers voice sounded like he was not in a loud-ass gutted rally car on a helmet mic.

Not only did it not sound right, he seemingly goes all crazy at inappropriate times and starts yelling when the stage is pretty tame. I can understand him yelling something like "DONT CUT" or "UNSEEN HAIRPIN, CLIFF ON OUTSIDE". But it seems like he increases his voice intensity for no reason...

The co driver in this game is a job very poorly done. But I think the most important thing and should be cm top priority is the calls themselves wich are completly wrong on almost every stage, he makes unforgivable mistakes through the all game, looks like he doesnt know the co driver vocabulary and rules.

The co-driver inaccuracies are by far and away the worst part of an otherwise very good game. 

There are so many incorrect calls that it spoils the experience for people like me who don't play the game continually and don't have the time to memorise ever stage. Very frustrating when you do a stage and arrive way too fast crash at the exact same place you went off the last time you approached the same corner. 

I often wonder what Phil Mills thinks of his name and voice being used for such useless notes?

This bothered me too, so much that I implemented user-created pace notes in Crew Chief (free open-source race engineer application for PC race sims):