Melbourne Event

The timing of Update 4 could not have been worse. I had my car finely tuned to get every bit of speed from it for this circuit. I was doing consistent 1:15's with a kind of robotic precision. The update wiped my setup. The update changed the braking points. The update altered the handling. I am trying to prepare all over again, yet most laps see me on the grass or fishtailing into a wall. I can't get my setup back to how it was and I consider myself lucky if I get a lap completed in 1:21 seconds. I wouldn't have thought I would ever choose Update 3 over anything, but never underestimate Codemasters ability to ruin something to a point you wouldn't have thought possible.

I fear my engagement with this game is coming to an end. I do not enjoy it. I do not just dislike it. I now hate it. I hate the useless XP system (whatever that is) and I hate the developers expectation that I will join the masses in the never ending, infinite folly of collecting parts that I know from experience will not make me more competitive.

8 minutes ago, slayton said:

The timing of Update 4 could not have been worse. I had my car finely tuned to get every bit of speed from it for this circuit. I was doing consistent 1:15's with a kind of robotic precision. The update wiped my setup. The update changed the braking points. The update altered the handling. I am trying to prepare all over again, yet most laps see me on the grass or fishtailing into a wall. I can't get my setup back to how it was and I consider myself lucky if I get a lap completed in 1:21 seconds. I wouldn't have thought I would ever choose Update 3 over anything, but never underestimate Codemasters ability to ruin something to a point you wouldn't have thought possible.

I fear my engagement with this game is coming to an end. I do not enjoy it. I do not just dislike it. I now hate it. I hate the useless XP system (whatever that is) and I hate the developers expectation that I will join the masses in the never ending, infinite folly of collecting parts that I know from experience will not make me more competitive.

Keep working. I know i left some on the table. Very fine line getting a fast lap. The margin of error is very small 

586D0513-CEC1-4C0A-A38F-639F7122133A.png

Posted (edited)

Keep working. That's the trouble. Fun has become replaced by hard work. Not just Events, but the game as a whole has shifted it's focus from the fun of racing to the task of collecting parts and XP Points.

Almost half of the Melbourne track is graded red telling us to slow down. Why did they change that? You can't trust the brake points anymore.

Edited by slayton

1 hour ago, slayton said:

Keep working. That's the trouble. Fun has become replaced by hard work. Not just Events, but the game as a whole has shifted it's focus from the fun of racing to the task of collecting parts and XP Points.

Almost half of the Melbourne track is graded red telling us to slow down. Why did they change that? You can't trust the brake points anymore.

I can tell you this. I laugh my a__ off at the setup. I think it totals 38 points. So none of the new stuff is really doing much for me, at this point. To me that is the thrill of the game. Figuring out just the right setup for the track conditions. I love the ragged edge for one lap. The speeds we are going arent gonna be topped. I just dont see how. Im a good driver but i hope that they tune these cards enough that changing them makes a noticeable difference. If i actually added up all my best times from the 3 sections im under 14.5 but i cant put a lap with all that in one yet so 1:15:8 is my best but i know its doable thats my drives me just like it drives you brother 💪 im just grateful i get multiple attempts now. When i was in the seat we only got one shot at it 😊

just wait for the event

theres gonna be some bots with 3000 PI and 1:10 timings i bet you on that in 1st place or something 

Posted (edited)

btw slayton i think i can make you go faster

its possible to take the first corner at 260 kph. you have to lift off the throttle at 75m and make the corner

plant the power in the middle of the corner, its ok if you use the astroturf, and you will find yourself exiting turn one at 270 kph

dont forget, full aero and handling

i just did a 1:16:67 with a 1100 PI car

Edited by WongYewXuan

Im not sure how it did it but i thru up a great time! More there. I bet i thru away 500+ To get this. Lots of time and frustration lol 

BDCC2316-132F-47BC-911F-ADD9B51EDC31.png

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, OUTLAWCHAMP said:

Im not sure how it did it but i thru up a great time! More there. I bet i thru away 500+ To get this. Lots of time and frustration lol 

BDCC2316-132F-47BC-911F-ADD9B51EDC31.png

I'm coming for ya Outlaw!!!  😂 You're my next target. 

I know where I lost time, so lets see if I can put together a really good lap

IMG_6821.thumb.png.c9f73069ba7f06eb1d2384641aa2a973.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

exactly as i predicted

some random 2000 PI developer bots posting ridiculous 1:11:5 times

what did i say guys...what did i say earlier

Edited by WongYewXuan

6 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

exactly as i predicted

some random 2000 PI developer bots posting ridiculous 1:11:5 times

what did i say guys...what did i say earlier

Yeah what the hell? How is a time like that even possible? I thought I was flying and ended up with 1:15. He somehow found another 4 seconds? No way.

hi all I have sam news for all from our Facebook group

F1 Mobile Racing Codemasters IOS/Android Mobile Fanpage 800 members now...

IMG_0145.png

54356052_386791808539980_2939719331006644224_n.jpg

54268559_386191175266710_9028583205418041344_n.jpg

53636713_386191141933380_8334886037960523776_n.jpg

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is same setup with auto accelerate, no brake assist.

Only did one race run, left a lot on the table but not worth the time for retries.

15D3774A-E6F8-467A-9E9D-A66DE652592B.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

7 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

This is same setup with auto accelerate, low brake assist.

Only did one race run, left a lot on the table but not worth the time for retries.

15D3774A-E6F8-467A-9E9D-A66DE652592B.jpeg

dont use auto accelerate, its what makes you go super slow

because in the update, they made it that theres random "red lines" everywhere on the track even on flat out areas

so what happens to you is that during the red zones, even when its flat out, the game is making you auto brake/not accelerate

oh wow look

the dev bot is back at it again with its ridiculous times

also did i mention that its name is 'madman'? how fitting

5 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

dont use auto accelerate, its what makes you go super slow

because in the update, they made it that theres random "red lines" everywhere on the track even on flat out areas

so what happens to you is that during the red zones, even when its flat out, the game is making you auto brake/not accelerate

Agree, that should have said no brake assist.

I don't do so well also controlling the throttle so that's my handicap.

1 hour ago, StKnowhere said:

Agree, that should have said no brake assist.

I don't do so well also controlling the throttle so that's my handicap.

I would imagine that the top guys are using a wheel with foot pedals. If they can utilize some type of throttle travel with that and a wheel is the key. Im using an Iphone 7 and its been very challenging and frustrating to say the least at hitting the marks and controlling the throttle. I got to where i was very consistent with my times they were just way inferior to guys like Stump. My hats off to you guys and im curious if you use a wheel? 

Bottas fastest lap was a 1.25.58 I think. And we have times 10-12s faster... amazing  

I think the Eastern European guys results is skill, hard work and many hours of practice.

So did we get our rewards or not? I didn't see it happen. All I can confirm is an ugly Australian flag livery, but no indication of parts added since I have nothing to upgrade. Seems like such a letdown. Makes me wonder why people bothering to redo laps when there's no difference between 1st and 761st.