Melbourne Event

8 hours ago, OUTLAWCHAMP said:

I would imagine that the top guys are using a wheel with foot pedals. If they can utilize some type of throttle travel with that and a wheel is the key. Im using an Iphone 7 and its been very challenging and frustrating to say the least at hitting the marks and controlling the throttle. I got to where i was very consistent with my times they were just way inferior to guys like Stump. My hats off to you guys and im curious if you use a wheel? 

there is no way you can use a realistic wheel + pedal for this

10 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Agree, that should have said no brake assist.

I don't do so well also controlling the throttle so that's my handicap.

you pretty much have to accelerate 100% of the time

you control the brake instead of the acceleration, because when you press the brake the throttle goes to 0%, so you can almost press accelerate all the time. sometimes for minor course corrections you have to let go of the throttle though

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, WongYewXuan said:

you pretty much have to accelerate 100% of the time

you control the brake instead of the acceleration, because when you press the brake the throttle goes to 0%, so you can almost press accelerate all the time. sometimes for minor course corrections you have to let go of the throttle though

That's what I was doing until I started getting cramps in my throttle thumb 🤣

3 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

That's what I was doing until I started getting cramps in my throttle thumb 🤣

LOL

• Agree 1

I addressed issue with throttle several times. I don’t know how about you guys, but mine has a second delay. When I hit that thing it does nothing for that sec. Even tapping does nothing although I can see the pedal on display. It is hard to nail the acceleration points, so I basically end up getting out of corners later.

56 minutes ago, Zyklo said:

I addressed issue with throttle several times. I don’t know how about you guys, but mine has a second delay. When I hit that thing it does nothing for that sec. Even tapping does nothing although I can see the pedal on display. It is hard to nail the acceleration points, so I basically end up getting out of corners later.

nah i dont have a delay with mine, never had, unless it was the stupid grid start glitch last time

maybe its your potato device haha

4 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

nah i dont have a delay with mine, never had, unless it was the stupid grid start glitch last time

Thats why you hold the throttle down all the time and bump the break as you need it. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, slayton said:

So did we get our rewards or not? I didn't see it happen. All I can confirm is an ugly Australian flag livery, but no indication of parts added since I have nothing to upgrade. Seems like such a letdown. Makes me wonder why people bothering to redo laps when there's no difference between 1st and 761st.

I thought of this too. I finished in the middle of the gold tier but there's no incentive to replay the event because I won't get anything else if I finish higher. It seems to me that they didn't think these game modes and features through fully.

14 hours ago, slayton said:

So did we get our rewards or not? I didn't see it happen. All I can confirm is an ugly Australian flag livery, but no indication of parts added since I have nothing to upgrade. Seems like such a letdown. Makes me wonder why people bothering to redo laps when there's no difference between 1st and 761st.

I thought of this too. I finished in the middle of the gold tier but there's no incentive to replay the event because I won't get anything else if I finish higher. It seems to me that they didn't think these game modes and features through fully.

4 hours ago, OUTLAWCHAMP said:

Thats why you hold the throttle down all the time and bump the break as you need it. 

Now that is a really stupid way to play a F1 game in my opinion. This issue came with second upgrade.

8 hours ago, WongYewXuan said:

I think that iPhone 8 should be just a bit better than potato. This behaviour came with second upgrade.