Low quality on graphic for standard XBOX version

I Bought on my standatd xboxone DR2.0 and i'm very disappointed. The worst graphic ever on a codemaster game, much worst than dirt 4 an dirt rally. I know that now there is xbox one x but why this close to be unplayable on standard xbox.....

Graphic it's better on replay than during the game but still not understandabe this poor quality.

Hope for a patch but codemaster seems to not be care about ps4 and standard xbox one owner.

Sorry. This is my first claim to codemaster since Colin Mcrea 1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

hope to fix it as soon as possible because it is unplayable so nothing can be seen:classic_sad:

Edited by Thierry97
  • Agree 5

I have the Xbox One X, it looks pretty good except the bloom is total overkill. Poland in the sun is so bloomy the road is one big bright white mess. And then it swerves horribly into darkness with sunset/dusk stages under shade. A pity as there so much more vegetation etc on the roadside so it should look much better than DR1. But the original looks more detailed and clear, thanks to all the bloom in the new one!

• Agree 4

Yep. I fully agree that dirt rally 1 looks much better on xbox one. :classic_sad:

MarcusPiayou didn't mention graphics tearing and low fps sometimes. Do you have such problems?

I have made a topic about this in Technical Assistance.

• Agree 4

I wouldnt say it's unplayable but there are screen tearing issues sometimes. In overall the game looks good and the stages look realistic, only exception is Michigan which is quite over-saturated in sunny conditions.

Sometimes textures look low-res which same textures look sharper in other parts of the game (details of some cars i noziced it on the Kadett's headlight.)

• Agree 3

Dirt Rally 1 good looking game.

Dirt Rally 2 awful looking game

22 hours ago, Dementiy said:

Yep. I fully agree that dirt rally 1 looks much better on xbox one. :classic_sad:

MarcusPiayou didn't mention graphics tearing and low fps sometimes. Do you have such problems?

I have made a topic about this in Technical Assistance.

Yes i have same problem, i saw video from xboxone x and it's very good, i ho codemaster can fix the graphic for xbox one and ps4 old generation because out of thi problem the game it's very good.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

Dirt Rally 1 good looking game.

Dirt Rally 2 awful looking game

giphy.gif

I'm really enjoying DR2 on my god tier old gen ps4. 

I hope for a patch maybe for the 26 that solves these problems of graphics of cars and tracks.:classic_wacko:

• Agree 2

It is abysmal looking on the original Xbox one, I didn't expect it to look good. But as others noted, this is a downgrade from every previous Codemasters release on that console. 

I understand wanting to work on the cooler, better hardware. But as far as I know, most Xbox one players play on an original Xbox one, so the game should be optimized as much as possible for those players 

• Agree 4

On Xbox One S it isn't just the low quality blurry image and too much light/darkness at places, but there are lot of screen tearing and FPS drops too. I would say in it's current state it's almost unplayable for a competitive driving game such as DR2 is. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Exactly my problem. DR 1.0 ran fantastic on Xbox One. But this is probably the most unrefined game they've ever released on Xbox One and 360, and it's sad because on the more powerful hardware the game looks absolutely amazing! I feel very betrayed on this release.😢 Hopefully they patch it soon because in it's current state, most of the games stages are straight up unplayable..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It may not be as sharp as DR but the handling is so so much better. I agree that they should have been able to match DR or D4 in the graphics but the handling is better. It's already improved with the patches ie cockpit replay being in sync now. In fact I think the graphics are improved from release. Hopefully they can keep listening to us and keep improving. Btw I'm on 'standard Xbox' and I'm enjoying the game.

• Agree 3

>but the handling is so so much better.

Yes. But all the pros are destroyed by poor performance.

>Btw I'm on 'standard Xbox' and I'm enjoying the game.

No. We are playing on different standard xbox ones?)) You really don't see tearing, blurry graphics and poor framerate?)

Or you just didn't play it enough? Try some Argentina/Poland/USA stages, especially the long ones. Sometimes it drops fps for 20, maybe 30 seconds. And it's like you are watching a slideshow. 😈

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh yeah the game's physics are amazing no doubt. It just sucks that we have to experience all these problems with quality and graphics (Especially the framerates and bloom) while every other game they have made on Xbox runs perfectly fine. Just seems like they don't care about their Xbox players that don't have the money for an X from this situation. But I really hope I'm wrong, and that they're able to patch out these problems in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Dementiy said:

>but the handling is so so much better.

Yes. But all the pros are destroyed by poor performance.

>Btw I'm on 'standard Xbox' and I'm enjoying the game.

No. We are playing on different standard xbox ones?)) You really don't see tearing, blurry graphics and poor framerate?)

Or you just didn't play it enough? Try some Argentina/Poland/USA stages, especially the long ones. Sometimes it drops fps for 20, maybe 30 seconds. And it's like you are watching a slideshow. 😈

Yes I've seen the slow framerate issues especially on Argentina or the stages with a lot of trees. Or the ineffective headlights. Invisible obstacles on Monte. All the problems I have experienced although the blurry visuals not so much. Nonetheless I still like the game. 

• Agree 1

After the latest patch the framerate seems better overall, but still huge drops and tearing at places with lot of trees and shadows. Image quality also looks a little sharper now on my end.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah, it isn't completely unplayable on all stages. But I think the biggest problem out of all of them is the lighting on cockpit mode. On most locations and weather settings, the cockpit is completely pitch black, while everything outside of the car is suddenly so bright that you can't see. (looking at you Poland) And then when you go through a forest, the framerates drop and it gets so dark that you can barely see anything in front of you. And the rain just looks plain awful compared to the previous titles sadly, which is crazy considering how amazing the rain looked in DiRT rally and DiRT 4.

• Like 1

The last patch made cockpits pitch black no one knows why. 

• Like 1

Ah, good to know. I didn't have the game last patch, so I've only had experience on this game in it's current state.

So in that case, hopefully they'll be able to address most of these issues in an upcoming patch in the future.👌

I see everything is always blurred both inside and outside the cockpit and above all where you go.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Balazsryche said:

After the latest patch the framerate seems better overall, but still huge drops and tearing at places with lot of trees and shadows. Image quality also looks a little sharper now on my end.

Exactly. In overall framerate improved but in shadowy sections it drops to - I guess - about 20-25 fps. On the other hand trackside spectators animations and - in replay - driver and co-driver animations are fluid now, not choppy as they were before patches.

Downgraded visuals maybe because of the improved physics. A more complex physics engine could demand more processor power so on old hardware - like our standard Xboxes - it could be a necessity to reduce graphics detail. 

Anyway I like how the game looks and plays now if the devs could squeeze a little more extra fps out of the old Xbox in some problematic stage parts it would be perfect

Edited by redriot77
  • Agree 1

The night time rain effect is a painful eyesore to look at. Looks like a placeholder effect tbh. Probably would cause more tearing & frame drops if they upgrade it tho. Shame