Sign in to follow this  

Are acceleration hiccups done on purpose to penalise players using braking assist?

Since last update, there's an obvious problem with auto-acceleration when using braking assist. And I wonder if it's a bug or if it's done on purpose to penalise players using braking assist against those who don't.

From the beginning, I use full braking assist to focus on steering. And the game was great like that. Since last update there are obvious acceleration stuttering on some corners exit (you can hear it through motor sound when playing). I did Australia event qualifying with full braking assist and managed to have my best lap in 1:26:400s (not even a bronze time). I tried then with no braking assist and I had no more problem with acceleration (no more stuttering) and managed a lap in 1:23:200s. So this is annoying because it means you can't play duels and win using full braking assist anymore (in fact if your opponent doesn't use braking assist or if it's a bot you have zero chance to win). I had 8700 cup points before the update and now I am below 8100 and there's nothing I can do because those acceleration hiccups just ruin every single race I play.

So, if I want to play again, I have to learn to play the game in a completely different way (without braking assist), and I don't like it because I find it too difficult to do when playing on a smartphone (can't imagine racing Monaco without braking assist really).

I tried lowering braking assist to medium but problem remains. I get full acceleration only with braking assist disabled.

So is it something devs wanted? If it is, please reconsider. If it's not, please fix it.

Thanks

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Norrin78 said:

Since last update, there's an obvious problem with auto-acceleration when using braking assist. And I wonder if it's a bug or if it's done on purpose to penalise players using braking assist against those who don't.

From the beginning, I use full braking assist to focus on steering. And the game was great like that. Since last update there are obvious acceleration stuttering on some corners exit (you can hear it through motor sound when playing). I did Australia event qualifying with full braking assist and managed to have my best lap in 1:26:400s (not even a bronze time). I tried then with no braking assist and I had no more problem with acceleration (no more stuttering) and managed a lap in 1:23:200s. So this is annoying because it means you can't play duels and win using full braking assist anymore (in fact if your opponent doesn't use braking assist or if it's a bot you have zero chance to win). I had 8700 cup points before the update and now I am below 8100 and there's nothing I can do because those acceleration hiccups just ruin every single race I play.

So, if I want to play again, I have to learn to play the game in a completely different way (without braking assist), and I don't like it because I find it too difficult to do when playing on a smartphone (can't imagine racing Monaco without braking assist really).

I tried lowering braking assist to medium but problem remains. I get full acceleration only with braking assist disabled.

So is it something devs wanted? If it is, please reconsider. If it's not, please fix it.

Thanks

Yeah i play with braking assist too... Now its hard without braking assist, because i play with left and right tap

Edited by Stepen

I dont use any brake assists but the dynamic brake racing guidelines have changed dramatically. Sections that I would consider straights have become red braking zones and I would imagine full brake assists would respond to these by slowing you down when there is no need to slow down. It hasn't made life any easier for those of us using no brake assists either. I used to be able to pinpoint when to brake, but now I am guessing most of the time which would actually be fine with me if I could turn off the function completely. But when you're driving into a corner and all you can see is red as you approach it's simply an unnecessary distraction.

You can tone it down, the inconsistancy in braking power between track makes it hard.

0209B876-F454-4ADD-81B1-E41E7B883849.jpeg

5 hours ago, slayton said:

I dont use any brake assists but the dynamic brake racing guidelines have changed dramatically. Sections that I would consider straights have become red braking zones and I would imagine full brake assists would respond to these by slowing you down when there is no need to slow down. It hasn't made life any easier for those of us using no brake assists either. I used to be able to pinpoint when to brake, but now I am guessing most of the time which would actually be fine with me if I could turn off the function completely. But when you're driving into a corner and all you can see is red as you approach it's simply an unnecessary distraction.

Glad you ask the question, 3D mode is much better visability.  Still red to early and long but better view of the track.

This is definitely annoying bugs since this update, old bugs fixed, another bugs has come out again and again, f1 mobile racing beta version

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, Norrin78 said:

Thanks

Hello - to answer your question in the topic title: no. As mentioned in a separate thread on Friday, the racing line changes and the issues some players are having with assists are on our list of areas to address following Update 4. Neither are intentional, and the team is investigating now to see if improvements can be made in those areas. Thank you 🙂 

Posted (edited)

OK thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately it made me stop playing fo now. I'm waiting for the Barhain event (I will learn to handle the track without braking assist in the mean time).

And hopefully next update will solve this racing line problem and I'll be back for duels to get my cup points back. Or not 😅

Edited by Norrin78

Posted (edited)

After noticed the weird braking behavior after last update, I immediatly learned to play without braking assist and with manual acceleration ! It took me 3-4 hour of practice in single mode in all circuits and now...

- I will never go back in automatic mode, much more fun in manual;

- I beat almost all player if i don't make great mistakes (i beat them with 1390 of power/aero/brakes/ etc, even if they are at 1600)

- i can modulate the brake and acceleration and i always pass other players in long straight and large curves;

- i can go in every part of the road without care about unwanted decelarations;

- I should never had written these things, now i will be beatale :))))

-

Edited by Maxlu